Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
TN-KY RC Race Calender and their location on Google map >

TN-KY RC Race Calender and their location on Google map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TN-KY RC Race Calender and their location on Google map

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

whatchu guys think?

Originally Posted by tksnobords
hey guys...what do you guys think of a multi-track points series. Extreme R/C Raceway (Spring Hill, TN), RBS RC Track (Clarksville, TN), and Thunder RC Raceway (Nashville, TN).

all these tracks are within an 1.25 hours of each other.

if you'd like to see this...repost this on your local tracks thread and maybe we can get something going if the track owners are interested.

could go something along these lines (obviously it would be up to the track owners to come up with the details)...

i figure if you don't do spec/stock classes there won't be as many issues with "can i run this motor?" or "are you running roar rules?" and so on and so on. mod classes make it much easier. run what you brung as long as its 2S and has vehicle appropriate body/wheel & tires.

classes? kids/sportsmans class (any 2wd 1/10 vehicle), 2wd buggy mod, 4wd buggy mod, 2wd sct mod, 4wd sct mod, others?
4 races total
1 race at each track (the two tracks not hosting a race will be closed to encourage the turn-out at the track hosting the race)
4th race at the track with the biggest turnout of the three previous races
points for finishes at each event
prizes and trophies for top three in each class
raffle prizes (maybe)

you could also run 7 races total. 2 races at each track and then a final race at the track with the single biggest turn-out at one of the previous 6 races.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys should talk with Dirla...when I 1st got into racing, Thunder was doing a series with other tracks called Nashrc Series or something like that....

http://ww.nashrcracer.com/
Old 02-18-2015, 08:32 AM
ER
Tech Addict

Default Calendar, map updated

Added extreme hobby track at Olympus gym. Updated calendar thru July. Only have RBS, wildflower, extreme hobby, and bullet town schedule. Major events also added. As far as multi-track series TK, Dirla was asked, but didnt have a positive response. Hard to get a series if only a few drivers from your track are willing to travel, even if that date is a "closed " weekend for that track ( guess they would rather not race). Not everyone has the $$ or time to travel far like you, you high roller time and weather permitting, I'd go where you can have the most fun with friends.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

hey ER...if this conversation is not really for this thread...feel free to send the conversation over to the http://www.rctech.net/forum/tennesse...st-tracks.html thread

Originally Posted by ER
As far as multi-track series TK, Dirla was asked, but didnt have a positive response. Hard to get a series if only a few drivers from your track are willing to travel, even if that date is a "closed " weekend for that track ( guess they would rather not race). Not everyone has the $$ or time to travel far like you, you high roller time and weather permitting, I'd go where you can have the most fun with friends.
i know the previous owners of the clarksville track (action speedway) didn't have a good relationship with the other tracks. (dont know why and dont care). the new owners of RBS are awesome. i hope they might be able to work something out. i figure a fair amount of drivers will travel since the tracks are so close. its hard to travel when its a few hours away. but at just over an hour it'll be easier.

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
You guys should talk with Dirla...when I 1st got into racing, Thunder was doing a series with other tracks called Nashrc Series or something like that....
i messaged all three track owners in hopes they'll get together and come up with something.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oh?...didn't know...
Old 02-18-2015, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As of right now Extreme R/C Raceway would not be interested in a points series. When we are able to have a permanent facility where our track is able to have practice days for everyone this may change. We are very happy to have been considered to be apart of a cool points series though
Old 02-23-2015, 03:01 PM
ER
Tech Addict

Got a "BIG EVENT" for racers in TN or KY? Pm me and I'll add it to the calendar. Got PNB and AMS dates in (these are AWESOME!!!!). Will add Futaba/OS challenge at Dirtburners when I get a date. There seems to be more "traveling racers" this year so get me your race/event dates. Here's what I'm looking still looking for:
Adventure RC
Sean's backyard
Radioactive RC
Thunder RC
Madisonville RC
REO raceway
....and any others that want their race dates put out there. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:46 PM
ER
Tech Addict

Calendar updated thru July. Got most of the BIG races in the area, just missing the Futaba/OS dates. If you got something I need to add on the Calendar, PM me. Happy Holidays and Good Racing to all.