R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Tennessee-Kentucky Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing-70/)
-   -   Race Chilhowee Knoxville!!! ROCCK Racing Club Owned & Operated Off-Road Track (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing/603855-race-chilhowee-knoxville-rocck-racing-club-owned-operated-off-road-track.html)

Limywidget 04-16-2012 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by gixxer420 (Post 10611327)
Now its up in the air if I get to come. Mom called and said her and dad were coming here for daughters bday and spending the weekend. WHY WHY WHY this weekend. Will know more towards the end of week :cry::cry::cry:

If you don't make it, you can share my trophy...

Limywidget 04-16-2012 03:32 PM

And as far as start time goes, I don't give flying left handed whirling donkey kick. All I know is this....It will beat driving multiple hours and spending a ton of gas money feeling like I ran every stop light and stop sign between here and there. :D

I don't start wars unless its over ice cream cake...

Ehatcher 04-16-2012 03:48 PM

Another wrench into the equation... what does it cost to spectate?

Won't have anything that falls into those classes at this time, but I would still like to come out and participate, even if i have to be a marshal or something.

mjealey 04-16-2012 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ehatcher (Post 10611518)

Won't have anything that falls into those classes at this time, but I would still like to come out and participate, even if i have to be a marshal or something.

No matter what you have come out anyway. We will try to find a class. I do not think ROCCK leadership would want anybody left out of the opportunity to race for the first time. That is what I was saying as the beginner classes. If people bring Stampedes, Revos, Savages, whatever.... let them run in a class. Really no rules, but lets the noobs the opportunity to race. Do not know if they will do that, but it is something to think about.....

It is free to watch and spectate. I am sure you will be more than welcomed if you want to turn marshall.....

Ehatcher 04-16-2012 03:57 PM

ill definitely be a noob. Long time basher, wanting to try my hand at racing. Never really had the the want of trying to get a car going quickly around a track, but i'm wanting to get deeper into the hobby... So it will definitely be a huge difference going from "bet that thing cant jump the F-150" to finesse racing lol. But i'm down for it! I don't expect to be fast, don't care if i finish first or last, just want to have a blast doing something fun!

mjealey 04-16-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ehatcher (Post 10611571)
ill definitely be a noob. Long time basher, wanting to try my hand at racing. Never really had the the want of trying to get a car going quickly around a track, but i'm wanting to get deeper into the hobby... So it will definitely be a huge difference going from "bet that thing cant jump the F-150" to finesse racing lol. But i'm down for it! I don't expect to be fast, don't care if i finish first or last, just want to have a blast doing something fun!

Same here.....I have ownedtoo many to count Savages, Tmaxx, and Revos for the past 10 years.... Got the itch to go race 1 year ago and been all downhill ever since!:lol: All of us have started out like that!!!!!!

Limywidget 04-16-2012 04:07 PM

Bring the mini 8 . You could prolly run it in the "Run what ya Brung" class. Plus I would like to see it.;)

Those things look awesome.

Ehatcher 04-16-2012 04:48 PM

still waiting for the lipos for the M8 to come in, otherwise ill be running on the archaic NIMH which doesnt really last... unless anyone has some mini size 1700MAH or smaller 2s's they want to loan out lol.

Afun 04-16-2012 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Limywidget (Post 10610468)
You could always give me more of that coffee. I could then move so fast smell wouldn't come into play....until the massive coronary.:D

I heard you finished the driver stand all by yourself after that shot of coffee. You have to take a shot right prior to the main. It will get senses and reflexes going.

Limywidget 04-16-2012 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Afun (Post 10611984)
I heard you finished the driver stand all by yourself after that shot of coffee. You have to take a shot right prior to the main. It will get senses and reflexes going.

Yup, I finished it and checked out. Looks pretty good. Then I took it back down for all the other non-cuban coffee drinkers to put it back together.

If I did take a hit of that stuff, I could drive, marshall, and pit myself and win. And the winning part says something about the coffee. :p

E1 Diablo 04-16-2012 05:41 PM

I can't wait to race the track after ""practicing"" on it Sunday. The track size felt great with my RC8.2, SC10 2WD, and B4.1. Mission accomplished with making a track that is fun for 1/8th and 1/10th scale. I can tell you that mastering the rhythm section is going to be a difference maker. I have no clue how to go through the section quickly.

helmsey 04-16-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo (Post 10612102)
I can tell you that mastering the rhythm section is going to be a difference maker. I have no clue how to go through the section quickly.

I love that section, it is definitely going to be a make or break section, and right before the loop for some crazy finishes :nod:
I did enjoy wheeling Mike's truggy through that section, just held it wide open and hopped through a couple times :tire::tire:

AbstractZen 04-16-2012 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Limywidget (Post 10611621)
Bring the mini 8 . You could prolly run it in the "Run what ya Brung" class. Plus I would like to see it.;)

Those things look awesome.

Me too. Those Mini 8ights look really cool. I definitely don't need any more RC's at the moment, but it can't hurt to window shop, right?

Ehatcher 04-16-2012 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by AbstractZen (Post 10612136)
Me too. Those Mini 8ights look really cool. I definitely don't need any more RC's at the moment, but it can't hurt to window shop, right?

This little car is definitely a blast! Its fun to bash around with, and it handles like it is on rails, especially on pavement. It would be nice to have more of these little things around town to actually make a class.

Hopefully I can make it out with it saturday and sway a few people into buying one.

luvtorun 04-16-2012 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ehatcher (Post 10611518)

E,
Everyone is welcome, and folks looking to marshall can make some $, just ask the spectators at the Battlefield GCS race. One guy had a waiting list. :lol:

:cool: