Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

had a great time racing with you guys yesterday i was surrounded by grey tshirts. the express race should be a lot of fun and im signing autographes. lol lata guys
AKA Pecks
Old 05-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

oh boy!

I gotta be there! I'd love to have the 2 time, 2 time snowbirds champions autograph!!! I cant wait!
Old 05-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

First things first:

Chris - Yes, I got your PayPal. You're all set.

Tag - Shut it.

Punkboy - Wasn't it cool to see Freddy? He was so chillin'. He sounded like Kathleen Turner too with that voice and all.

710baby - Thanks for the compliment! You had a nice bump-up yourself, yo.

WOW! I'm still reeling from that exhausting day, but what a great, great, great time--best time I've had at Jackson. First, I want to thank Fast Freddy for hooking the team up with tires. That was huge and key in our amazing run at the event!

Secondly, big, big props go to the Jackson crew for really raising their game and putting on a great show for the T event. Sure, you had people with little complaints here and there, but you'll always find someone griping about something. You guys (Al, Dean, Greg/fam, Ray) did a fantastic job! The track was beautiful and really fast by evening. Running under the lights was also a blast. I can't wait for the eXpress event under the lights. That's going to be most excellent.

Finally, the event itself: Team eXpress was dialed. Qualifying was amazing. Between Jeff, Tim and me, I have to say we put on quite a show. Tim had us the first round by like 2 seconds; second round, Cuffs and I were in the same heat running back to back with me leading by 0.1 seconds until the last lap where I wiggled a touch and he beat me by 0.1 second! Third round we all turned up the heat and I had TQ again until the last lap with another little wiggle with Cuffs taking the TQ by 0.2 seconds! CRAZY! So, qualifying was: 1. Cuffs, 2. Williams, 3. Getchell, 4. Tag, 5. Dodge

Last round our cars were super dialed: Cuffs and I turned 23: 5:11, 12 respectively which is a new track record in stock on rubbers. It was like our cars were riding on rails.

The main was crazy. First, Tim took the lead while Robbie and I were fighting hard for third. While I was taking the pass, Robbie gave me a shove causing me to get launched. Cuffs ended up passing me and I was stuck a half lap back in 4th the rest of the time. Game over for me. BUT, up front with like two laps to go, Tim clipped something and he and Robbie got caught up in a wreck and allowed Cuffs to pass them and take the win. Even Latif who was annoucing thought Tim had it. Anyway, Cuffs persevered and deserved the win cause eXpress just simply boned it--all three of us. Next time, Pects, next time.

So, it was: 1. Cuffs, 2. Getchell, 3. Dodge, 4. Williams, 5. Tag

As Freddy said, 19T was out of control. Only Joel Johnson kept cool (no duh!). I qualified really strong for 2nd behind Joel. (Joel qualified with a 24, 5:06, me with a 23, 5:01, Darroch with a 23, 5:04 and Cuffs with a 23: 5:06) In the main, I stayed closely in 2nd behind Joel for about 5 laps and then all hades broke loose: I got taken out by a lap car and something broke and I had to pull off cause the car was spinning out and stuff. Game over. Cuffs was moving through the field and got taken out about 5 times. Game over. Greg Sharpe kept clean, had his car handling really well and ended up taking 2nd behind Joel. Congrats to Greg on a super good, clean run in 19T!

For those of you who aren't sure if you can come to the eXpress race, you GOTTA COME! The racing is going to be top-notch and the atmosphere will be even better. Bring your tents and be ready to rock and roll.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally posted by jdwca
BUT, up front with like two laps to go, Tim clipped something and he and Robbie got caught up in a wreck and allowed Cuffs to pass them and take the win. Even Latif who was annoucing thought Tim had it. Anyway, Cuffs persevered and deserved the win cause eXpress just simply boned it--all three of us. Next time, Pects, next time.

Sorry Jon, I know you were racing, but never boned it, last lap as I was catching a lapped car in sweeper he hit wall or something came into me from nowwhere and launched my car out of the track. Marshall did his best but by time I was back in race Cuffs and Dodge were past me. Whatever they were doing I caught them on the last corner and that was were me and Robbie got hooked up. Neverless good race for Cuffs he was fast.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

i thought cuffs spun after the sweeper, williams led me, then tim to the straight, but i went low on jon, and tapped the curb, and hit him, which made him wobble, and fall back to 3rd, behind tim. I kno he was right there, cuz both him, and tim ran up on me on the straight like i was only half throttle, and tim passed me, and ran from there. Jon was a couple seconds back, and it was like that the first half of the race, till he caught me, and we caught a lapper, and i went high entering the sweeper, and williams ended up givin him the ol' beep beep, and both cars went airborne. then i think jon had some more bad luck, and lost 3rd to cuffs, who then caught me in the last minute, and boy that close racing like that was a blast! i really enjoyed the racing. tim had his problem with the lapper on the last lap in the sweeper, and then it was me, then cuffs. we tangled, and he waited, but got by me in the next corner, and tim was right there with us, and it was close between him and I. The race coulda been won easily by 5 cars, as all the cars were very close on lap times.

