Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
Proposed new 1/8th scale 2WD Pan Car “Classic” class for 2010 Southwest Series >

Proposed new 1/8th scale 2WD Pan Car “Classic” class for 2010 Southwest Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposed new 1/8th scale 2WD Pan Car “Classic” class for 2010 Southwest Series

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmike
BUT, if you guys were to spend as much energy and time promoting the racing in Houston as much as yall beat each other down in this forum. it would prolly had help the racing turn outs.
that is so true Paul. YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD"""" thats all i read by some on these forums """ Have a Happy Thanksgiving Paul, Dale and a Merry X mas"
Merry Christmas to you guys too.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

We are open to suggestions?
Not being mean, but since you both mentioned it, any ideas?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaotickc
We are open to suggestions?
Not being mean, but since you both mentioned it, any ideas?
My idea was the eximports surface off 59, fully paid for by them and as it stands I have about 3 people that will actually come out a few times to try and show the hobby to some people with extra income with a great busy freeway location. The problem is that I believe these people are more drawn to the bigger/stronger GT cars, the owner of the store certainly was because of the real car style bodies which is again like generating a new class. It would take running monthly for 6+ months to get any type of interest, we could probably grow 10 guys or so in that time which is what has to happen. Asking the 5 that we have to switch to something specific with no source of newbies is pointless. 8th scale costing $100 less and less expensive engines doesn't put the entry price any cheaper, I don't think entry price is hurting us.

I know about the mega motors and the spec fuel and why so many failed which then made spec 8th the most expensive class to run.

How else do you want to get the hobby out Paul and Mike since you both know how to revive racing here but I seem to be missing it. Paul, you have the luxury of coming from offroad where turnouts have never really dropped under 20 for long so it may seem easy to just throw up a race date and 80 people will show because you've seen it. I've only been here for 7-8 years to watch the decline so I obviously don't know how to get it going otherwise I would have done it by now. I have seen many classes come and go while the majors stick around so I can't see people spending money on yet another car. Perhaps another engine but is it really the engine hurting you.

Losing the only onroad track in town, twice in the past 3-4 years and then once a few years before that really hurt the hobby but I think the most recent closure of Mike's has mostly recovered back to the 5-6 racers that reliably show up with a few new guys. Losing Isaacs and then having no track for a year and a half and opening all the way across the city hurt pretty bad too.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Old 11-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
My idea was the eximports surface off 59, fully paid for by them and as it stands I have about 3 people that will actually come out a few times to try and show the hobby to some people with extra income with a great busy freeway location. The problem is that I believe these people are more drawn to the bigger/stronger GT cars, the owner of the store certainly was because of the real car style bodies which is again like generating a new class. It would take running monthly for 6+ months to get any type of interest, we could probably grow 10 guys or so in that time which is what has to happen. Asking the 5 that we have to switch to something specific with no source of newbies is pointless. 8th scale costing $100 less and less expensive engines doesn't put the entry price any cheaper, I don't think entry price is hurting us.

I know about the mega motors and the spec fuel and why so many failed which then made spec 8th the most expensive class to run.

How else do you want to get the hobby out Paul and Mike since you both know how to revive racing here but I seem to be missing it. Paul, you have the luxury of coming from offroad where turnouts have never really dropped under 20 for long so it may seem easy to just throw up a race date and 80 people will show because you've seen it. I've only been here for 7-8 years to watch the decline so I obviously don't know how to get it going otherwise I would have done it by now. I have seen many classes come and go while the majors stick around so I can't see people spending money on yet another car. Perhaps another engine but is it really the engine hurting you.

Losing the only onroad track in town, twice in the past 3-4 years and then once a few years before that really hurt the hobby but I think the most recent closure of Mike's has mostly recovered back to the 5-6 racers that reliably show up with a few new guys. Losing Isaacs and then having no track for a year and a half and opening all the way across the city hurt pretty bad too.
Brian, I must have missed something, I don't recall saying that I KNEW how to get the on-road racing back to its past form but, I know that moaning and groaning about it on the internet is doing nothing about the attendence problem. I think we can all come together and try to do something, wether it be promoting the current track we have available, hanging flyers in hobby shops around town and maybe auto parts stores with a current schedule of races. That is just 2 places we can start.
I may have hit a sour note in this thread because it was not intended to be a war on attendence in on-road but to try and create a class that is less expensive to the beginners. To the starter of this thread, I apologize.