Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

everyone should marshall when required and when they have free time!

this will work and should keep smiles on everyone's faces.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by lovell
Impound table...put an impound table at the right side of the drivers stand...come down off the hill, pick your car up, and put it on the table...EASY AS THAT!!!

Last time I raced...most people pit in front of the shop, so put the table far from the pit area and problem solved...
I think CR is right we need to go from the drivers stand to impound table and out to the track, that will keep things moving, remember we want to try and use 3-4 minutes max between each round of qualifying .
Old 06-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blacksunshine
Yeah i'm with you Eric.If truggy was to run earlier in the races that would be a god sent.I know the truggy guys come back to the pits after there race and go right out to the track to marshall.Unless like what happened to Eric where he was broke and got someone to marshall for him.I for one go back grab a cig and go check out the times of the race and walk out on the track to marshall.It does kind of suck that G has to get on people to get there asses out there to marshall.You would think at this point it would be habit to go right back out and marshall.But anyway had a blast Sunday the track is great and the races have been on point.
Pit Stop has a tight schedule and hard stop for their night racing. To keep everything moving, they have a 'tech' table that racers put their rigs on right after the race, and everyone immediately goes out to marshall. It works really well. Just going back to the pits to put cars down, grab this or that, check races times, and say a quick word to a buddy, etc .. adds up. If we save the run back to the pits for after our marshalling it really helps to run everyone through real quick.

Not only that, but the tech table concept also helps for big races (IE: ROAR), so that people aren't taking their cars away and not getting teched and possibly DQ'd. They're already used to doing that.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
I think CR is right we need to go from the drivers stand to impound table and out to the track, that will keep things moving, remember we want to try and use 3-4 minutes max between each round of qualifying .
Yea -- what Kash said. I guess I coulda just said DITTO instead of typing 5,000 words.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
sometimes i can combine classes, but lately the classes that have like 3 entries have guys signed up for other classes that are at 3 entries. its really rough because I dont want to exclude anyone from racing with us. The extended mains that nitro have come accustomed to are driving other classes to desire longer or double mains... its a cycle haha next thing you know everyone will want double mains... just wait guys those of you who have no endured marshalling for a 20-45 nitro main. I like Homers format of extending the heats of electric classes to 9 minutes and doing a single 10-12 minute mains and 6 minute nitro heats with 20 minute mains.
Really. Double Amains are way better than 1 10minute Amain, nobody cares about a 9 minute qualifier, its only qualifying.. Racing the mains is where the action is.. Homer just did that to keep the e buggy guys happy, he had no idea the class was gonna blow up.. Soon we will have batterys to run 15 minutes easy and I am hoping next year we can get double 15 minute mains so long as nitro A still gets 30 at all large events. But right now you are golden with the 5 minute qualifiers and double A mains. Peeps are taking notice and your track is being talked about alot.. Just switch truggy to the first race and dock laps from best qualifying times on those guys not marshalling. At RCO in the 90's if you didnt marshall you didnt race, simple as that. I think your 1/8 scale nitro and Electric is on point.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I must say I'm lucky to have a track close to me but I can say when people are getting into it and don't have a close track to them they need all the extra run time and longer mains if he gets there. I would've liked a longer B main to get some practice. Never will make the A mains if I don't get to practice. LOL

I can also say about passing on the beginning isn't always someone passing. The computer called me first and then I spun on the first jump. Sorry if I messed anyone one up and I'm still learning but I did feel bad because I jammed everyone up right away. But I guess that is part of racing.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
Really. Double Amains are way better than 1 10minute Amain, nobody cares about a 9 minute qualifier, its only qualifying.. Racing the mains is where the action is.. Homer just did that to keep the e buggy guys happy, he had no idea the class was gonna blow up.. Soon we will have batterys to run 15 minutes easy and I am hoping next year we can get double 15 minute mains so long as nitro A still gets 30 at all large events. But right now you are golden with the 5 minute qualifiers and double A mains. Peeps are taking notice and your track is being talked about alot.. Just switch truggy to the first race and dock laps from best qualifying times on those guys not marshalling. At RCO in the 90's if you didnt marshall you didnt race, simple as that. I think your 1/8 scale nitro and Electric is on point.
You still have not figured it out yet. Batteries are not the issue. It's heat that is the problem. After last year, I would have figured you would remember that by now.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skipnay
I must say I'm lucky to have a track close to me but I can say when people are getting into it and don't have a close track to them they need all the extra run time and longer mains if he gets there. I would've liked a longer B main to get some practice. Never will make the A mains if I don't get to practice. LOL

I can also say about passing on the beginning isn't always someone passing. The computer called me first and then I spun on the first jump. Sorry if I messed anyone one up and I'm still learning but I did feel bad because I jammed everyone up right away. But I guess that is part of racing.
I would not worry about it. The first of lap of most club level racing it's bound to happen in one of the corners.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmackani
You still have not figured it out yet. Batteries are not the issue. It's heat that is the problem. After last year, I would have figured you would remember that by now.
With Ty's setup on my buggy now no fans on nothing I got no heat problems, remember I ran all last season somewhere else 20minute straight Amains and never had a problem in my 1/8scale.. Now this year with my 1700 i was flogging it to get speed and all i had to do was gear it up 3 teeth, bam problem solved and its smooth as butter.. I dont think heat will be much of an issue in the future everything will be more efficient and batts will run longer.. Only time will tell .. Would be sweet to run 30 minute main someday with an electric car.. I know the technology exists it just hasn't trickled down to the public yet..
Old 06-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Family and I had a blast sunday. Was good to see everyone again. Not sure about this weekend yet. No more kids for us. 4 is plenty, plus I had the doctor close that factory after the last kid . Plus if I have another kid I think wifey would kill me. See everyone again soon.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kash, on Sunday after the races, you said Tony will only be at the ROAR RACE and then no more because he has his own track. Does he run RCOS?
I heard a little bit about that, but not quite sure what you meant. Robin
Old 06-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
Kash, on Sunday after the races, you said Tony will only be at the ROAR RACE and then no more because he has his own track. Does he run RCOS?
I heard a little bit about that, but not quite sure what you meant. Robin
I think Homer is running RCOS.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

I think Homer is running RCOS.
We might see Tony from time to time, him and steve were thinking about taking over nuclear, I dont think they will its to far for them. The rcos series is run by homer from the tiltyard.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Steve who? Hopefully not Steve Wood. I see all of his stuff for sale over on the for sale forum.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Steve who? Hopefully not Steve Wood. I see all of his stuff for sale over on the for sale forum.
He is pursuing other avenues of the RC world right now, him and T still owne Waldorf RC so I am sure sooner or later he will be back, right now he has been taking his son fishing on his race days.. I am sure the 2 of them will get another track going soon enough, they had one awhile ago. Jason Nuclear is ripe for the picking, they just want someone to show up and they will hand over the keys, been thinking about it myself lately, its only 45 minutes from my house.. The rent is the right price, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.