Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: >

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Hand tuned Monster Stocks are back in-stock.... These turned out REALLY good
Old 07-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Just got off the phone with Brian Jucha, looks like most of the DC boys made their way up to trackside for the Summer Sizziler race this weekend… Should be interesting to see how many DC Mods are in the show
Old 07-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

At least two Can't wait to strap in the new stuff tomorrow, Curtis
Old 07-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I was at the practice today at trackside.

jucha and the other guys running DC Mods are flying!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
Just got off the phone with Brian Jucha, looks like most of the DC boys made their way up to trackside for the Summer Sizziler race this weekend… Should be interesting to see how many DC Mods are in the show
good luck to the dc boys at the race

hi what up curtis how are i get with u on a package nxt week
any dc guys going to the indoor race in maryland august 20
Old 07-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

McGreevy: Good luck tomorrow.... BTW Jucha has your package.

Nexus: Thanks for the update, Good luck tomorrow as well!!!

tc3 racer: Give me a call at the shop tomorrow, I'll be here all day... Not sure who's attending the Maryland race...
Old 07-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

DC MOTORS got me into the show today at the Hitec Race Qualified 7th out of 30 drivers in expert 19t. Had a liltle mishap into the wall so I finished 10th
Old 07-31-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'm sure the team guys will post on here but since I'm up early I'll give an update.

DC Motorsports had an awesome showing at the Summer Sizzler at Trackside. Brian Jucha had "maaaaaaad rip (scotty ernst quote LOL) in Modified TC and ran away from everyone!

If I remember right Eli Ezrow won 19T TC.

Brian M, Kevin K and all the other DC powered drivers had strong showings in their respective classes. The full results will be available soon but I know I saw a lot of DC Motorsports stickers on the cars in the A Mains. Almost every main was intense and had awesome battles.

awesome motors....now i need to get some 27T stocks from you I bought an over the counter Trinity Monster that was a dog but managed to take 2nd in Stock Rubber.

Are you only doing monsters or will you also have ROAR stocks? Just wondering.

Last edited by Nexus; 07-31-2005 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

YES! JUCHA had ALOt of rip he was fast fast
Old 07-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nexus
I'm sure the team guys will post on here but since I'm up early I'll give an update.

DC Motorsports had an awesome showing at the Summer Sizzler at Trackside. Brian Jucha had "maaaaaaad rip (scotty ernst quote LOL) in Modified TC and ran away from everyone!

If I remember right Eli Ezrow won 19T TC.

Brian M, Kevin K and all the other DC powered drivers had strong showings in their respective classes. The full results will be available soon but I know I saw a lot of DC Motorsports stickers on the cars in the A Mains. Almost every main was intense and had awesome battles.

awesome motors....now i need to get some 27T stocks from you I bought an over the counter Trinity Monster that was a dog but managed to take 2nd in Stock Rubber.

Are you only doing monsters or will you also have ROAR stocks? Just wondering.
way to go team dc way to represent remeber fast is better
Old 07-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hey Curtis... i just got one of your motors last week, and was wondering which arm it might have in it... i cant find the package now, but it is a 7x1 Cobalt based. or do i need to find the part #? it has rounded XXX brushes in it.... thanks!

Wes
Old 07-31-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hehe!

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Hey Curtis......what kind of "engines" are you selling?
Sorry I got used to selling nitro stuff
Old 07-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Holly Crap

Hi to curtis n all,

I'm new to dc motors (just got 1 couple of weeks ago), as the matter of fact, i'm new to a v2 motor (been using a ti based kisbey motor). all i can say is Holly Crap the torque based DC motor pull some serious wheel spins and that's on a belt driven car.

I've been reading this forum and was wondering, how do u tell apart a torque based v2 and a rpm based v2 as well as how much of a different does the ul armature compare to the torque based (or standard) armature in term of

1) spool characteristic (feel of the spool)
2) power band
3) heat generation
4) efficiency
5) runtime

Another thing that keep ringing in my head is wat different does marc's edition spring make to the motor over the standard ones.

P.S for once i'm glad that i can chat to a motor guru..............
Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Glad to hear you're happy with the motor…. Here’s some brief answers to the questions you presented….

UL Arms

Spool-Up/Power-band: Most people comment on how much more mid-range & top-end power the UL’s produce over regular arms…

Heat:
On average, about a 15 degree rise in temperature can be expected. This can be offset by adding a fan to blow air across the endbell & can….

Efficiency / Runtime:
On average about 15-20 seconds of runtime will be lost when going form a regular arm to a UL arm…

The MR springs will increase the overall power of the motor over the “Standard” springs…..

Curtis,

Originally Posted by muahaha
Hi to curtis n all,

I'm new to dc motors (just got 1 couple of weeks ago), as the matter of fact, i'm new to a v2 motor (been using a ti based kisbey motor). all i can say is Holly Crap the torque based DC motor pull some serious wheel spins and that's on a belt driven car.

I've been reading this forum and was wondering, how do u tell apart a torque based v2 and a rpm based v2 as well as how much of a different does the ul armature compare to the torque based (or standard) armature in term of

1) spool characteristic (feel of the spool)
2) power band
3) heat generation
4) efficiency
5) runtime

Another thing that keep ringing in my head is wat different does marc's edition spring make to the motor over the standard ones.

P.S for once i'm glad that i can chat to a motor guru..............
Old 08-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Curtis--I want to thank you for letting Steve come race with us this past weekend in Memphis! That man is a great driver and a helluva sportsman. I look forward to racing with him again. BTW--next time bring yourself up here and race with us. It was a blast! Later and thanks again

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.