Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: >

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

If we could get these things put in the big brown truck I bet DJ wouldnt have a problem racing the truck!! Plus I get we would all get our stuff faster!! LOL

EA
Old 05-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Curtis-I recently bought a 8x1from you for my V2. Asked for it to be for touring. Is it OK to use it in a Ti can instead? I think somethings fishy with my V2 can.

Ray
Old 05-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rayhuang
Curtis-I recently bought a 8x1from you for my V2. Asked for it to be for touring. Is it OK to use it in a Ti can instead? I think somethings fishy with my V2 can.

Ray
Sure thing Ray, both arms are interchangeable with one another...

Curtis,
Old 05-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: ULTRA-LIGHT 19X1, FASTER THAN FAST

Originally posted by Curtis Schlaht

Just look at the winding on that arm !!!!! a work of ART in its self
Old 05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Angry Paypal

We’ve been experiencing an intermittent problem regarding our e-shop and it’s integration with Paypal. Seem as though some times Paypal will give an error message of “Your Not Logged In” (or something to that extent) after you’ve completed the Paypal payment information and hit the Submit button… Like I said it’s an intermittent problem, some of our customers have ordered multiple times without conflict. If you’re one of those who have experienced this problem please contact me direct at [email protected] and I can give you further instructions on how to proceed…

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Curtis,
Old 05-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi Curtis,

I've had everal other sites do this to me as well with Paypal...it's a security feature.

There is a time limit from when you sign in with your password to when you complete the transaction, just to make sure that it is still you at the computer and that youhaven't walked away leaving your accoutn open for others.

I suggest pre-typing the comments in Notepad or a word processor and then cutting and pasting them into the window...that's what normally takes the time and this solution should help it go smoother
Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Windsorguy99: Appreciate the advice...
Old 05-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Curtis, will these new UL arms fit in the new checkpoint motors? What a deadly combo if they do...
Old 05-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Johnny: The UL armatures will fit in any of the electric motors on the market today that uses the standard size comm (.295"), including the new Check Point motor.... My standard recommendation is to start with the 8x1 UL arm, as this will suite any application (carpet or asphalt), and go from there.... If your looking for something Stupid Fast try one of our 7x1 UL Armatures .

Curtis,
Old 05-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Man-your gonna end up costing me a lot of my hard earned money. Darn you.

I have another question-do the cans have a lifecycyle to them? Seeing as you cannot zapp the magnets. I have gotten some of mine stupid hot-I wonder if you do that a few times, is it time to buy a new can? I have one Ti can that seems to be a bit better than my other two as well. Weird.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Cans will always loose magnetizm everytime you use them. Heat definately hurts them. Also if you are running too high of a frequency on your speedo, but most people are down around 4KHz anyways which is fine.

They definately have a lifecycle, but everyone seems to be different on how abused they get.

Jeff
Old 05-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Jeff. Next order from Curtis I'll buy a complete motor. All my cans are old.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally posted by Curtis Schlaht
RBLove, got your care package sent out today , Enjoy...
Awesome. Can't wait!! Thanks again dude...
Old 05-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rayhuang
Man-your gonna end up costing me a lot of my hard earned money. Darn you.
Nothin wrong with that

I have another question-do the cans have a lifecycyle to them? Seeing as you cannot zapp the magnets. I have gotten some of mine stupid hot-I wonder if you do that a few times, is it time to buy a new can? I have one Ti can that seems to be a bit better than my other two as well. Weird.
:

Magnet Life....

The current generation of Fb9 magnets (which are used in all quality motors, mod or stock) has a small amount of neodymium magnet dust mixed in with the ceramic ferrite magnet before molding occures. The magnets are then magnetized at the factory by a method called “Sintered”. This is done while the magnet is still present in the mold; to give the magnet is magnetic orientation…. The presents of neodymium in our magnets help to diminish the amount of demagnetization caused during normal motor operation…

Actual magnet life will vary from user to user. Overheating the magnets is the most detrimental, as most high-grade neodymium magnet material is only rated to a temp of 300 degrees Fahrenheit…. If you motor ever reached anything close to this temperature you magnets are TOAST...

It is possible to re-magnetize the ceramic ferrite portion of the magnet, but the actual neodymium particles cannot be brought back to life with the current zappers sold on the market today…As long as you keep you’re motor temp below 225 degrees your magnets will last quite awhile. But like I said, get’em hot just once and there never the same after that…

Curtis,
Old 05-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Wonder if my motors have lost anything with back to back to back to back to back to back 215+ deg runs. Some as high as 250 deg.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.