Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Track In Lewisville, TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2001, 03:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New Track In Lewisville, TX

Thought I would start a thread about the newest track edition in the DFW area.

The owner of the Hobby Town in Lewisville (Brad) opened a track in the parking lot of the Tom Thumb.

He has a Generator, Transponders, Trailer, Night Racing Lights and lots of track. He really did a great job starting this track.

I encourage racers to come out and check it out. It is easily the size of Finish Line and larger than Indy R/C. Traction is good especially considering people have only been practicing on it for about 3 weeks. It will definately get better as more rubber and compound from peoples tires is laid down. He is spraying Sugar water on all the corners which really helps.

So come on down and help lay down some rubber.

The track is setup at 8:30 am every Saturday morning (yes I said Every Saturday) Finally a place to race every week. He closes the track when people are done racing. Usually around 9 pm depending on whos there.

It is located in the city of Lewisville on 3040 which is also known as Round Grove Road. It's approximately 3 miles west of the 35 or 1 mile west of 121.

The Address is:

The Market At Valley Parkway
1079 West FM 3040 Suite 700
Lewisville, TX 75067
(214) 488-0980

From the DFW Airport just go North on 121 and take 2499 towards Flower Mound. Turn Right (East) on 3040/Round Grove Road and follow it approximately 3 miles to Tom Thumb

Or from Dallas take 35E North to 3040/Round Grove Road and turn left (West) go approximately 3 miles to Tom Thumb.

Both the track and Hobby Shop are in the same Strip Mall so parts and products are readily available as well as food and drinks from local vendors.

So come on down and lets show some support for this awesome hobby.
Old 09-28-2001, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Bullseye, I should make it there tomorrow. I may not stay till 9pm again but at least stay till 1'ish. Did Brad get those parts in? Did I give you enough to get you by this past weekend?
Old 09-28-2001, 03:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes, and Yes... I actually didn't even have to use the parts you gave me. Brad got them in fairly quickly. I have now stocked up on TC3 A-Arms.. hahahahaha

I also ordered a Penguin R/C Front bumper for the TC3 which protects the front arms on impact. Of course the best thing I could do is simply stop hitting the damn boards...

I also ordered a Penguin Top Plate for my 2nd Pro 2. Hopefully they will both be here before next weekend.

I plan on practicing quite a bit tomorrow. Need to take the time to adjust my setup's on 2 of my cars. I really have not spent that much time adjusting my TC3 and really need to do that. I basically just built it and slapped it on the track. Then spent the rest of the time fixing the broken parts from my bad driving.

Poor Signo, I totally hammered him last weekend. His car died in the middle of the track and I didn't see him in time. I appologized and luckily it didn't break his car.

What time you going to make it to HTL tomorrow?
Old 09-28-2001, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

I can be there around 8:30 for set up. Have you given any thought as what you what the track layout to be? I am sure Brad will let us decide what the layout is. We should use the Finishline layout and work towards improving our times.
Old 09-28-2001, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Great Idea, lets just set it up exactly like Finish Line..

I plan on bringing 5 Gallons of Hot Water to mix with 10 lbs of sugar. That should make a nice traction compound.

Any suggestions from anybody out there about how to mix a traction spray? the track owner has a 2 gallon sprayer for now.

So far we are looking at 3 lbs of sugar to every 2 gallons of water.
Old 09-28-2001, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

I noticed that the spayer itself makes too fine of a mist. Making it spurt out more may improve the situation slightly.

Last edited by RCCadet; 09-28-2001 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2001, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

I liked the Finishline layout a lot. The traction was superb. I am glad we stayed the rest of the day there. I will be out there next weekend!
Old 09-30-2001, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

I had so much fun yesterday. After spraying the track with Hot Sugar Water there was so much traction.

Everybody seemed to like the new layout. Mirrored Finish Line's track. I liked it because it gave me the entire day to practice setups and driving techniques.

I will definately be out there again next weekend. My car just felt so hooked up at that track. It was great.

Glad you made it down..
Old 09-30-2001, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

The weather was perfect and the cars were hooked!
Old 10-01-2001, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Bullseye, it seems that we will have some fast competition running with us Saturday. Check out Sweetpeas comments in the Greendome thread.
Old 10-04-2001, 03:05 PM
Tech Initiate

What time you gonna be at the track on Saturday?
Old 10-04-2001, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

I want to be there early. The others may show early also.
Old 10-05-2001, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

The XRAY is down, I will run my FTTC3 this weekend. If by chance I find the hardware I need the XRAY will be ready for Sunday.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Smile

Bullseye, it was a great day of Sunday racing at the Finishline. The info is posted and pictures uploaded. There is a picture of you departing the track with your speed demons in the rear deck of the car. Was that planned?

Below is the link for the track I raced at in North Carolina.

http://www.geocities.com/chapelhillrc/main.html

Sweetpea made a another nice comment in the Greendome thread and it seems we have another big race this Saturday at HTL.

Last edited by RCCadet; 10-23-2001 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:47 AM
Tech Initiate

I had a ton of fun at HTRL this weekend. It was great to have all the fast guys there to race with. Then to go on out to Indy that same night and to Finish Line the next day. It was so much fun.

The new track has so much potential. And the location is awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.