Wiki Posts
Search

Hyperform Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greg Amendola
Hey Lino,

The batteries and motor showed up Saturday, but I was able to put them into good use Sunday in the last qualifier and Main.

I TQ'd Stock Truck and won the two first A-mains to take home the win. My stock truck, had it been run "as is" in the mod class, would have qualified 6th overall it was that fast. My fastest lap time on 3300s was 20.1, I ran 19.9 three times with the new 3800s.

Thanks for helping me out, I know alot of people were interested in what I was running as I fielded a few questions about my setup/equipment,etc.

Thanks again for inviting me to join your team.

Regards,
Greg Amendola

PS> Now it's time to prepare for the Novak Touring Car Champs in January.
Great job Greg! Glad the fresh cells worked out for you. I know there were some heavy hitters at that race so good to hear you held your own. Email me more details about the race and your finishes along with a podium photo (if available) so I can post them on our website.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Thanks for the response. So how does the shock towers differ from stock. Could you post a shot of them? Sorry for the ?s, just trying to get my front end to sit lower without having to shave the shock caps and tower.
The shock mounting holes are lower but don't change the shock angle/geometry from the stock tower. I'll try and get a pic posted asap, I've been having problems with my camera. You won't have to shave the tower but you probably will still need to shave the caps on the shocks...
Old 10-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Brad Johnson

Hyperform Racing is pleased to announce the addition of Brad Johnson to our racing team. He will be running our stock and 19 turn motors.

Brad has many top finishes at the national level and is considered one of the best stock/19t sedan racers in the country. Welcome to the team and we look forward to seeing you lay it down in Cleveland!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Lino, here is the link to the race results. There are a few pics, but they are a bit fuzzy. There may be some others posted shortly, I'll let you know...

http://www.twincityhobby.com/Massacr...10-23-2005.htm
Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Good deal Greg... I forgot to mention I sent you a roar stock instead of a monster. I remember you saying you wanted it for 12th and this last batch of roar stocks really lend themselves to be great 12th motors. You should be happy with it...
Old 10-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, we had our Region 9 regional race this last weekend. I was in incontentions for 3rd place but I made a drving error that caused my batteries to slide to the front and that through the car completely out of sync.I ended up getting 5th. Sunday I had numerous of problems, Servo case broke on me, batteries sliding forward aagain, and a cold front came in and the tracion got worse. I ended up in the same position as saturday, 5th place again. A fellow racer that mentioned he had been talking to you by the name of Tim Cop from the Dallas area took both the stock and mod 12th scale races. However the information you gave me came in handy and when the batteries did not slide forward it handled great.
Lino, any chance that I can have a chassis specifically made for my 12th scale using the same setup as the hyperform, but make the battery slots only as long as the batteries, and what will the cost be for it?

Last edited by CarlosG.; 10-25-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Hey Carlos, I sent those stickers to you recently via snail mail. You probably haven't received them yet but they are on the way.

As far as custom chassis, I get that question a lot and no we don't. I design our chassis and then sub contract the cutting to a local machinist. I guess we could but the cost for a one off would be really high. I'm guessing material and labor would be in the neighborhood of 500-750. I doubt my machinist would be interested in doing it anyway. The money isn't really in the prototype end of it but instead when you start banging them out in large quantities.

Last edited by Hyperform Racing; 10-25-2005 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Lino, here is the link to the race results. There are a few pics, but they are a bit fuzzy. There may be some others posted shortly, I'll let you know...

http://www.twincityhobby.com/Massacr...10-23-2005.htm
Greg, I checked out the results, very impressive. You spanked them man... Am I correct that those stock truck runs would have landed you in the upper half of the mod truck finals?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

That is cool, I was just wondering about that.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
That is cool, I was just wondering about that.
What's the matter, the Hyperform 12 not good enough for you anymore?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Oh, it is!!!
I just would like for my batteries to just not move on me from one little tap on the wall. Hell I had the Sphere/Neo in it and it took flight and slamed into the wall. I was amazed that nothing broke at all.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Oh, it is!!!
I just would like for my batteries to just not move on me from one little tap on the wall. Hell I had the Sphere/Neo in it and it took flight and slamed into the wall. I was amazed that nothing broke at all.
If you're not scared to drill a few holes in the chassis, you can mod it very easily to accept the IRS battery stops that are intended for the Rug Rat. Future versions will have this mod already done. I slam stuff pretty hard, they don't move on me that easily. I run the cells pretty far forward to begin with though...
Old 10-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Yeah, my stock truck is way fast, your motor has been outstanding and like I said, I put in the new 3800s, and pulled consistant lap times at -.2 seconds faster per lap instantly.

If I had simply just ran stock in the mod qualifiers, I would have made the A, and if I made the A, based on the results, I would have likely beat some factory sponsored guys running mod. Not bad for an on-road guy
Old 10-26-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, my stock truck is way fast, your motor has been outstanding and like I said, I put in the new 3800s, and pulled consistant lap times at -.2 seconds faster per lap instantly.

If I had simply just ran stock in the mod qualifiers, I would have made the A, and if I made the A, based on the results, I would have likely beat some factory sponsored guys running mod. Not bad for an on-road guy
Now I have high expectations for the novak race...
Old 10-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive been doing some thinking, and i might do this race.. seeing it is 30 min from my house.. if your going Lino, ill def be there to meet you.. We will see about the racing.. Ill have to find a rent a ride sedan.. Its been a few years.. and ill have to come up with some 6 cell packs..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.