Wiki Posts
Search

Big Carpet Race

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Suspended

Default Big Carpet Race

Hey guys,

Mikeshobbyshop in Dallas will be holding another carpet event in March. For those of you who attended the Fall Classic, we would really appretiate yall coming back. For those who didn't, you missed out. Now is your chance to experience some of the best racers in the country.

Dates are set for March 12-14th.

More Details to follow.

Chris Adams
Old 01-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Suspended

Ok guys, here is some info.
Same format as the Fall Classic.

Friday- practice, club race at night
Saturday- practice till 630 2 qualifiers
Sunday- Last chance qual and mains.

This format gives people that are from out of town or working plenty of practice time on saturday before qualifying begins.

Classes-
WGT 13.5
17.5 and 13.5 Rubber Sedan
17.5 and 13.5 12th scale

Rubber sedan is using a sorex 28 spec tire. Please bring your own tires.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What class would the 18th scalers get put into?
Old 01-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Suspended

Hmmm, not sure. Was unaware of a consistant following of the 18th scales in the DFW area. I guess if you talk to Dumas and show that there will be enough, he would run your own class.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I will try and make this one. The asphalt racing will have already started in our area so Im not sure if I will be able to bring others or not but maybe.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Is it the Speed Mind sorex 28 or are the Sjrs legal as well? Thanks..

Also I'm hoping there is a limit per class or at least a gentleman's agreement
Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Anyone receive their event t-shirt from the Fall Classic off 2009? Are we hosed on that deal or what? $75 in entry fees?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Mr RCGUY Q ,

The award Shirts were paid for in advance. The originial price Mike Dumas and I were quoted changed. What we were told we would get changed. The company wanted more money per shirt to do them at all. But still not getting what was originially agreed upon. We paid it too and still no shirts.

Deals to good to be true I guess are too good. Yes looks as if we ALL got hosed!!

You chose not to pre enter, so you did pay $75.00 instead of $65.00.
You would pay $30.00 or more at most club races for two classes and not get near the track time or any awards. You did get two plaques and I believe you won some items in the drawings. Sorry you did not have a good time.
I'll send you the $20.00 I have already paid for the shirts if that makes you happy, If not tell me what will.

Steve Crane

Last edited by steve crane; 02-01-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by smoke81
Is it the Speed Mind sorex 28 or are the Sjrs legal as well? Thanks..

Also I'm hoping there is a limit per class or at least a gentleman's agreement
Either tire will work. No limit but Im sure most of us will be using less than 3 sets. I know I wont use more than 2-3 sets.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Suspended

Steve,
Whatever the price is of the shirts, I believe that as a race promotor that promised something, you should live up to the promise. I know I do not need a shirt but telling people one thing and doing another is not a good way to get people back for the next race. Im not mad or upset about the issue. Im chiming in because I would like to see the race grow in popularity and issues like this keep people away.
Chris
Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by steve crane
Mr RCGUY Q ,

The award Shirts were paid for in advance. The originial price Mike Dumas and I were quoted changed. What we were told we would get changed. The company wanted more money per shirt to do them at all. But still not getting what was originially agreed upon. We paid it too and still no shirts.

Deals to good to be true I guess are too good. Yes looks as if we ALL got hosed!!

You chose not to pre enter, so you did pay $75.00 instead of $65.00.
You would pay $30.00 or more at most club races for two classes and not get near the track time or any awards. You did get two plaques and I believe you won some items in the drawings. Sorry you did not have a good time.
I'll send you the $20.00 I have already paid for the shirts if that makes you happy, If not tell me what will.

Steve Crane
Never said anything about not having fun. I had a blast! However, I know that if I were in your shoes in this ordeal people would be flaming me like crazy.

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Steve,
Whatever the price is of the shirts, I believe that as a race promotor that promised something, you should live up to the promise. I know I do not need a shirt but telling people one thing and doing another is not a good way to get people back for the next race. Im not mad or upset about the issue. Im chiming in because I would like to see the race grow in popularity and issues like this keep people away.
Chris
Old 02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Oh I agree totally Chris. Mike Dumas and I have both been hearing about it.
The shirt folks are in Carrollton. Dumas is in contact with them.
I am still hopeing for the shirts and that Mike and I did not get ripped off.
If thats the case, I will try to come up with an exceptable solution for those who should have received them on a one to one basis.

I just was just disappointed that "Q" , a RC race promoter, would chose to bash on a public forum.

Steve
Old 02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Suspended

Well, the next race will be just like the Classic. So much track time you will be sick of being at the track. Lots of fun though!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by steve crane
Oh I agree totally Chris. Mike Dumas and I have both been hearing about it.
The shirt folks are in Carrollton. Dumas is in contact with them.
I am still hopeing for the shirts and that Mike and I did not get ripped off.
If thats the case, I will try to come up with an exceptable solution for those who should have received them on a one to one basis.

I just was just disappointed that "Q" , a RC race promoter, would chose to bash on a public forum.

Steve
There was no bashing that Im aware of. Just a question. As I remember, I first inquired privately by contacting you via PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Suspended

Guys, please do not talk about this further on this forum. Pm each other or call. This thread is about March Madness and the next race at Mikeshobbyshop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.