Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

just got off the site and seen stober took the win...good job man...that x2 is sick.
again i had another bad day of racing...new parts on the buggy w/good horsepower= terrible driving for me...lol i would trade it all back for the whore down shit i had...lol

when i went to start my buggy for the main i had no readings from the buggy to the controller.i thought my receiver pack dumped...so i traded it with the fully charged one i had in my bag.still nothing...then i started wiggling what wires i could...it turned on..well when i went out my buggy had a mind of its own...trun off then back on...full throttle with no reception.pretty much pissed me off...sorry to the guys that i got in the way of.so all in all after dumping almost 200 in parts in the past 2 weeks and shit still dousnt want o work...its a goner.im not playing this penny me to death game with it.i would consider keeping it.but it still needs alot of shit replaced and i now just dont want o fix it.so a bath it will get and ebay it goes..prolly try to sell it on tech first though.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I was wondering what happened to you- we got done and you were ghost. Like I've been sayin.... half the race with 1/8 is won off the track. That buggy is done for. Time to go full blast into the one eighth world.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ding, ding, ding- 1/8 buggy weigh in. I know, lots of variables. All weights are ready to race, minus fuel. All done on the SAME SCALE! It doesnt have fractions of an ounce......

Associated RC8
Aaron lipo 7lb 14oz
Ed lipo 7lb 9oz

GS CL-1 Advanced
Naethan no lipo 8lb 3oz

Mugen MBX6
Doug lipo 7lb 10oz
Jude no lipo 7lb 4oz
CR lipo with 1.15oz ballast 7lb 5oz
Sam lipo with 1.25oz ballast 7lb 3 oz (lighest)

Jammin X2
Tom lipo 7lb 5oz
Keith no lipo 7lb 12oz

Losi 1.0
Matt no lipo 7lb 7oz

Losi 2.0
Chuck lipo 7lb 7oz

Kyosho 777 SP2
Joe no lipo 7lb 10oz
Old 05-31-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
ding, ding, ding- 1/8 buggy weigh in. I know, lots of variables. All weights are ready to race, minus fuel. All done on the SAME SCALE! It doesnt have fractions of an ounce......

Associated RC8
Aaron lipo 7lb 14oz
Ed lipo 7lb 9oz

GS CL-1 Advanced
Naethan no lipo 8lb 3oz

Mugen MBX6
Doug lipo 7lb 10oz
Jude no lipo 7lb 4oz
CR lipo with 1.15oz ballast 7lb 5oz
Sam lipo with 1.25oz ballast 7lb 3 oz (lighest)

Jammin X2
Tom lipo 7lb 5oz
Keith no lipo 7lb 12oz

Losi 1.0
Matt no lipo 7lb 7oz

Losi 2.0
Chuck lipo 7lb 7oz

Kyosho 777 SP2
Joe no lipo 7lb 10oz

RC8e w/MONSTER lipo - 42 lb 15oz
Old 05-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default swweett

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
RC8e w/MONSTER lipo - 42 lb 15oz

I realy find the brushless convertions pretty cool. im actuly working on a what they call (V twin) emaxx in my shop (emaxx with 2 vxl systems good for about 55-60mph) just havnt saved up the money to buy the 2, 3 cell lipo's it's going to need,anyway,

there was a brushless 1/8th buggy at drums last weekend, the thing flew too! looking forward to seeing yours running!
be curous to see what kinda top speed that thing will get. i got an old beat up garman gps that i use, if you ever wanna find out lol.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default It's Alive!!!

It's Alive! The Famous Kyosho MP777 SP2 is alive and well.

The Resurection Tale since yesterday:
1) Bought a Dremel, and ground down the center differential so clutch bell would move close enough to spur gear to get a proper mesh. Yes dear I cann use the Dremel for lots of things, not just my RC Cars.
2) Use Dremel to trim break server horn to get a better fit and angle for breaks.
3) Put car back together and test drive. Ooops, lost a LOT of my breaks from the adjustments made in #3. Continue test drive being careful about stopping...hear a grinding rattle sound...oh not not the clutch bell again...alas it is not the clutch bell but the front drive shaft. Seems I forgot the Loctite on the set screw that holds the front drive shaft to the front differential and now said set screw is jammed in between the drive shaft and the differential.
4) Remove front suspention and pry out set screw...replace set screw with a new one remembering to use Loctite.
5) Put car back together...AGAIN...wait seems that I have lost one of the bearings from the top of the stearing towers...look but can find it nowhere...it had to be there when I started #4.
6) Start looking through all my spare parts because I'm sure I saw some somewhere...nope not there...look again...nope not there...look again...there they are.
7) Finish putting car back together...test drive...YEAH!!!! Success two tanks of fuel and nothing broke. Gonna try to stop at the track some night and give it a real try.

Sam, Boy your son is really good at driving RC's...guess the apple never falls far from the tree.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
I realy find the brushless convertions pretty cool. im actuly working on a what they call (V twin) emaxx in my shop (emaxx with 2 vxl systems good for about 55-60mph) just havnt saved up the money to buy the 2, 3 cell lipo's it's going to need,anyway,

there was a brushless 1/8th buggy at drums last weekend, the thing flew too! looking forward to seeing yours running!
be curous to see what kinda top speed that thing will get. i got an old beat up garman gps that i use, if you ever wanna find out lol.
That sounds like fun..someday i'd like to try it out!!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Brayden did pretty well but he needs a smaller controller so he can reach the brake. He's only 5 and his fingers too short to push the brake. The 6 was working pretty well and I should do better next time out. I was pretty tired and crabby by the end of the day.

I should've just stayed home and try to relax a little. The baby has her days and nights mixed up and I've been getting about 1-1.5 hrs sleep since Wednesday night. I had rough night again Saturday night. Then had people visiting all day Sunday so I couldn't rest. My wife is feeling better today and the baby slept most of the night so maybe I'm in the clear now.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats Sam C
Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks 4man...I may come out to McCullough's soon since I still have T-Ball games on Sunday the next few weeks.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

I may or may not be there...Electric is dead and Doug combines gas truck with the electric (which pisses me off)....soooooo....I'm going to Washington Pa Friday night and skipping Saturday again
Old 06-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by d4man
I may or may not be there...Electric is dead and Doug combines gas truck with the electric (which pisses me off)....soooooo....I'm going to Washington Pa Friday night and skipping Saturday again
Davey boy, how the he'll are ya?!? Good to see you posting over here!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default .

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
That sounds like fun..someday i'd like to try it out!!
yeah, 57.6mph so far on my stock vxl rustler with the 3 cell lipo hehehe
Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Shock question!

Got the buggy running but after a few jumps there was a lot of shock oil on one front and one back shock. Took it home and the spring clip and O rings had popped off. I put them back together and tried again the next day. The same thing happened again to the same front shock. This time I replaced the O rings. Is this possibly why it blew out again? Should you ALWAYS replace the O rings when this happens?

Kyosho should be making its debut on Saturday!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Davey boy, how the he'll are ya?!? Good to see you posting over here!
Sup brotha...I'm recovering from a hang over.....Going to the Stanley Cup Finals will do that to ya...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.