Wiki Posts
Search

Offroad in Maryland?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mjk87
Hey Beeen. Do you know how much the entry fee is gonna be for the races. I drove up there 3 weeks ago and talked to Garland about racing there. It sounds really cool and its only obut 30 mins away from my house in Hagerstown. Im gonna try to make it to the first race. I really dont have anything special for my truck tho so i dont know i might just watch the first time.
The fee for 1 class is $15 if you have a personal transponder, $17 if you don't, I'm not sure what it is for multiple classes. C'mon, you know that if you come just to watch you'll wish you were racing It's the beginning of a new season, nobody is going to be on top of their game
Old 02-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ofna hyper 7 w xtm 24.7rebuilt ,new axial 28

FOR SALE OR TRADE .$350 OR NICE ON ROAD 1/10 MUGEN ,KYOSHO, SERPENT
703-336-7759
Old 03-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueStreak362
www.nuclear-rc.com , great track based out of parkton MD.
nuclear is a great group of folks,I ran out there twice last summer and its an awesome layout.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mjk87
Really. I could of sworn it was carpet. I was just there 2 days ago. But knowing me im prolly wrong lol. Looks like i should of gotten into elec onroad instead of nitro and elec offroad.
Its definately asphalt,the carpet track is in gaithersburg
Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Nexgen hobbies of funkstown has broken ground on their new offroad track on national pike in boosboro across the street from mason dixon dragway,should be finished in april they say.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'll have to go over to mason dixon and check it out this weekend.I would like to see big jumps, burms and a nice straightaway.MT style.Some of you guys should go down to 301 raceway in md.It's onroad but it's great.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sm1nts2escape
I'll have to go over to mason dixon and check it out this weekend.I would like to see big jumps, burms and a nice straightaway.MT style.Some of you guys should go down to 301 raceway in md.It's onroad but it's great.
It would be a waste of a trip for you unless you intend to lend a hand,its far from being finished. I go to 301 in the summer before it gets hot outside but we are pretty well spoiled having an indoor asphalt track here,gotta love cold A/C lol
Old 04-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by speedemall
It would be a waste of a trip for you unless you intend to lend a hand,its far from being finished. I go to 301 in the summer before it gets hot outside but we are pretty well spoiled having an indoor asphalt track here,gotta love cold A/C lol
Any word on the Mason Dixon track. Have they finished it. Is there a web site. I live near Ellicott City MD and am looking for a track. I have been to Parkton and it is a great track nice people to. Just looking for something different.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ccumbe
Any word on the Mason Dixon track. Have they finished it. Is there a web site. I live near Ellicott City MD and am looking for a track. I have been to Parkton and it is a great track nice people to. Just looking for something different.
Its getting closer to completion,the same four people have been volunteering for the past month or so and its just not enough people to get things done in a timely manner. They are waiting for more clay and then its on to building the jumps.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Its getting closer to completion,the same four people have been volunteering for the past month or so and its just not enough people to get things done in a timely manner. They are waiting for more clay and then its on to building the jumps.
When are they expecting to open? And how far from Fredrick MD is it? Will it be a 1/8 scale track?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

It is between frederick and hagerstown on baltimore national pike. Time frame that it will be done is unknown as everyone has busy schedules outside this and no one can be there every weekend.We got some fencing up today and were going to start on jumps as soon as the next few trucks of dirt arrive. Pics of the layout and current state of the site is below
Attached Thumbnails Offroad in Maryland?-igt-001.jpg   Offroad in Maryland?-igt-003.jpg   Offroad in Maryland?-igt-004.jpg  
Old 04-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Rookie

It is between frederick and hagerstown on baltimore national pike. Time frame that it will be done is unknown as everyone has busy schedules outside this and no one can be there every weekend.We got some fencing up today and were going to start on jumps as soon as the next few trucks of dirt arrive. Pics of the layout and current state of the site is below
It looks like you guys need a track builder. I have a s300 bobcat on tracks that I could use to help you guys. I am a builder in the Howard and Carroll county areas and would be willing to do it at a discounted rate if you are interested. I have built some nice tracks that we have here in Lisbon on our land. I will try to post some pics if I can figure out how. Its a 27 sec lap with 2 triples, one double, and one big double. Its a great practice track we just built a drivers stand a week ago. We practice on Wednesday nights at about 6pm
Old 04-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ccumbe
It looks like you guys need a track builder. I have a s300 bobcat on tracks that I could use to help you guys. I am a builder in the Howard and Carroll county areas and would be willing to do it at a discounted rate if you are interested. I have built some nice tracks that we have here in Lisbon on our land. I will try to post some pics if I can figure out how. Its a 27 sec lap with 2 triples, one double, and one big double. Its a great practice track we just built a drivers stand a week ago. We practice on Wednesday nights at about 6pm
you got pm!!!! if you know anyone else willing to lend a hand let me know we are there every saturday 9am
Old 04-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

there is a off road track near middle river hobbies now. track should be ready soon.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mdmaxx
there is a off road track near middle river hobbies now. track should be ready soon.
Any contact info for the middle river hobbies people? Do you have any idea when the track is suppose to be ready?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.