R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Tennessee-Kentucky Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing-70/)
-   -   Race Chilhowee Knoxville!!! ROCCK Racing Club Owned & Operated Off-Road Track (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing/603855-race-chilhowee-knoxville-rocck-racing-club-owned-operated-off-road-track.html)

swop77 03-21-2012 07:08 PM

awesome news.....

great job from the rock leadership... i guess now its up to us members to make this happen... im ready for some dirt :nod:

mjealey 03-21-2012 07:34 PM

Boogity...Boogity....Boogity....Lets go racing Knoxville style boys!!!!!! I have been to the facility many of times down there. There are bleachers, pa system, power, the whole nine yards...... It is a really nice facility and an unbelievable location!!!! Plenty of pit space, like enough for literally 1,000+ racers with camping. People can bring their families from the tri-cities, n. ga and go to the zoo while daddy races!!!! The track actually drains pretty well. I went down there a couple weekends ago after some rain. Besides one small spot in middle of track, it is good to go!!!! We will level it and it will be fine. Dirt is top-notch too so it will be a smooth fast surface I know it. Yes, the side road floods, and floods bad but the main road to get to it off Rutledge Pike is good to go and nothing to worry about, with an entrance off of that road. Not many clubs/tracks have opportunities like this in the whole country..................

E1 Diablo 03-21-2012 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by mjealey (Post 10499908)
Boogity...Boogity....Boogity....Lets go racing Knoxville style boys!!!!!! I have been to the facility many of times down there. There are bleachers, pa system, power, the whole nine yards...... It is a really nice facility and an unbelievable location!!!! Plenty of pit space, like enough for literally 1,000+ racers with camping. People can bring their families from the tri-cities, n. ga and go to the zoo while daddy races!!!! The track actually drains pretty well. I went down there a couple weekends ago after some rain. Besides one small spot in middle of track, it is good to go!!!! We will level it and it will be fine. Dirt is top-notch too so it will be a smooth fast surface I know it. Yes, the side road floods, and floods bad but the main road to get to it off Rutledge Pike is good to go and nothing to worry about, with an entrance off of that road. Not many clubs/tracks have opportunities like this in the whole country..................

Agreed! This has the potential to be a premier track. The location is great and super easy to find which should help pull folks into racing. There are lots of upsides to the location as mentioned above: good dirt / clay is already on site + bleachers + lights + PA + Zoo close by for the wife and kids. So what if the track has to be torn down a couple times a year. It'll be due for a new layout after several months anyway!

I can't wait for a home track. A place to hone your racing skills and dial in your setup for domination. The track is going to be awesome. I have no doubts. 31 days and counting!

BMenard17 03-21-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo (Post 10500038)
Agreed! This has the potential to be a premier track. The location is great and super easy to find which should help pull folks into racing. There are lots of upsides to the location as mentioned above: good dirt / clay is already on site + bleachers + lights + PA + Zoo close by for the wife and kids. So what if the track has to be torn down a couple times a year. It'll be due for a new layout after several months anyway!

I can't wait for a home track. A place to hone your racing skills and dial in your setup for domination. The track is going to be awesome. I have no doubts. 31 days and counting!

We have to wait 31 more days :cry::cry:

willnascar48 03-21-2012 10:28 PM

since the track has rv hookups me, my dad, and william ,billie,jacob might drive up on a friday night with the camper and and us 3 stay fri. and sat. for a great time and a little extra practice. Man im exited now only 30 days or 1 ENTIRE monthhhhhhhh still a little long of a wait but thats pretty fast to put a entire track and facility and i have to tilt my hat to everyone at rocck racing to doing an exclent job. :D:D:D and could someone give me some more details of the rv hook ups /like sewer elec. water/ and also will ther be an additional fee for camping out

JS-toe 03-22-2012 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by JS-toe (Post 10394021)
We have some exciting news about a ROCCK Racing club owned and operated track coming to Chilhowee Park in Knoxville. Please read this special message from our club president;

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...4&e=8922918742

This is a great opportunity for us as a club to keep RC around for a long time. The track we are proposing is only a temporary track. We have high hopes for a permanent track on the Chilhowee Site.

None of this will happen without your help. We will need your help building the track, maintaining the track, running practices, running races and most importantly you will need to pay your dues.

Dues are $40.

The Chilhowee site is a secure site that will be locked to protect our investment. We will have a race and practice schedule;

Race every other Saturday starting 4-21-12
Practice every Wednesday
Practice every Sunday
Practice every "off" Saturday

Times TBA but the sessions will be about 6 hrs long each.

