Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Hurricane Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

I just ordered a 4 cell pack and battery bars today online-excellent prices, I cant wait to get them.
I was wondering, is there any advantage to cycling hurricane packs one or twice? I have read that cycling packs a few times will bring up the voltage. But would it also drop runtime? Im racing 1/12 scale and the past few weeks I have dropped off quite a bit at the end of the race(though I was using older packs)

thanks
Old 05-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Blade.....There isnt any real reason to cycle a new pack. All you are doing is just taking one more run/race cycle away from the life of the pack. When ever you see an increase in voltage it comes with a loss of runtime. The more a pack is cycled yes the more the voltage comes up but at a loss of runtime. If your racing 12th scale and your packs are going soft towards the end check your motor temp and make sure its not very hot. Also how high of a charge rate are you using for 12th scale? What was the runtime on the packs when they were new? If the runtime wasnt very high to start with after about 4 months of racing all the time you could see about 25 or 35 seconds loss of runtime.....and in 12th scale this will show up after about the 6 or 7 minute mark. In sedan most people wont ever see this unless they are racing mod or even 19t sometimes.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a quick question about the battery sale:
Are the webspecial packs still available? Since they're still on the site I assume they are. Just want to double check since I thought I heard that was ending. Gotta put in an order for my brother and myself, and he was interested in the webspecials. Thanks!
Old 05-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

My motor temp has actually been pretty good. It has not gotten overly hot. Im charging at 5 amps. I would usualy charge at 4, but racing at trackside on tuesday doesnt give me enough time to fully charge my packs at 4 amps, so I step it up to 5, and usually my packs charge in time
Old 05-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Chuck....if its still up on the website I would think you can still order off of it.....your best bet is to call Brad and make sure.

Blade.....Charging at a lower amp rate will not necessarily give you more run time. For me when ever I charge at a lower amp rate I get less punch or voltage out of the pack so I have to rip on the throttle more to make up for the lack of power leading to dumping faster. So I like to charge at 5.5 to 6 amps in 12th scale stock/19t. As long as the packs are not terribly old they should make run time no problem. With 12th scale it’s a little more important to make sure everything is at 100% other wise your car can use up too much power to get around the track….IE your diff needs to be at 100% smooth all the time, all the bearings in the car need to be free of friction and your car needs to be setup with out too much push. I know it sounds funny but when you get a fresh silky diff you can usually see about 10 seconds extra runtime and a tenth or two on your fastest lap time. The same thing holds true for the bearings in the car less friction leads to more runtime. If your car is pushing at all you can loose another 10 seconds of run time b/c the car is taking too much energy to get around the track. With 12th scale every aspect of the car is more pronounced then it is with a sedan mainly b/c of the extended race length. Also depending on your ESC and REC combo you might need to use a receiver pack to get everything to work at its true speed. Especially when you get low on voltage towards the end of the run everything in the car your PT, Servo, Rec, and ESC are all sucking the juice out of the pack and that can lead to a car feeling dumped or dumping faster. Most receiver packs are like 7 bucks or so and they last like a whole season and you can increase your runtime and in most cases get a more responsive car b/c everything will be running at a higher voltage then it would running off the 4 cell pack.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Brad
I got my new packs in on friday, those battery bars are so awesome, best i've every used. Ran the new packs and there are unbelivable, i don't think i've ever had packs w/ that much punch and the power stayed ,not droping off. Not sure what make those packs so dam good but i know they are awesome. Also thanks for turning me back on to those gold brushes i had been using 767s and i put in those golds and OMG what a differance.
Keep up the good work and awesome deals
BigO
Old 05-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Tom......Yeah the new Battery Bars are super strong and work out great. Nothing beats the Gold brush its funny to watch people at bigger races run around the pits to find them behind the motor builders backs...

So where is everyone racing this weekend and hows the summer been going for everyone?

It looks like the Summer Sizzler at Trackside on July 30th should be a good race to attend and a great warm up for IIC race in Vagas. Hope to see most of the guys out there.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yea ill be racing july 30th too im taking a break from rc for abit bec of a sad loss of rsj my home track and closes
mark
Old 05-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

So where is everyone racing this weekend and hows the summer been going for everyone?
I'll be back at Chicagoland RC Raceway in Tinley.

Where you gonna be at Kev?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Up at Trackside on sunday. Man my schedule with everything this summer it doesnt look like I will be able to make it out to TP much. I would rather race at AJ's and it seems like they are getting a bigger and bigger group of electric guys...and most times marshalling is not an issue.... j/k. I will make it out to TP once and a while just not very often.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i am planning on runnig the sizzler also...right now just raceing offroad for the summer.

kev, bring the buggy up, it is a blast....
Old 05-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by mr. losi
kev, bring the buggy up, it is a blast....
After I fix all the broken parts from the last time I raced it I will be out there. So are you guys running slicks or is there still some pin left on the tires.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:58 AM

Any plans for some Hurricane GP3700s???
Old 05-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kevin K
After I fix all the broken parts from the last time I raced it I will be out there. So are you guys running slicks or is there still some pin left on the tires.
leave some pin, it is better if the track drys out....
Old 05-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"Any plans for some Hurricane GP3700s???"

Looking at Brad's "yes, I have lost my mind " sale on 3300s, I'd say it's probably in the near future...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.