Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Kentucky Radio Controlled Racing Club - KYRCRC >

Kentucky Radio Controlled Racing Club - KYRCRC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kentucky Radio Controlled Racing Club - KYRCRC

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Kentucky Radio Controlled Racing Club - KYRCRC

I wanted to start a thread on here for our club. We are located in central Kentucky. We are an official non-profit organization to promote RC car racing. Last year in late October we met with the Woodford Co park board about seeing of we could so property to build a permanent race facility. They agreed to give us a spot in the county park. Our website is www.kyrcrc.com
On the home page of our website is directions to the track.

Here are some pictures of the spot that they gave us

Here is the dirt pile that we can draw off of to get started

Old 07-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

We have marked out a section about 150' x 60'

Here is a little scketch I came up with to get us going.

Now the with the pipe laid out.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

We didn't have a lot of money in the club fund after paying for our non profit application thru the IRS and purchasing three rolls of 4" drainage tile. So we rented a sod cutter to help getting rid of the grass so we could get started running.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

Some pictures after the sod was removed

Old 07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Well we dug out all that sod a laid to pipe down to race and figured out real quick that the track was so big we needed to get a drivers stand up so you could see all the track. So Coyote Hobbies gave us there old stand from their track in Richmond. We assembled it welded it up and painted it. The stand is 28' long and when standing on the top your feet will be at about 7' off the ground.

We dug and poured some concrete footers to mount the stand to.

Here it is bolted up.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

This brings us up to our current status. We are waiting for the weather to clear up so we can build the deck on top and a set of stairs. i found a guy on craigslist to do some bobcat work to make our jumps. So I would say by the end of the month we should be in a position to hold our first race of the year.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Here are some more pictures after I got done mowing last week. We might even have a race or two before we install jumps, so we can place then just right.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

We mostly run Corr truck 17.5 or mod, 2wd mod buggy and ebuggy. No nitro racing as of yet, the parks dept. has asked us not to.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello I'm from glasgow ky interested in your track. I couldn't find address could you please post it thanks
Old 07-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry about that. I looked back our home page and the map was gone!! Got that fixed. We are located behind the Falling Springs Park and Rec Center on Beasley Road in Versailles, Ky. State Route 33 exit on BG parkway. Turn right on 33. First light, turn left, Follow road to next intersection. Drive straight across the intersection and across railroad tracks. You are now at the rec center/park. Drive all the way behind rec center, can't miss it.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maximuspowell
Sorry about that. I looked back our home page and the map was gone!! Got that fixed. We are located behind the Falling Springs Park and Rec Center on Beasley Road in Versailles, Ky. State Route 33 exit on BG parkway. Turn right on 33. First light, turn left, Follow road to next intersection. Drive straight across the intersection and across railroad tracks. You are now at the rec center/park. Drive all the way behind rec center, can't miss it.
thanks found it. i will be in for some ebuggy and 2wd modified
Old 07-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Congrats guys! Coming along...
Old 07-30-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Well we have been really busy the last week and finished the driver stand. Here are some pictures of it.

I would like to send out a big thank you to Phillip Stevens and Rob Wagner for all their time and hard work that they put in.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

As like a couple people asked, the track currently doesn't have a dirt jumps. But that is not going to stop us having a race the Thursday night. The track will be a work in progress as all the thinks that we have done, which means the members loan the club money and in return the club repays the members back with entry fee and membership dues.

The race this Thursday will be short course only. 17.5 and open Mod. I have put up the rules for 17.5 stock class on the front page of the web site. I hope to see some of you guys there!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

we had good turn out for such a short notice last Thursday night! We had new racers that had never raced before and also had a couple of interested fathers come up inquiring about how to get started. Here are some shot that a guy took from his drone during the race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.