Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: I'm sorry

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Hey guys, I'm so sorry, I've been swamped lately and have been running back and forth taking care of my father who is 90 years old. The guys at the office aren't helping me respond to emails therefore I lacked and I do apologize. We are STILL producing tons of awesome numbers and our CET have been slightly Upgraded to maximize zap against the newest generation of GPs.

Your emails have been replied and if you need anything further, please contact me or shoot me another email.

Btw, if you are in need of batteries quickly and since our website is still not up yet, please feel free to check out at www.speedtechrc.com for our products since they always have them in stock. Thanks.

Dan
Dan you happen to get my Email? Sent about 2 weeks ago or so let me know i still didnt recieve anything.

If not ill send now.

Let me know
Jon

Last edited by JDXray; 04-11-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I hope all is well Dan!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

no worries Dan thanks for that... hope everything is OK with your dad

Jon: I live in Australia so i'd much rather use email than making expensive phone calls
Old 04-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Oops. I didn't pay attention to that. I don't blame you.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys. One of my Fukuyama 1.18 packs has a weird problem. I have four of them (about 2 months old) and they all perform about the same on the track. They all peak around 9.10 volts, and their temp stays under 110 degrees during charging. However, I've got one pack now that peaks around 8.88 volts, and gets pretty hot before it's finished. Also, I discovered that one of the cells in particular is getting VERY hot after the battery is charged. My temp cutoff didn't catch it because it was only that one cell, but it was over 130 when the pack was finally finished.

Could it be a bad solder joint or something? Did a cell go bad, perhaps? I'm guessing if it's not bad, it's definitely going to be damaged after getting that hot. I don't blame this on Fukuyama, of course, since it's just battery stuff in general, but I figured you guys would be a good place to start.

Otherwise, all my packs have been completely amazing, and I will continue to buy my batteries from Fukuyama in the future.

On a side note: I have three packs soldered together with "bonez" battery bars, and one using the thicker bars I got from Fukuyama. I noticed the pack using the thicker bars remains the coolest during charging. Is there something to that? All my joints look good, but it never hurts to go over them again.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Damn, just checked the website and you guys can't keep the HQ packs in can ya... -JB
Old 04-13-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by syndr0me
Hey guys. One of my Fukuyama 1.18 packs has a weird problem. I have four of them (about 2 months old) and they all perform about the same on the track. They all peak around 9.10 volts, and their temp stays under 110 degrees during charging. However, I've got one pack now that peaks around 8.88 volts, and gets pretty hot before it's finished. Also, I discovered that one of the cells in particular is getting VERY hot after the battery is charged. My temp cutoff didn't catch it because it was only that one cell, but it was over 130 when the pack was finally finished.

Could it be a bad solder joint or something? Did a cell go bad, perhaps? I'm guessing if it's not bad, it's definitely going to be damaged after getting that hot. I don't blame this on Fukuyama, of course, since it's just battery stuff in general, but I figured you guys would be a good place to start.

Otherwise, all my packs have been completely amazing, and I will continue to buy my batteries from Fukuyama in the future.

On a side note: I have three packs soldered together with "bonez" battery bars, and one using the thicker bars I got from Fukuyama. I noticed the pack using the thicker bars remains the coolest during charging. Is there something to that? All my joints look good, but it never hurts to go over them again.
You can always send them back in and let dan have a look
Old 04-13-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

One cell could have possibly gone bad. Does it still perform on the track? 130F isn't all that hot. In fact, most of my packs get there on a normal charge.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JayBee
Damn, just checked the website and you guys can't keep the HQ packs in can ya... -JB
The website is not current. Give Dan a call if you need some packs.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

If you are using a Novak tray on your packs, make sure that all of the contacts are clean. Otherwise, the tray might not be discharging one of the cells to the specified voltage, resulting in a hot/damaged cell on the next charge.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JayBee
and as stated before you can aslo check with Steve at Speedtech
Old 04-14-2005, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by 071crazy
If you are using a Novak tray on your packs, make sure that all of the contacts are clean. Otherwise, the tray might not be discharging one of the cells to the specified voltage, resulting in a hot/damaged cell on the next charge.
That's a good point. That's one of the main reasons we tray our cells. If one cell is starting out with a lot more charge than the others, that one will over charge and get much hotter.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Who is all goin to the vegas race Stephen-I heard scotty from trackside will be doing the annoncing for that race
Old 04-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Brad- It is scotties race lolololol
Old 04-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

I'll be there representing Fukuyama

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.