Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mario,Any chance of running the F103GT class under TCS rules this winter? I have been running under TCS for the past few weeks. The racing is as close as I have ever seen. The 1 hour mains are very cool also. Also, any thought to a TCS touring class like GT-3?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default ..............

Hey Chris,Watup? I'd be up for anything as long as everyone agrees.Not too sure of the TCS rules tho.You referring to Battery and motor?Parts?Race types?Can we find the rules posted? I'm running my F1 and the Courage kit.Also building a 3rd 1o03GT for a GT type body,have a Honda NSX at the moment...got the hots for the HPI Camaro tho.Alls we came up with is the House motor,3000 stick packs and rubber for the LMP/GT class and foams for the F1's.People are hopping up with the 3racing,Kawada parts also.1 hour mains sounds awesome...Have to talk to Bill about that tho.Let us know specifically what rules you're refering to.I'm sure no problem.The classes are meant to be a relief from the INTENSITY of the TC class.So....More fun.Hellyea!!!!!!!!!!!Mario.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

hey guys its jeramie. i havent been on here in a while so if im right let me know but i just found out bout jamies trophy race this weekend. if u wanna go mario ill see if i can go. i rly wanna run the xray nd see how i can do with it. w/b asap
Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

hey jamie ill be there count me in for 12t touring or 19...w.e shows up ill run!!!!!!!!!!cant wait
Old 08-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
Sarcasm will get you everywhere.NOT amoney issue.No need to bribe(although I will take you up on your generous offer kind sir.)NOT about old age either...My sweet beotch.Just details to work out.12turns are useless to me...19turns a bit more usefull.Won't need your car...just the motor maybe.All kidding aside tho....12turn is the spec motor?or just the minimum wind?I mught have a couple of 13/14 turns I could use if It's no problem.Get back asap as I have alot to do to try to pull this together.Mario.
I LOVE WHEN YOU WHISPER SWEET NOTHINGS IN MY EAR

You can run anything down to a 12t. In the last race we had, a 19t took 2nd and he was the only 19t at that. Hey "J" good to see your still out there, say hi to your folks for me.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

hey mario ill b there u should go nd well have some fun!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Default ...............

Trying...Hope to make it happen.Would be fun.Mario.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
Hey Chris,Watup? I'd be up for anything as long as everyone agrees.Not too sure of the TCS rules tho.You referring to Battery and motor?Parts?Race types?Can we find the rules posted? I'm running my F1 and the Courage kit.Also building a 3rd 1o03GT for a GT type body,have a Honda NSX at the moment...got the hots for the HPI Camaro tho.Alls we came up with is the House motor,3000 stick packs and rubber for the LMP/GT class and foams for the F1's.People are hopping up with the 3racing,Kawada parts also.1 hour mains sounds awesome...Have to talk to Bill about that tho.Let us know specifically what rules you're refering to.I'm sure no problem.The classes are meant to be a relief from the INTENSITY of the TC class.So....More fun.Hellyea!!!!!!!!!!!Mario.
The TCS rules are posted on the Tamiya site. In short: rubber, 540 motor, Tamiya parts only, LMP body only.We have been running 1 hr mains to get the rules and proceedures right for series of 6 hr mains in the fall.Your right, this class is a nice change from the slap happy touring car classCheck out the rules and let me know what you think.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

well i think we shud stay with what we have now any rubber tires stock motors any body gt or lmp ( I love my porsche)and any parts mario already blew that rule out the window with his blue bling mobile
Old 08-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
well i think we shud stay with what we have now any rubber tires stock motors any body gt or lmp ( I love my porsche)and any parts mario already blew that rule out the window with his blue bling mobile
I agree.The TCS rules aren't much different besides using Tamiya parts only.And I am not the only one with hopups.lolMarks has some too.I do like the idea of any body too.Would like as much variety as we can get.Would like to see people using "favorite"bodies rather than the "fastone". As I said looking at the camaro and maybe some others like the McAllister bodies.Well,off to bed as I am going to try to get up on tome to go out to Jamies tomorrow.Have to be up at 5 or so to make it.Talk soon,Mario.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Suspended

Ok everyone I think that we should decide on which way we are going by the end of this month so that Dot has time to order what we need for touring

option 1 Rubber (CO-27 Or jaco possibly green compound)[teched at beginign of each day & obe set per day]

option 2 foam

Rubber 5
(Me, mario, Kate, Mike Bowers, jereme)

Foam 2
( Charle & Raff)

Jeff can go eather way

So tell all ur buddies we have to figure this out all other concerns or ides will be considered after this matter is resolved

Thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

Being that I only raced there once last winter, I feel that a rubber spec tire is definitely the way to go. I think that it will slow the cars down a hair and possibly keep the electronics cooler with less grip.

My only advice would be to update everyone with a basic set up for their touring car, since most cars have a similar design, this should not be difficult.

And how about redoing the minimum weight, I am tired of trying to find space on my xray to mount lead weights.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Suspended

dont worry the weight is deffinitly going to b fixed
rubber tired are maybe 2 10ts slower than foam thats is

setupt softin it up a bit and ull b fine

a highbite asphault setup is a good start also if you cant find a rubber carpet setup

Rubber 6
(Me, mario, Kate, Mike Bowers, jereme, Dominick)

Foam 2
( Charle & Raff)
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Default At this time

Spoke to the Middletown boys sunday....They're wanting foam.It's not over yet.I will go with the majority on this tho.Just want to have a nice sizeable competative class,that's all.Anyone else want to weigh in on this.Eric?,Tim?,Etc.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Suspended

well have them jump on here and vote

new waights will be

Touring
Foam 3.126 LB
Rubber 3.361

1/12 1.751

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.