Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power Push Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tony,

I needed to take a minute and say thanks. Not only do you produce awesome power push packs, but you also tell everyone how to charge them, discharge them, store them and even how to peak them. I don't anyone else in this industry that gives you all the information on how to go fast. I know you use all the industry chargers to see what is the best and how each one works. You told me to watch out for the Ryobi charger because the cutoff stops at 4.20 and no more. This is an expensive charger but it actually doesn't help you go faster, it goes slower. Again I don't know anyone else in the industry that goes through all this to make sure who ever is running his batteries is going as fast as possible. I even still run lipo packs from 2009 and they're within a tenth of some of the new batteries. I came within 30 seconds of making run time in Mod with them. I just wanted to say thanks for all you're hard work.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Pulfinator
TYou told me to watch out for the Ryobi charger because the cutoff stops at 4.20 and no more. This is an expensive charger but it actually doesn't help you go faster, it goes slower.
Ryobi makes a battery charger for RC batteries? I must have missed that the last time I was at Home Depot.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A huge thanks to Tony and PowerPush for the awesome power this past weekend at the ROAR region 5 champs at the Gate. My WGT car and 12th scale car had fantastic HP all weekend. Being part of a PowerPush/CRC MaxxCell 1-2 finish in WGT was great. My only regret is that I didn't drive as well in 12th scale.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pulfinator
... you also tell everyone how to charge them, discharge them, store them and even how to peak them. ...
I just did a search, but can't seem to find this information. Was there a post or other? I didn't see anything like this on the web site either.

If it makes a difference, I run the shorty 1S pack in a 1/12 CRC Xi.

Thanks!

Ben
Old 10-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I run Power Push 1s lipos and they're awesome! Always punchy and very fast.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just had to drop in and thank Tony for providing AWESOME power. This weekend I was able to TQ and win WGT, and also win 12th 17.5 at the 4th leg of the MidWest GrandSlam using the new CRC/PowerPush 7000mah 90c packs. The batteries performed flawlessly all weekend. Killer stuff Slim!!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default WARNING

Just a word of caution to anyone thinking about trying power push batteries

These things contain too much power I recently switched to Power Push for 1/12 Modified and all I can say is holy $#IT. I have so much power that not only can I (and have) pulled wheelies for 10 + feet, but I can actually flip the car completely over and that is a pan car with a very low center of gravity. All that and after a full 8 minute run I am average only about 5000 mAh needed back into the battery.

Tony's packs not only deliver the power required they do it in a very efficient manner.

Thanks for great packs
Old 03-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How do the SMC lightning volts 4000mah 25c batteries compare to say a stock battery from SMC?
Old 11-30-2015, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I would like to thanks Tony (slim) for the power push for giving me great 1s batteries this past weekend at the indoor chmps. Tony was very helpful on charging and making sure my batteries were the best out there. He helps with charger settings andeverything else
I will buy all my batteries from now on with Tony knowing that I am getting the best

Thanks Slim for everthing. Check out his cables and charging bags for lipos they are the best

Thanks Chris
Old 03-26-2016, 08:43 AM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What is the best amperage to charge the PowerPush VTA 7.4v 5000 40C pack ?

I usually use 5 amps , but hear that these can safely go higher.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AMZ
What is the best amperage to charge the PowerPush VTA 7.4v 5000 40C pack ?

I usually use 5 amps , but hear that these can safely go higher.
I would also like to know the answer to this. Im about to buy some of those.