I kno i had a great time, and loved the racing excitement. I was kinda tired afterwards, cuz of holding my breath from cuffs bein right there the for that last minute. outstanding driving, and efforts by cuffs, tim, williams, and tag. Thanks for a great time, and thanks freddie for your help as well!
Old 05-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Yo Quinn... Good job sunday,see how things work out when you get there on time.LOL

See ya at the Express race in June
Old 05-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Tim Congrats... Think Pink
Old 05-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Thanks Jon see ya soon or in June

Originally posted by jdwca [/i]
First things first:

Chris - Yes, I got your PayPal. You're all set.

Tag - Shut it.

Punkboy - Wasn't it cool to see Freddy? He was so chillin'. He sounded like Kathleen Turner too with that voice and all.

710baby - Thanks for the compliment! You had a nice bump-up yourself, yo.

WOW! I'm still reeling from that exhausting day, but what a great, great, great time--best time I've had at Jackson. First, I want to thank Fast Freddy for hooking the team up with tires. That was huge and key in our amazing run at the event!

Secondly, big, big props go to the Jackson crew for really raising their game and putting on a great show for the T event. Sure, you had people with little complaints here and there, but you'll always find someone griping about something. You guys (Al, Dean, Greg/fam, Ray) did a fantastic job! The track was beautiful and really fast by evening. Running under the lights was also a blast. I can't wait for the eXpress event under the lights. That's going to be most excellent.

Finally, the event itself: Team eXpress was dialed. Qualifying was amazing. Between Jeff, Tim and me, I have to say we put on quite a show. Tim had us the first round by like 2 seconds; second round, Cuffs and I were in the same heat running back to back with me leading by 0.1 seconds until the last lap where I wiggled a touch and he beat me by 0.1 second! Third round we all turned up the heat and I had TQ again until the last lap with another little wiggle with Cuffs taking the TQ by 0.2 seconds! CRAZY! So, qualifying was: 1. Cuffs, 2. Williams, 3. Getchell, 4. Tag, 5. Dodge

Last round our cars were super dialed: Cuffs and I turned 23: 5:11, 12 respectively which is a new track record in stock on rubbers. It was like our cars were riding on rails.

The main was crazy. First, Tim took the lead while Robbie and I were fighting hard for third. While I was taking the pass, Robbie gave me a shove causing me to get launched. Cuffs ended up passing me and I was stuck a half lap back in 4th the rest of the time. Game over for me. BUT, up front with like two laps to go, Tim clipped something and he and Robbie got caught up in a wreck and allowed Cuffs to pass them and take the win. Even Latif who was annoucing thought Tim had it. Anyway, Cuffs persevered and deserved the win cause eXpress just simply boned it--all three of us. Next time, Pects, next time.

So, it was: 1. Cuffs, 2. Getchell, 3. Dodge, 4. Williams, 5. Tag

As Freddy said, 19T was out of control. Only Joel Johnson kept cool (no duh!). I qualified really strong for 2nd behind Joel. (Joel qualified with a 24, 5:06, me with a 23, 5:01, Darroch with a 23, 5:04 and Cuffs with a 23: 5:06) In the main, I stayed closely in 2nd behind Joel for about 5 laps and then all hades broke loose: I got taken out by a lap car and something broke and I had to pull off cause the car was spinning out and stuff. Game over. Cuffs was moving through the field and got taken out about 5 times. Game over. Greg Sharpe kept clean, had his car handling really well and ended up taking 2nd behind Joel. Congrats to Greg on a super good, clean run in 19T!

For those of you who aren't sure if you can come to the eXpress race, you GOTTA COME! The racing is going to be top-notch and the atmosphere will be even better. Bring your tents and be ready to rock and roll.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the clarification, Tim. I apologize. I thought you said you clipped something when we spoke right after the race. I never saw the actual incident, just the yelling and everyone like, "OH MAN!" We were all so excited and out of breath afterwards that I don't think I heard you right.

You and Robbie did a great job getting your cars figured out and ready to run on short notice.

My apologies.

TK - most excellent run this weekend for ya! Give us a little information on the how the event went.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well...Event was ran 3 quals. and Triple A's. TQ'd Stock Truck, and Qualified 2nd in Mod Truck.

Stock Truck
Broke while leading the first main...outdrive pin came loose...Don't know why... Came out and won the 2nd and 3rd mains to take the overall win.

Mod Truck
Went out and ran the first A with a STOCK MOTOR and ended up winning the main by 16 seconds...roughly half a lap there...and used a 19T in the 2nd and 3rd main. 2nd main, I was ran over after making the pass for first(clean) and the guy kept going. Came out in the 3rd and won by a little over 5 sec.

Great motors and batts put me to the top...they were used to the extreme, and never went soft.

TK
Old 05-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Hey Ya'll I will be going off line today so keep the Tag talk down

Man moving stinks with all this last minute drama between attorneys, just wish this was eaiser.

Got the new motor labels in today for the mid june limited edition stock motors, yes they are bright Scott at Maxspeed did a great job. Fast Freddy will have the first 5 tonight for samples

Yup,Pink Baby

Tim
Old 05-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by John Tag
Yup,Pink Baby

Tim
I guess I will have to have a pink car here sooner or later, might as well have a motor to match it.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by John Tag
[B]Hey Ya'll I will be going off line today so keep the Tag talk down
We wont say much about you while you are gone and cant defind yourself.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

YOU'LL be the FIRST AND ONLY guy with the Pink labels. I ain't putting no pink on my ride.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Tim lots of pink in your home real soon, yup..2.Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.