Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Sale sale sale !!!!!!

Before the BAY sees it ............

Integy lathe , fully auto with dimond(installed) and carb(new) bits . also comes with a nifty case .

(Allmost) FT T-4 roller with tons of spare parts (only thing is no thread shx)

TT-01 with all kit parts and a extra silver can

Batteries 4 good ones 3 -3800 & 1 4200 all IB's (pm for specs if interested)

airtronics mx3s synth radio with 2 rx's one air one novak

i'm sure i got more that i can't think of right now but this is only getting the ball rolling .

If any ones interested in anything just pm me for pricing (its all neg !!!)thanks for reading !!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Jam

I would gladly go CRT .5 racing only prob is NO CASH!! I have a bite on a trade for a buggy.....MBX5 for both T4's w/an OS .21 only no starter box.......anyone wanna part with one?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Well, if nobody wants to do any Electric racing then Sunday might be a trip to Tygart Lake with the girlfriend for some boating and jet skiing. I'd still really like to race so if there is any semblance of an electric class, somebody post on here and I'll be out. Otherwise, I should be in the 1/8 scale game within a month or so.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Chris, I was debating on weather or not to goto TRS but I am not driving an hour and a half for 3-4 people in mod truck. Same goes for Gas Truck. I'm just gonna work on my practice track this weekend.

A few of us where supposed to goto Medina but that's not happening either.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I can't even begin to express my frustration with the 'collapse' of 1/10 scale (electric or gas).

The guy I sold my old RC10GTs to brought one back to me because it needed repaired. It didnt take but 5 mintues to remove and re-install the motor/clutch/transmission and diganose the problem (dreaded clutchbell bearings) and get it running. It was so easy to work on. I miss that. (I was staring at my Jammin currently in 50 peices with contempt as I repaired his GT)

The whole time I was working on it, my subconcious was telling me to "buy it back" . . . "buy it back" . . . but I didnt because nobody races them anymore.

I'm not trying to rally the 1/10 scale crowd - I've enjoyed 1/8 scale at times this year too, and there's always enough guys to race, but, it's not the same. I'm beginning to think 1/10 is never comming back to the Altoona Raceway.

Icenutz brought is NIB unassembled CRT.5 kit to the track and I have to admit I was impressed with it. But, if the class takes off, it will be the death nail of 1/10 scale.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

I could run my old Kyosho gas truck if there are enough people. My scale hasn't been touched yet and the gas truck just need electronics put in. I don't plan on spending the time this week getting the buggy ready and could run the GT. I started it up a year and a half ago and it ran. I may be at a disadvantage due to it's age and also have no good tires but oh well. I used to race a 15yr old Losi in stock truck and still have it.

I could get Naethan to come out and run gas truck too if there will be atleast three. He probably has some tires I could bum since Associated wheels fit my Kyosho.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Ed, just curious. Did he/you run the MIP 4 n 1 clutch? Those clutches are too thick and they cause extra friction with the clutch bells. So what you have to do is to sand that MIP 4 n1 clutch down a little bit on end side and shim that clutch absolutely perfect and when you do, the dreaded clutch bell problem ends forever. My buddy Greg (who bought my GT1) is still on the same set of bearings that I put in the GT1 in January!!!!! Just FYI

Yeah I'm getting pissed off also, because frankly unlike some of the other guys I don't have the cash to play with "whats hot this week" and I don't feel like buying an 1/8th scale because it's the flavor of the week. Doug M claims half way thru summer electric will be all good again. If not, I'm done.

Last edited by d4man; 06-07-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Forman - I'm only 25-30 min from you...I'll drive the rest. My rent a car gets decent gas milage but is a real turd.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the offer Sam, I truly appreciate it. However, I committed to a full day of grasscutting on Sunday.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

That sucks! I have 1.5 acres but live in a company home. They cut the grass weekly and trims all of the bushes, shrubs for me. I'm pretty lucky in that respect.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

D4Man - Your right about the Mip clutch and I never knew about that tip. I wish I knew about that when I still had my GT - I used to need clutchbell bearings every 2-4 weeks. I will definately file it down for him - Maybe 1/16 of inch should be enough? And thanks again, that sounds like the cure.

Sam, I would like to see you and Naethan battle it out in Gas Truck, but, it looks like everyone wants to try CRT.5s instead. I guess the real problem is turnout in general. I just cant believe we cant get 4-8 Mod Trucks or Gas Trucks to the track on a weekly basis in addition to the very healthy 1/8 buggy turnout.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ed,
i got my gas truck all together....trying to figure out why it wont stay running.

anyways........i have a xray xb8tq brand new.....last buyer fell thrue....

anyone intersted?

matt
Old 06-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Ed, sand the thickness down on both sides (spring side and opposite side) until it doesn't rub the clutch bell anymore. And shim that badboy (i used kyosho shims) until that clutch bell spins freely!

Morris, is this a new engine? What kind? Is the idle set properly? Could be too rich on the bottom end?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Forza 2 club: I tried to send this message over XBox Live - but its too long. So I'm posting it here. I have built up a very competitive D class car. It handles extremely well but it doesn’t have the greatest top end speed. Overall, it’s nearly as quick as Matt’s insane Civic. It drives like it's on rails. Give it a try:

Scion SC

Upgrade the suspension/braking/transmission/clutch to maximums.

Upgrade: Magnaflow street exhaust + OMP America weight reduction + Street tire compound + Upgrade tire width

Areo: Forza 2 Front & rear bumpers + Forza 2 rear wing + Kaminari hood

Gearing 3.98 final drive

F/camber -1.5 R/camber - 1.0

F/toe + 3% R/toe + 3%

F/roll bar 4.0 R/roll bar 30.0

F/springs 375 R/springs 340

F/castor 4.5

Ride height 3.4” front & rear

F/Rebound 4.0 R/Rebound 6.5

F/Bump 5.0 R/Bump 7.0

Areo: Front 75 lbs Rear 0 lbs

Diff Accel 25% Deaccel 5%

Paint and apply decals to your preference!

Last edited by Ed237; 06-07-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

CRT .5 update:

The CRT .5 is fully assembled with the exception of servos which arrived today. My Sportwerks starter box turns the engine over nicely (I believe any 1/10 scale size starter box will work nicely with these). If all goes as planned, the CRT .5 will be completed this evening with engine break in tomorrow night into Saturday. This means Sunday should be the CRT .5's debut at the Altoona Raceway. If it does not get around the track well or does not seem extremely fun then the CRT .5 will see its EBay debut Sunday night.

Disclaimer:

Icenutz Racing and its partners did not intended for their interest in the CRT .5 to contribute to the further demise of the 1/10 scale class.

My name is Gregg Kalemba and I approved this message.

iCeNuTz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.