Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Next big ROCCK trip, any suggestions? >

Next big ROCCK trip, any suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next big ROCCK trip, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
I am up for the Hawk Pit too!!!!! Then we could all go out in downtown Nashville!!!!!!! Nashville is one of my favorite places to go and hang out. The track looks fun to me.....
THE HAWK PIT SOUNDS LIKE A CONVENIENT PLACE AND A GREAT CITY!

Can we all agree on this? Mike set the dates... Then we could investigate some hotels in the area. Lets make this one happen.

The tracks that are hosting the GSA races are sure to be great too. Nashville just sounds pretty cool!

Hatcher, I am glad you want to come.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Afun
OK, being the original poster, I would like to get this thread back on track "Menard".

Let make a travel date to a track somewhere fun and new. Maybe Mike old stomping ground in OHIO "The Factory", or Nashville, or the track the Psycho Nitro Group is going to.

The date can't be ROCCK Racing weekend. It has to be on an off week. So could someone set a date up and we could all go. MENARD, you could jump in my car. Hotels are cheap.

Maybe we could get some of the new guys like Bluegrassen (Sean) and others in on it too. I think it will be a blast.
i(Billy B) have a guys weekend pass to use up and woudlnt mind using it seeing what other tracks look like and getting to know more of the rocck guys. still strugling on the track so the experience would be helpfull. plus im always in for a night on the town and some brewhaha's.

Last edited by Cajvol94; 06-22-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Afun
THE HAWK PIT SOUNDS LIKE A CONVENIENT PLACE AND A GREAT CITY!

Can we all agree on this? Mike set the dates... Then we could investigate some hotels in the area. Lets make this one happen.

The tracks that are hosting the GSA races are sure to be great too. Nashville just sounds pretty cool!

Hatcher, I am glad you want to come.
If you are going to light up downtown Nashvegas, I suggest booking your hotel in Nashville. White House (Hawk Pit) is around 30 mins from downtown.

Last edited by Keith Lewis; 06-24-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Gonna throw this one in the mix, We have a Relay for Life trophy race sept 29th and 30th at the Boneyard. $20 entry, giveaways, trophies, good food etc. Proceeds going to a good cause and you get two days of racing for $20 bucks!? Something you cannot beat. We had 121 entries for our first annual June Jam, Gave over $1800 in prize money and over $2000 in products were handed out! Just throwing that one in the mix. We will have a large group from Saint Louis coming down plus all the other racers from a few hours away too.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Amrcr
Gonna throw this one in the mix, We have a Relay for Life trophy race sept 29th and 30th at the Boneyard. $20 entry, giveaways, trophies, good food etc. Proceeds going to a good cause and you get two days of racing for $20 bucks!? Something you cannot beat. We had 121 entries for our first annual June Jam, Gave over $1800 in prize money and over $2000 in products were handed out! Just throwing that one in the mix. We will have a large group from Saint Louis coming down plus all the other racers from a few hours away too.
It is actually on our radar and another race we are talking about. We roll like 20 to 25 deep now........Just Warning!!!!!!!

I say we work on a Hawk Pit and Boneyard weekend boys.....
Old 06-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

It is actually on our radar and another race we are talking about. We roll like 20 to 25 deep now........Just Warning!!!!!!!

I concur. IF we can spark enough interest AND the locals at one of the locations would run on sat and the other on sun. Sweet mother....
Old 06-23-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The hawk pit can give you whatever you want! What are the popular classes you guys run?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sounds like a good time, get your fellow rocck guys together on some dates and we can run them by our guys and figure something out with the hawk pit. A full weekend of racing, We may be able to put out enough advance to get some other racers involved and do a TKO club cash race or something.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

How about school on Saturday at the Boneyard, and then the Hawk Pit on Sunday to make the ride home feel a little better.....just saying

Lol jk
Old 06-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scwrod
The hawk pit can give you whatever you want! What are the popular classes you guys run?
These are numbers from our club race yesterday:

Run-What You-Brung = 6
1/10 2wd Buggy = 12
1/10 2wd SCT = 20
Pro 4 - 13
Truggy = 6
1/8 ebuggy = 11
1/8 Nitro Buggy = 26

That gives you an idea, the guys that travel the most are going to be 1/8 nitro buggy, and ebuggy. Those are our 2 popular besides all of the 2wd SCT.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Alan, I'm in.... Coming from Cleveland, TN my vote would be for Nashville. Easy and convenient fun after, with downtown Nashville being right there...
Old 06-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

OK!!!! Mike Ealey can you please set-up a date for the Hawk Pit in Nashville. I would say late July on a off Rocck Racing weekend. Start a new thread with just to confirm the date with the folks that want to come along. Once we have the date and confirmation from our Rocck Racer, I will follow with some hotel information. I will look for something convenient and well priced for all of us. It is going to be fun. Mike let me know.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

hey alan when did that camera guy at the rocck raceway say the track would be on 10news?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by willnascar48
hey alan when did that camera guy at the rocck raceway say the track would be on 10news?
We will get an email. In about 2 weeks.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

We have moved in a different direction. We have decided to do a trip to Dalton, GA. We need to support those folks, then in September we will go to the Hawk Pit, Boneyard etc...

Please quit this thread, and move on to the official Dalton trip thread.

All Rocck Racers Check In!! I mean everyone. We could stay at the Days Inn if needed that Saturday night. I know some may want to come home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.