Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: >

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally posted by CIVIC91
Curtis: I got an Outlaw 19t arm with the standard small com. I have a couple questions...first, I have a Ti can or a D5 can...any +s to either. Also I can run P94 style brushes or standard standup..which would be better? This is for touring (JRX-S) on a medium/large track. Also any ideas on timing?
Wick it up We always run a ton of timing on the D5/P-94 based motors. Run big gears too.

Jeffro Brizown, Good luck at Reedy bro. Show some DC horse power.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Old 05-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just read on the web page, no more V2's, bummer. Can you still do the V2 armatures?
Old 05-24-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
Just read on the web page, no more V2's, bummer. Can you still do the V2 armatures?
Curtis is out right now, but YES he can still do armatures for the V2 cans..
Old 05-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The armatures that Curtis makes can fit in various type of cans. So, the arms can fit into V2, Ti, XXX and many more. The full list is on the website I believe, maybe under the UL arms section at the bottom of the info screen.

BTW - You wanna get DC Horsepower Josh? Good Stuff! I just my UL arms and I'm very impressed with them, and I only ran the std arms at the Vics.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CIVIC91
Curtis: I got an Outlaw 19t arm with the standard small com. I have a couple questions...first, I have a Ti can or a D5 can...any +s to either. Also I can run P94 style brushes or standard standup..which would be better? This is for touring (JRX-S) on a medium/large track. Also any ideas on timing?
Civic: Like Mr. McGreevy mentioned, the D series cans with the P-94 brushes will make the most power, hands down. Follow his advice and you should be good to go…. Another thing you might want to try is putting that arm in a C2 can. Eric Anderson said that that’s the fastest setup he’s found so far.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys, sorry I haven’t had time to post here in a few days. We were swamped with orders that needed to be sent out by Thursday before we left for Florida.
Jeff Brown and I have been doing some motor and chassis tuning at Speed Line hobbies in Tampa for the past 3 days. We are very impressed with the performance of the XXX motors as well as the awesome XXX brushes lasting for 50 runs (WOW).
If I have time I’d like to keep you guys updated about what’s going on at the Reedy Race of Champions, stay tuned for more info….
Old 05-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Curtis, Bring some trophy back !!
Old 05-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
lasting for 50 runs (WOW).
Old 05-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
The armatures that Curtis makes can fit in various type of cans. So, the arms can fit into V2, Ti, XXX and many more. The full list is on the website I believe, maybe under the UL arms section at the bottom of the info screen.

BTW - You wanna get DC Horsepower Josh? Good Stuff! I just my UL arms and I'm very impressed with them, and I only ran the std arms at the Vics.
Not sure about the UL arms, Anothony ran one at the Tamworth Cup and didn't have alot of power, but I think that came down down to the fact that he had to time and gear down so he could make runtime, might be different with the GP3700's, but not convinced yet.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
Not sure about the UL arms, Anothony ran one at the Tamworth Cup and didn't have alot of power, but I think that came down down to the fact that he had to time and gear down so he could make runtime, might be different with the GP3700's, but not convinced yet.
Quite possibly. They are just SOOO powerful. I couldn't believe the revs that I was getting from them, very impressed. I have yet to use them out in the field but i think that they will be superb, especially as I've been having trouble dumping, as well as having good power anyway.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

yeah runtime was the big issue with running foams (always is), despite running quite new 3300's.

for the first qual run the thing was ballistic, but felt the edge drop off with 1 min left and then dumped hard with about 20-30 secconds left... that was painful

for the rest of the qual runs i stuck with the edge sprints but just kept missing run time (was dropping timing back a bit more each run).

for the finals i tried a few more drastic things (dropping back to edge enduros, etc) but ended up having to compromise a bit too much (which saw me down on power - especially in a-1 ).

in hindsight i should have gone back to the std 5mm arm straight away.. but was determined to learn about the new arms.

im sure they'd definatly be the go with bigger cells and probably even on rubbers with current legal cells where runtime doesnt cop such a big hit as when running foams (they're just so wrong for tc's).

i'll run them some more at club level where we've been running on rubber and see how they go on the same cells.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Okay... what winding were you using and at what timing?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

8x1 UL. over the weekend ran anything from 18° down to 8° also played around alot with gearing.

from memory best setup was something like 10° timing, edge sprints, rheinHARD .35mm springs, geared at ~22 - 22.5mm/rev (i think it was).

hadn't used the UL arms at all before tamworth so it was all learning..
i ran DC 5mm arms a month ago at the same track for the nsw titles and didnt have speed issues while being able to just make time.

so like i said i probably wouldve been better off with the more efficient 5mm arms while on foams with 3300's.... but 3700's im sure the ul arms would be the hot ticket
Old 05-25-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Yeh, sure. That's what I've been thinking as well. I'm going to try them out with similiar settings that I used for the Vics at the next TFTR club meet. Will be interesting to see how they go, but the 8x1 UL revs harder then my 5mm 7x1. I'm looking very much to getting my hands on the GP3700s very soon.

Coming to Winterchamps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.