R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Tennessee-Kentucky Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing-70/)
-   -   New offroad track in Nashville. The Hawk Pit!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing/547012-new-offroad-track-nashville-hawk-pit.html)

scottike 10-07-2011 06:30 PM

track update

More Dirt rolling in guys....The Clay is going to make this a great surface to run on....This weekend we will be doing some bobcat work and pit road building...If anyone wishes to help come on out......
10/8/11

We are hoping to have a race in Nov....Its time to start deciding what brand of
Truggy or Buggy you are going to run..Remember that this track is going to be designed for these types of RC's..although we will have other classes as well. I would hope to see a large Electric Truggy Class...Nito, Nitro, Nitro........stay tuned.........Hawk:batman:

scottike 10-09-2011 05:32 PM

weekend work

Pit lane work and some more photos......;)

Special Thanks to David, Ronnie, Robbie and team Hawk!

Chadhpgrafix 10-09-2011 05:52 PM

Looks good! Will have to make a trip up and check it out! Keep up good work guys

Keith Lewis 10-23-2011 07:40 PM

What happened to the old White House drivers stand and pit lane? I didn't realize it was torn down and you had to build all new.

It was a covered drivers stand if I remember correctly.

losi68 10-24-2011 12:02 AM

ANY IDEA ON A RACE DATE YET GUYS:sneaky:

scwrod 10-31-2011 07:23 AM

Hello....... Is this thing on??

scottike 11-02-2011 12:40 PM

WORKING HARD

Ok guys here is the skinny....Last week team hawk went to La and ran the southern nationals.....This week we are working full speed on completing the track build. We will have a bobcat spreading new dirt, and a crew building the driver stand...we have completed pit row and it looks great...We are doing this right guys and I hope to have a race soon...If I could get some feed back and commitments to race this month we could schedule a race in the next 2 or 3 weeks....Things that could help,,,,additional help with building (wood work, etc...), help with the AMPRO Lap system...I know we are going need some help getting this up and going. So come on out to the track this weekend,,,11/5/2011 and lets get serious..We all are racers we all know each other and we all have the same goal,,,RACE and have FUN:batman:.

scottike 11-02-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by coachlewis (Post 9820197)
What happened to the old White House drivers stand and pit lane? I didn't realize it was torn down and you had to build all new.

It was a covered drivers stand if I remember correctly.

Driver stand was completely torned down...No matter what though I would have built a new one anyway....This time it's back up against the woods facing the old hobby shop...this is allowing us to build one of the largest if not the largest and fastest race track east of the Mississippi River....Team Hawk for the HAWK PIT:nod:. New stand will have covered roof and control station....

scottike 11-07-2011 07:57 AM

Work Done on Track....

Last Sat and Sunday alot of work was done on the track. Along with some testing of the track....

I want to Thank Robbie Seaheafer for the Track layout and bobcat work...The track is more than I had hoped for and I know the racing is going to be great....Also thanks to David Burgess,,,his hard work on the stand and track is so much appreciated.

The few people who are working on the track are working as hard and smart as they can. We are building a track that will attract pros and beginners. As far as being able to race this year I just don't have an answer yet.. It is possible a race could be set this year )(IF WE CAN GET HELP BUILDING) and if it happens I will post it....

THE HAWK PIT WILL BE POSTING RACES FOR NEXT YEAR ON RCSIGN UP... CHECK IT OUT....WE ARE WORKING ON DATES NOW....I AM ALSO SETTING THE DATES FOR A SPRING SEASON LOCAL SERIES...THIS WILL BE POSTED ON RCTECH.

MORE PICTURES ARE COMING......TEAM HAWK....:)

K.Kincaid 11-08-2011 12:18 PM

Will you be running any 1/5th scale racing at this track?

scottike 11-08-2011 01:06 PM

1/5 scale

This is an interesting question. At present we do not plan on running 1/5 scale trucks...however our track could support this size truck...I would have to have a commitment from several drivers to do this....Losi has a great looking truck..

K.Kincaid 11-09-2011 05:51 AM

I would recomend two classe for 1/5 scale. 1.) 2wd buggy/truck 2.) 4wd Truck There are alot of people with the Baja's in the area looking for a place to race and once the regulars see them and drive one they will be hooked. 1/5th scale offroad is the next "big thing"...no pun intended..:D

cmace23 11-10-2011 03:38 PM

I've never been a Big racer but I have recently got the bug for racing I have a 1/5th scale and so do three of my buddies and it would be AMAZING to have a good place to run it. Also is there any plans for a short course class?

scottike 11-11-2011 08:33 AM

1/5 scale trucks

The hawk pit is a new race track and we are ready to fit the need of our racers. So, I will offer a race to the 1/5 scale trucks. Go to http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2380 and signup for the "EASTERN U.S.A. CHAMPIONSHIP" to be run april 2012. If for some reason we don't have enough racers we may just make this an exhibition class.
I will announce when you guys may practice in the coming weeks.

Team Hawk.

scottike 11-11-2011 03:19 PM

Eastern U.S.A. Championship Race

http://www.rctech.net/forum/tennesse...ship-race.html