We (your ROCCK leadership) are trying to do our best to make this successful, I'm sure we will hit some bumps along the way but, in the long run, with your help, we will be successful.

We have so much to discuss. Please come to the Club meeting at Sir Goony's Speedway March 29th at 7pm. The track will be open for free practice. At this meeting we will announce if we have enough club support to pull this off.

Be prepared to pay your club dues at the club meeting if you haven’t done it already.

Any questions here are our Officers;

Leslie Denton; President (Rocket RC)
Heywood Barton; Vice President (HHBarton)
Todd Helms; Sect/treas (HELMSEY)
John Stoehr; Sect/treas (JS-toe)

You can reach anyone of us on RC Tech (screen names above)

If you have any immediate questions, please feel free to call me 865-297-2312

John

Sticky top line changed... Please read.

BMenard17 03-22-2012 04:07 AM

So is it official like a referee with a whistle?

Rockit RC 03-22-2012 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by BMenard17 (Post 10500978)
So is it official like a referee with a whistle?

No whistle! Christian hit the nail on the head (see below)! ROCCK leadership has done all we can do, now it is up to the RC Community to see if they can support it.

We have had an overwhelming response, but there is still a long ways to go in a short amount of time.

Originally Posted by swop77 (Post 10499779)
I guess now its up to us members to make this happen...

If you prefer to use cash or check, I will be at Goony's Saturday from about 10am to 1pm for registration and answer questions.

Please, Please, Please, if you can, register before the meeting on Mar 29th. Or at least let us know via PM or email that you are planning to register then. So we can get an idea of numbers.

Afun 03-22-2012 12:34 PM

Have we thought about sponsorship from the hobby shops. This will increase business for them. Remember, we are not buiding the track first and then trying to build interest for it. We are trying to gain interest first, then building the track.

I hope that makes sense. I also think some of our members are very happy driving Shortcourse trucks and buggies on concrete. I discovered Goonies this year, and I love it. I do not think Goonies will satisfy the desire to run on dirt. Those of us that travel and had some experience at Karns understand.

The $40 dollar membership fee is extremely reasonable. I am in a position that I could give plenty more than that. I understand not everyone is in the same position.

I got my first speeding ticket coming back from Dalton the other night. I do not want anymore speeding tickets. I love Dalton, but we have a chance to create a place of our own. THESE ARE MY 2 CENTS!!

COME ON GUYS, WE COULD DO THIS!!!

BMenard17 03-22-2012 01:13 PM

I was there for your ticket and I warned you plenty of times :lol:

I want to thank all those who put extra funds/materials/equipment/time into our track, it really does mean a lot to me and others. I really hope we reach our goal and start the build process soon.

Rockit RC 03-22-2012 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Afun (Post 10502635)
Have we thought about sponsorship from the hobby shops. This will increase business for them.

We are working on this exact thing! No kidding it will generate revenue!

Thanks Alan.

Thanks for your support!

Rockit!

jay13111 03-22-2012 02:37 PM

I agree with alan.i also got speeding ticket on the way home.lol . Id rather pay the rocck not benton county police dept!!!!

AbstractZen 03-22-2012 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by jay13111 (Post 10503028)
I agree with alan.i also got speeding ticket on the way home.lol . Id rather pay the rocck not benton county police dept!!!!

^This.

I got a ticket from those jackwagons on my second trip down there. Apparently, they are really bad about nailing out of towners. Bring on The ROCCK!

willnascar48 03-22-2012 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Afun (Post 10502635)
Have we thought about sponsorship from the hobby shops. This will increase business for them. Remember, we are not buiding the track first and then trying to build interest for it. We are trying to gain interest first, then building the track.

I hope that makes sense. I also think some of our members are very happy driving Shortcourse trucks and buggies on concrete. I discovered Goonies this year, and I love it. I do not think Goonies will satisfy the desire to run on dirt. Those of us that travel and had some experience at Karns understand.

The $40 dollar membership fee is extremely reasonable. I am in a position that I could give plenty more than that. I understand not everyone is in the same position.

I got my first speeding ticket coming back from Dalton the other night. I do not want anymore speeding tickets. I love Dalton, but we have a chance to create a place of our own. THESE ARE MY 2 CENTS!!

+1 great read alan. :)

Cajvol94 03-22-2012 03:45 PM

rocck membership

Originally Posted by JS-toe (Post 10500887)
Sticky top line changed... Please read.

if we are getting the Rocck news letter via email are we considered signed up?