Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friday night Lights Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default Friday night Lights Racing - HobbyTown JC - E. Tenn Only INDOOR TC/SCT TRACK

Wishing you could race this weekend? Come on down to HobbyTown in Johnson City we race every Friday night!

Bring out your TC car or your SCT truck and come have some fun. Best $10 you will ever spend. Great group of guys to race with.
Indoor carpet short track racing at it's best. We have been racing for some weeks now, but recently moved to the new location.

BIG THANKS to Hobbytown in Johnson City for giving us a killer place to spend Friday nights!

Alex, Steve and Bob put on a heck of a show that is awesome. Indoor, power bathrooms it's all there. Can't say enough. They are the people that make the RC world go around. Even have a onsite hobbyshop!

Rules:

Hobbytown uses the Robotronics Transponder system ( they can be purchased for $45 at Hobbytown )

Practice will be available daily during regular store hours for $5.00/day, Monday thru Friday. The space will be used for parties and gaming saturdays and Sunday.

As the new space is in a fire protected boundary with sprinkler systems, we will have new rules regarding LIPO batteries.
1. ALL LIPO batteries must be charged in LIPO protected sacks of suitable size for the battery being charged.
2. Racers must be experienced with the charging of LIPO batteries and the proper charge rates. If you are unfamiliar with your battery, charger or charge rate, see the race director
3. Any battery that exhibits questionable properties, like puffiness, high temps, damage, loose wires, arcing, etc. MAY NOT BE USED!!!
4. Any battery or ESC that has poorly soldered connectors, unprotected connectors, frayed wires, wires with silicon shielding split, etc must be corrected prior to use, no exceptions. We can assist you at hobbytown with this for a soldering fee and material costs.
5. LIPO charging will be conducted out in the outer hallway on the side of the building as this area can easily be ventilated in the event of an accident.

We may develop other rules to ensure safety of the racers and spectators alike.

Run what you have, we don't really care what motor, it's all for fun, not to spend a fortune on. You DO HAVE TO USE A 2s LIPO. No 3s 4s ETC battery's.

Have fun, that's why we are here. Rc racing at it's core. What REAL rc racing is about!

Examples:

TC guys pull 4.7 to 5.1 sec laps. In a 10 min main we run around 95-105 laps. ( awesome I know right! )

SCT guys run 5.0 to 5.5 sec laps and can turn 85-95 laps in a 10 min main.

We bump one B to the A main.

Hobbytown is going to start a points series with Trophy's in the next couple of weeks.

Once again a BIG THANKS to Hobbytown in Johnson City for thinking about the racers. Alex, Steve and Bob I can't say enough. Also big thanks to Andy, Derrick and Jeremy for all the help! These guys have really made a great place to come and race. My hat go off to them! I will say Steve has really made it happen, not many people can put up with all of us and still stay sane!Also this is the hard work of Hobbytown, and I want people to know that. They didn't have to do this but they did, and we as racers appreciate it more than anything!
Now for some Video and pics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSi5c...=youtube_gdata <---TC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE_8w...=youtube_gdata <---SCT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7OA...=youtube_gdata <---TC
Attached Thumbnails Friday night Lights Racing-img_0111.jpg   Friday night Lights Racing-img_20130227_201117_485.jpg   Friday night Lights Racing-img_20130227_201209_058.jpg  

Last edited by Metalsoft; 04-30-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Please keep us updated with any summer plans you may have.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

man ya dont run buggies? Id love to come run up there, but all i have is 2 buggies, a rustler and a Rally car.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by danimalstwiztid
man ya dont run buggies? Id love to come run up there, but all i have is 2 buggies, a rustler and a Rally car.
I have one also, bring it in, and we will see what happens.

Right now everyone only has a Touring Car or SCT truck.

I would think if two more showed up we could have a nice little class.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xpress
Please keep us updated with any summer plans you may have.
April - Mayish is what we are looking for.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Suspended

Had a great time last night.

New Layout is awesome. Went from a oval to a real RC track.

Big thanks again to Hobbytown and Andy, Derrick and Jeramey, for making it happen.

Went from 5 second laps to 10 sec laps with twice the track.

Pics coming soon.
Come on out to Hobbytown Johnson on Friday night and get your racing groove on!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Suspended

New track layout has been a blast!

Really tight and technical with some awesome racing. Videos to come.

Point series is winding down with 2 races left.

SCT point series is really close as well as the TC car series.

Trophy's and prizes in two weeks.

Also remember the outdoor track will be underway shortly. Going to be using the 1 arce lot beside the shop at 120' x 100'.

Going to be a blast this summer. Also remember that TC moves outside. Big motors, lots of power and insane speeds!
Attached Thumbnails Friday night Lights Racing-884311_10152686290040613_753609791_o.jpg  
Old 04-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Suspended

Problem solved.

Last edited by Metalsoft; 04-04-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
New track layout has been a blast!

Really tight and technical with some awesome racing. Videos to come.

Point series is winding down with 2 races left.

SCT point series is really close as well as the TC car series.

Trophy's and prizes in two weeks.

Also remember the outdoor track will be underway shortly. Going to be using the 1 arce lot beside the shop at 120' x 100'.

Going to be a blast this summer. Also remember that TC moves outside. Big motors, lots of power and insane speeds!
I'm looking forward to the outside tc racing. Can't wait....
Old 04-04-2013, 05:23 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xpress
I'm looking forward to the outside tc racing. Can't wait....
Outside is going to be awesome this year! The asphalt is nice, tacky and smooth.

I will give you a call and keep you updated.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Suspended

Racing tonight. Bring out your TC car, SCT truck or 4 WD buggy and have some fun. $10 to race. $2 for each additional class.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Suspended

Tonight is the end of the 6 week points series. It has been a blast! Can't wait to see everyone out tonight. Hobby town has already broke ground with the off road track and it looks like it has a beautiful red clay foundation. On road is coming as well alternating Sundays with Johnson city and Asheville. Really starting to grow nicely. Can't wait for the next series.

Hobby town racers are the best to race with. This summer is going to be a blast.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Suspended

We are currently running the next point series at Hobbytown in Johnson City.

This will be a 4 week series of SCT and TC racing.

Bring your rides out and enjoy some fast fun indoor racing.

Also summer is coming and everyone knows what that means!

It's time to go OUTSIDE!

We will be running on-road and off-road out side this year at Hobbytown. On-Road will be located in the rear parking lot of the building.

We are starting to break land on the Off-road track as well.

Lot size will be 150 x 160 feet in a L shape.

The lot has been graded and the driver stand moved. We will wait until later this weekend to let the soil we tilled up to dry. Then next week we will start shaping. And this track is large...wait, take that back.... it is HUGE. 150 x 160 feet in an"L" shape. My next post will have photos. We will not have erosion or drying problems like we had at the old track.

Big thanks to Hobbytown once again for providing us a place to race In the shine OR in the Rain. Got to love that!

Big thanks to Steve, Bob, Andy and Derrick for working hard to make all this happen.

Summer time is going to be awesome!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Suspended

Racing tomorrow night!

Bring out that TC car and see the competition. Bring out that SCT truck and see the competition.

A few will also have our 1/10th buggy's out there. Bring it out.

3 heats and a Main.

$10 bucks to have hours of fun!

The rain never stops us from RACING!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Suspended

Outdoor off road track is ready for practice this weekend!

Track completed Pictures. Surface is like a clay tennis court!!

HobbyTown Doing a AWESOME JOB!
Attached Thumbnails Friday night Lights Racing-941230_10151965774454782_1235023438_n.jpg   Friday night Lights Racing-182839_10151965778019782_794028215_n.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.