Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion >

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree363Likes

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

i want to say i been harping about this for over a yr now............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K.Kincaid
No way to know you guys are friends, there are a lot of unhappy customers of Trinity right now... and this is not the first time. It would make sense for someone that is representing the company to be a little more professional on these boards considering the current situation.
if you read the letter it states if you have a original receipt Trinity will offer the newer 17.5 at a special price and if anyone should complain it would be the person that i quoted not you , but i guess i will be more careful you are not lurking around next time i post i dont want to lose any sleep if i happen to offend you.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would venture to say there are a lot of Monster 17.5 motors floating around where the owner does not have the original sales receipt, there is no way this is good for the hobby and Trinity is not going to do anything to address the issue with those people. Basically a "sorry about your luck" if you purchased 2nd hand or don't have a receipt.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by K.Kincaid
I would venture to say there are a lot of Monster 17.5 motors floating around where the owner does not have the original sales receipt, there is no way this is good for the hobby and Trinity is not going to do anything to address the issue with those people. Basically a "sorry about your luck" if you purchased 2nd hand or don't have a receipt.
i have my receipts, fantom is getting taken off also not sure if they are offering any discounts or not
Old 02-19-2019, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not sure this is the best way to deal with the problem. Why ban all the motors when only a portion of them are "inconsistent" ? The resistance of my motor was checked at the last major race I attended and it was within Roar specs. Now my perfectly legal motor is no good!?

At the club level I understand it could be tougher since tech inspection may simply involve looking at the can, but how badly do we care at that level anyways?
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nm143
Not sure this is the best way to deal with the problem. Why ban all the motors when only a portion of them are "inconsistent" ? The resistance of my motor was checked at the last major race I attended and it was within Roar specs. Now my perfectly legal motor is no good!?

At the club level I understand it could be tougher since tech inspection may simply involve looking at the can, but how badly do we care at that level anyways?
i agree if the meet the resistance guidelines for that motor then it should be allowed , out of how many motors did they find the inconsistency? I say just follow BRCA rules at least then the majority or the worlds racers will follow the same rules
Old 02-19-2019, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Got my own stalkers
Old 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Is like being in 1st grade and that one kid telling the teacher everything lol no one read the post it was a joke
Old 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

People, stop wasting our time reporting Marco's posts. You're whining like someone just told you Santa claus is your parents. FYI, the Easter bunny and tooth fairy ...yup, that's mom and dad too.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
People, stop wasting our time reporting Marco's posts. You're whining like someone just told you Santa claus is your parents. FYI, the Easter bunny and tooth fairy ...yup, that's mom and dad too.
Tell your mod to act like an adult, then. At least he censored my email out of the last one.

Note: I have no issue with the original post re: kleenex and tampons. I do take issue with his response being to copy/paste the report from K. Kincaid, including his full email address. It has nothing to do with someone's ability to take a joke, but everything to do with such fine examples of moderation.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have my receipt but it's from my local hobby shop which just has a total sale price doesn't say what I purchased. And seems awfully funny that trinity has new motors that's being tested and are about to be approved so seems to me it's there way of making everyone(that has a monster max) buy new motors for the up coming roar events. What a joke. Why ban them all mine has passed 2 major events and now is worthless since they requested the ban there shouldn't be a invoice needed to get the discounted motor since this is there doing from start to finish just my 2cents
Old 02-19-2019, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nm143

They are all using big wire since Aug 2017...... It effectively dropped the ir on a 8yr old stator winding ability about 1.5points ... Cause even the most recent shipments of motors thru a TN hobby shop are still coming in illegal -borderline .... There are 10s of 1000s of illegal motors curculating ... Just because its within roars aloud ir numbers dont make it a legally wound motor ... Wake up and just say no to buying another trinity or Fantom motor ...

Old 02-19-2019, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by redmonster27
I have my receipt but it's from my local hobby shop which just has a total sale price doesn't say what I purchased. And seems awfully funny that trinity has new motors that's being tested and are about to be approved so seems to me it's there way of making everyone(that has a monster max) buy new motors for the up coming roar events. What a joke. Why ban them all mine has passed 2 major events and now is worthless since they requested the ban there shouldn't be a invoice needed to get the discounted motor since this is there doing from start to finish just my 2cents
i think the receipt from your shop will be ok i would call or email trinity
Old 02-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Ok thanks Marcos I will try that I know there customer service when I called was outstanding so I'll for sure try that
Old 02-19-2019, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
They are all using big wire since Aug 2017...... It effectively dropped the ir on a 8yr old stator winding ability about 1.5points ... Cause even the most recent shipments of motors thru a TN hobby shop are still coming in illegal -borderline .... There are 10s of 1000s of illegal motors curculating ... Just because its within roars aloud ir numbers dont make it a legally wound motor ... Wake up and just say no to buying another trinity or Fantom motor ...
Well jfx, if it is true that all of motors had big wires since Aug 2017, then it would be better for Roar to increase the allowable wire size to include all currently used motor wire sizes since 'small' wire motors are not manufactured anymore....All the old paperweight motors will become legal again, and everybody will be happy.....
PS: It will still be necessary for the tracks to find a legit way to measure motor wire sizes without destroying the motors....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.