Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree100Likes

PROTOform Race Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have a product suggestion, PF needs to make a lexan driver for VTA class.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default PROLITE TYPE-S

tried the type-s body for 17.5 blinky class on crc black carpet and i must say im very impressed. my car was very stable with plenty of steering. car was super easy to drive and very fast on the corners. this will be my new go to body for stock racing. gona try it for mod next week.
Antimullet and EricPF like this.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Just finished painting the Type S body. Painted the simple version of JJ Wang's scheme as I like the color combo.

I didnt plan on buying the pro-lite body, but my LHS just got them in stock and I was eager to try them so I bought one without checking which thickness it was. I seriously thought I would slice through the paper thin body while cutting out the masking tape. I had a 5000grit sharpening stone next to me and was constantly sharpening my knife just to make sure it stays sharp and I only put enough pressure cutting through the masking tape and not the body.

All in all, the masking went pretty smoothly and it turned out pretty good. I hope this body last more than one race day as pro-lite is SERIOUSLY thin. The body easily deforms under and type of knock or bumps.

Also, Im happy PF FINALLY used metric hardware for the wing, but the nut they supplied is probably made of cheese. I was just tightening the screw onto the nut normally when I felt a SLIGHT resistance and then nothing again. I kept turning wondering why isnt it tightening when I realized Ive stripped the nut already. Im going to be changing it out into something more sturdy if I want to keep the wing on the car
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there a chart that shows a comparison of which TC 190mm shells work better on a given surface?

*one of the competitors has this chart for different body types and surface traction.

Just curious if certain bodies perform better on carpet vs asphalt and indoor vs outdoor.

MOmo
Old 01-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ms7

Just want to give a shout out to Protoform and the great products they bring to us.

I race 17.5 heavy and I know my car inside and out, Ltc v1 has been my go to body on asphalt, gray and black carpet. I found the gen one Mazda6 to be a little to loose and not sharp enough for my style especially on steering. I have had many great races using my Ltc lids and can go on and on how it's paid me back race after race.

But..

I have just tried the Ms7 back to back testing for the first time on our home Track in Toronto on black carpet. Wow wow wow Car had the steering I wanted, felt FREE and felt a gliding like sensation around the corners lol but Stable, yet not as edgy as the Ltc. I am use to a sharp front end feel, always stable with a little tail happy on the ltc. My laps were easy a tenth faster per lap without any other changes on the Ms7.. Felt like a fast lap each lap I guess the feeling was

All my bodies are trimmed pretty good about 4-6mm above the factory line and slam them as low as possible for the most positive result
Attached Thumbnails PROTOform Race Bodies-mdms7.jpg   PROTOform Race Bodies-mdms72.jpg  
Antimullet and EricPF like this.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Well done PF! Going to try the Type S next
Old 01-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by disaster999
Just finished painting the Type S body. Painted the simple version of JJ Wang's scheme as I like the color combo.

I didnt plan on buying the pro-lite body, but my LHS just got them in stock and I was eager to try them so I bought one without checking which thickness it was. I seriously thought I would slice through the paper thin body while cutting out the masking tape. I had a 5000grit sharpening stone next to me and was constantly sharpening my knife just to make sure it stays sharp and I only put enough pressure cutting through the masking tape and not the body.

All in all, the masking went pretty smoothly and it turned out pretty good. I hope this body last more than one race day as pro-lite is SERIOUSLY thin. The body easily deforms under and type of knock or bumps.

Also, Im happy PF FINALLY used metric hardware for the wing, but the nut they supplied is probably made of cheese. I was just tightening the screw onto the nut normally when I felt a SLIGHT resistance and then nothing again. I kept turning wondering why isnt it tightening when I realized Ive stripped the nut already. Im going to be changing it out into something more sturdy if I want to keep the wing on the car
Only need to chuck the nuts in the bin now instead of the screws , come on Protoform can we have a metal nut and washer like Montech and Bitty supply
thecaptain likes this.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Metal nuts, and wing buttons like montech...
Bar likes this.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:06 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by thecaptain
Metal nuts, and wing buttons like montech...
Bitty went one step further and come with metal washers as well
Ggrant likes this.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:43 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I thought that PF fixed their quality issues with their lexan but my type-s is full of cracks with half of the runs on it as my montech is200 that has zero cracks. PF really need to use better quality materials and better wing hardware. Too bad, cause i like how the type s works in mod.
Ggrant likes this.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Could someone post a video on how to cut out and mount the new F26, F1 body. This body is different from other bodies that are out. Gear cover rear pod is covered it would be helpful to just see how PF mounts this body correctly.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

I would love to see the Audi on the left repoped change it for RC give it a off the wall name pay no royalties
Old 04-18-2018, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ford GT in 190mm??? Someone mentioned something about licensing being the potential hold up. How can that be since there's already a 200mm version? Any 'non-fake' news would be appreciated. Seems there is lots of interest!
davidl and Serzoni like this.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Simple question for Dale...

Will the new bodies (MS7 and TypeS) be available in normal weight? We have a lot of rookies in our club which love these bodies but cannot use light or prolite bodies for the moment (4 bodies per race is a little bit too much lol)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
Simple question for Dale...

Will the new bodies (MS7 and TypeS) be available in normal weight? We have a lot of rookies in our club which love these bodies but cannot use light or prolite bodies for the moment (4 bodies per race is a little bit too much lol)
make them out of fiberglass for them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.