Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Chris... I got 2 prototypes for the BMI asphalt chassis this week. It's 2.25mm graphite upper and lower deck. Jason probably won't make towers for this kit yet as the stock towers are 3mm anyway. We have some other cool stuff in the works anyway.

The 2.25mm graphite is still stiffer than the stock chassis, but it seems like it's going to be the perfect amount of flex for asphalt. The top decks that I have are the same as the carpet ones, only made out of the 2.25 graphite. That way you have the adjustability of the corner posts. We'll see how that goes.

And Robbie, I have NO clue what you are talking about.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Schreff Daddy,

You got PM

'fo shizzle
Old 04-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Chris... I got 2 prototypes for the BMI asphalt chassis this week. It's 2.25mm graphite upper and lower deck. Jason probably won't make towers for this kit yet as the stock towers are 3mm anyway. We have some other cool stuff in the works anyway.

The 2.25mm graphite is still stiffer than the stock chassis, but it seems like it's going to be the perfect amount of flex for asphalt. The top decks that I have are the same as the carpet ones, only made out of the 2.25 graphite. That way you have the adjustability of the corner posts. We'll see how that goes.

Is 1 mine....
Old 04-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'M BACK!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Fo shizzle...

Man, there's no asphalt racing up here in the Jersey area until May 7th. That's a long time...

Punky, you mentioned something about racing next weekend at your shop...is that still happening?
Old 04-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Opening day at HT Glenn Burnie is April 8th. Should be a good time, I'm not going to back in the area until monday or tuesday
Old 04-01-2006, 02:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Fo shizzle...

Man, there's no asphalt racing up here in the Jersey area until May 7th. That's a long time...

Punky, you mentioned something about racing next weekend at your shop...is that still happening?
Jon I'm racing next week at GB for opening day. Getchell and Robbie are going to run as well plus some others. Weather is already looking good for next Sat in mid 60's and no rain so far.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by John Tag
I'M BACK!!!!!!
Wow where you gone!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff

thanks schreff, as long as i can get my hands on one for the first week of april when jackson opens up, i woudl hate to have to race with the stock chasis and my toe prob . . .LOL

any idea when the chasis is going to be availible for the slow people like me . . .

you going to jackson opening weekend???
Old 04-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Cool, Bri. What time do they start? What time does practice start? Maybe I'll head down next weekend.

Yeah, I actually considered going down to Frederick today for some racing. It was a toss-up. It's a beautiful facility and a great track, but the bite is so high I really felt like I would have to change the car more than I'd like to in preparation for Jackson and most other asphalt tracks. I dunno--I've heard people saying both ways. Some leave theirs the same; others make the car stiffer.

The track at GB is really close setup-wise to Jackson--I think I ran the same setup there that I ran at Jackson.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Looks like Big Willie stye is going to make a special guest appearance at Hobby Town, Glenn Burnie
Old 04-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Chris,

I'm not sure when Jason plans on making production runs of the asphalt chassis. Shouldn't be long though. The chassis' I received were prototypes. That means what I have aren't necessarily what the public will get. It also means what I have might and/or might not work. Tags will be the first to know though. He should have his car sometime this week as I just finished building it.

By the way Tags, you are gonna need some screws. Jason uses 3x6mm Flat Head screws for the top decks and he didn't send me any. You better have some or go get some.

I'm sure Jason might pop in here and provide an update for everyone.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Cool, Bri. What time do they start? What time does practice start? Maybe I'll head down next weekend.

Yeah, I actually considered going down to Frederick today for some racing. It was a toss-up. It's a beautiful facility and a great track, but the bite is so high I really felt like I would have to change the car more than I'd like to in preparation for Jackson and most other asphalt tracks. I dunno--I've heard people saying both ways. Some leave theirs the same; others make the car stiffer.

The track at GB is really close setup-wise to Jackson--I think I ran the same setup there that I ran at Jackson.
I should be their by 11AM and I think the track is setup around Noon time. As for Frederick vs other tracks I don't change my cars much to go to other tracks. From Frederick to Jackson with my 415 the only change needed was lighter oil (Jackson is not as smooth) and more ride height. Only other thing I changed was overall gearing.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Cool. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll try and get there bright and early...maybe I'll see if Mr. Boyer has room at his place for me to crash Friday evening.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Cool. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll try and get there bright and early...maybe I'll see if Mr. Boyer has room at his place for me to crash Friday evening.
Great. Man next week is going to be alot of fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.