Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Drew you are a kind and gentle soul.

That is why most guys do love you.

I know i do
Old 09-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Like I said back to business here is the info for you guys so you don't have to go back and find it....Later Drew

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Ok Here are some pics of the new Lipo trays that are being made by Hyperdrive. There will be two different ones for sale. These first ones are made of stainless and will be thicker made for the Xray 008US kit. They are made to add all of your weight back under the lipo pack to keep the handling the same as Nimh cells. These were tested by several guys at the IIC with great results (All were A main cars). The Xray 008US plates are available now.

The next batch will be a mixture of thick and thinner ones for other cars (2.5mm chassis) and will be black in color. These should be done by the end of this coming week. The thinner ones will obviously be a little lighter but not by much. The trays have been designed to fill in all of the battery slots for maximum weight under the tray.

The last picture shows how we used the SMC 5000 pack in the 008 at the IIC. By having the battery angled the way it is allows the rear of the pack to hang over a little and offset the weight of the BL motor perfectly.

Any questions can be posted here. For orders the first ones will go directly to Barry Hill at Hyperdrive. His email is [email protected] Cost will be 30.00 each plus 6.00 for priority mail shipping for the stainless ones. The next batch of black ones will be around 25.00 each plus shipping.

Thanks
EA
Old 09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not shocked about the lipo tray talk. I'm shocked about Drew actually posting so much!!! LMAO
Old 09-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka
Alright here comes my mod post of the day. My father could design and cut that tray from scratch and make it look even better than both of yours if he wanted to...Thats not a joke. This design does not take a rocket scientist to create, nor improve upon. If everyone doesn't stop the bashing on each others products, suspensions and bans can be provided. Everyone is trying to make a profit in this world. If you don't like someone else, fine. Leave it to PM's and off the boards for everyone to read!!!!!

These trays are good ideas, and Hyperdrive happened to release one as well. Unless there is a patent, good luck on someone not improving upon something.
yea dude your dad makes some awesome stuff, i "had" the most wanted/stolen tool at the race made by your dad, i would almost cry every time it went missing, but then EA always seemed to be the one that stole it haha
Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Eric & Drew, I assume you guys are using tape to secure your Lipo batteries? I just bought a T2'007 to run USVTA with (21.5 BL w/ LiPo) and now am leaning towards the SMC 4000mAh pack. I do not have the car yet but by angling the SMC pack will the rear bulkhead still have to be Dremel'd for a LiPo to fit? Also, for ease of use, do you think the XRay battery strap be used with the SMC 4000 (vs. the taller 5000 mAh pack)?

Thanks for all the help! The lipo weight system looks great and I will likely go that route.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AaronR
Eric & Drew, I assume you guys are using tape to secure your Lipo batteries? I just bought a T2'007 to run USVTA with (21.5 BL w/ LiPo) and now am leaning towards the SMC 4000mAh pack. I do not have the car yet but by angling the SMC pack will the rear bulkhead still have to be Dremel'd for a LiPo to fit? Also, for ease of use, do you think the XRay battery strap be used with the SMC 4000 (vs. the taller 5000 mAh pack)?

Thanks for all the help! The lipo weight system looks great and I will likely go that route.
What I did was use battery tape to strap the weight in the car. Then I put a piece of 1x1 inch servo tape on top of the tray and place the lipo where I want it when I get ready to run then run a strap of battery tape around the whole thing like you normally would. It will not move using this method. We did not have to dremel the bulkhead like we ran ours. With a 4K pack I am not sure on the 007 and do not have one here I can test it on.

I dont think the strap would be a good idea because if it does fit it will contact the whole top of the battery and could cause a tweak issue. Where as when using it with a nimh pack it usually only touches 2-3 cells and they can still move a little so it will not tweak the car that way.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

EA
Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Yeah what EA said, no need to dremal the 4000 will fit fine but I think you will be happier with the 5000 if you get EA's tray put the tray in the chassie put double sided tape on the pak and stick it to the tray while in the car the pak will be at a angle but that is ok we found that it helps balance the car better...I think EA has a pic of his car somewere on here....Later Drew
Old 09-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the help guys! If you guys are at this weekends race at Trackside, I'll stop over quick and check your cars out if you don't mind. Thanks again, take care.

Last edited by AaronR; 09-10-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 AM
Team EAM

Just a re-paste from a previous post. The first batch of trays for the US are nearly gone. The 2nd batch of 100 will be done early next week in Black. Both US (Thick) and EU (Thinner trays for cars with graphite less than 3mm). Contact Barry at the email listed below for orders.

There will be two different ones for sale. These first ones are made of stainless and will be thicker made for the Xray 008US kit. They are made to add your weight back under the lipo pack to keep the handling the same as Nimh cells. These were tested by several guys at the IIC with great results (All were A main cars). The Xray 008US plates are available now.

The next batch will be a mixture of thick and thinner ones for other cars (2.5mm chassis) and will be black in color. These should be done by the end of the week. The thinner ones will obviously be a little lighter but not by much. The trays have been designed to fill in all of the battery slots for maximum weight under the tray.

Any questions can be posted here. For orders the first ones will go directly to Barry Hill at Hyperdrive. His email is [email protected] Cost will be 30.00 each plus 6.00 for priority mail shipping for the stainless ones. The next batch of black ones will be around 25.00 each plus shipping.

Thanks
EA
Old 09-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Team EAM

Update:

The Black Thin (EU) and the Thicker (US) lipo trays are ready and shipping to all those that pre-ordered. They are going very fast so if you are wanting one better order quickly as this 2nd batch was an additional 100 like the first batch.

The first batch of stainless trays went pretty fast but I think Barry has just a limited few left available.

[email protected]

EA
Old 09-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Some interesting reading...

EA: YGM
Old 09-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Tres
Some interesting reading...

EA: YGM
Yea for a while it was..LOL.

Didnt get your email. Send it again.

EA
Old 09-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

EA, I got my EU edition lipo plate in today, finish is amazing and fits perfect. It sits about .5mm above the bottom of the chassis, and weighs 113g. Here are a couple pics...

Last edited by brians11; 09-25-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Looks just like mine I got yesterday! Thanks for the weight... I was curious and I do not have a scale here at home.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Team EAM

For those guys using them in the Xray the corner is not notched for the center stiffener post as no body runs it because it can tweak the car. Its the first thing I was told not to run. If you do choose to use it you will have to notch the front inside cornder like pictured in Brian's photo.

Glad you guys like them.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.