Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Knoxville area dirt oval

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Track work went on Saturday from 9:00-2:00. I pretty much couldn't lift my arms anymore after that. 24 tons of gravel was brought in and we had to put it into the 3' wide trench that Chuck cut out last weekend. Got all the trench filled except for turns 3 and 4. Chuck had to do a funeral for his wife's stepfather on Saturday so that left me alone till about 11:30 and Brett Dukes came over and helped out when he got off from work. Thanks Brett. Once the gravel gets put in and spread out, we have to compact it and get it level. We will then bring in the concrete slabs and place then in the front straight trench. Once that is done the block will need to be brought in and then we can install the block around it. After that the drain will be installed and then the clay. Building an oval the right way is tough but it brings great satisfaction when it is completed the way that we want it. Our goal is to give you guys a facility that you have never seen.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow!!!!! Sounds like yall are doing some amazing and time consuming work. I would love to help out, but my free time is taken up by taking care of my wife and little girl. Looking forward to racing with y'all some in the future for sure. I've gotten the two most expensive things paid for and sitting on my work bench for the Street stock class ( Factoy Team B4.2, transponder and tires/wheels). Gettin closer : )
Old 06-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have a b4.1 factory team i am willing to trade or sell. I will trade for a legend car.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

I hope this body is legal cause I just bought one. It was listed on McAllisters website under Street Stock bodies so I can only assume it's legal.
Attached Thumbnails Knoxville area dirt oval-screenshot_2014-06-20-12-34-02.jpg  
Old 06-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

That's fine.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Was wondering if you have any more pictures of the progress. Getting excited
Old 06-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry I don't. It has rained everyday at some point for the last 3 weeks out there. I will keep you guys updated as soon as we get to work on it again.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any updates?
Old 07-28-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default big race

i guess with the rain delaying track build you are not having your big race this weekend. was wondering how things are coming on the track
Old 07-28-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

The original race was scheduled for this past weekend. That particular race might be re-scheduled at a later date. With our full-time jobs taking precedence over the track build, we haven't gotten to work on it lately. We gotta make the money to build this place because all of this build is coming out of mine and Chuck's pocket. Chuck has made arrangements to get all of the equipment back in his possession so we can get the blocks and concrete slabs delivered and installed. Clay is just waiting on us to give them the ok to deliver it.We are hoping and praying that we get it done by the end of August. I wish it was sooner but when you want to do something right the first time it takes some time. Especially and oval.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmr22
The original race was scheduled for this past weekend. That particular race might be re-scheduled at a later date. With our full-time jobs taking precedence over the track build, we haven't gotten to work on it lately. We gotta make the money to build this place because all of this build is coming out of mine and Chuck's pocket. Chuck has made arrangements to get all of the equipment back in his possession so we can get the blocks and concrete slabs delivered and installed. Clay is just waiting on us to give them the ok to deliver it.We are hoping and praying that we get it done by the end of August. I wish it was sooner but when you want to do something right the first time it takes some time. Especially and oval.
I fully understand it takes a bunch of time and money to get a dirt track right, if you need any free labor Tim just let know.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Dirt track in Knoxville

ANY UPDATES FOR 2015 ???
Old 04-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Track is still going to be opened this year. Track base is in place along with several other things. The weather has been a big issue but it's getting closer. Updates are being posted along with class & rules package on Facebook. Smokey Mountain RC Raceway.