Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by John Fontaine
AdR|aN - glad you got the 1.17's finally and you like them. I told you they would be killer. I can't wait to see how I do in mod compared to speed with my nitro.

John
Yeap. Not only like them but fell in love with them.

I might consider purchasing more for this end of the year Asia Reedy Race in Thailand.

Got any discount??
Old 03-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well the good news is that numbers are looking good and 1.17's will be available again very soon.

Discount? well....I'm a team driver
Old 03-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

fukuyama guys, hey question for ya. I'm using one of the rayspeed dischargers that equalizes the cells down to .90 volts and cuts off. After equalizing does the battery need a small charge put on it for storage between race weekends or not? If not, how long can you store the cells with just .90 volts before worrying about damaging them. We've been programmed to think these cells need a significant charge left in them during storage.

Thanks for your help, my fukuyama packs are working great!

racer-oZ
Old 03-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

no need to store the cells equalised, just discharge them to 0.9v per cell and then leave them. Before you charge them the next week put them on the equaliser.
Should keep your cells in tip top condition for as long as possible.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default timing a charge vs. peaking

for running stock 1/12th scale, is there any difference between:

a) timing your charge to finish just before you go to tech

or

b) finishing your charge 30 minutes before tech and then timing a re-peak to finish just before going to tech???

We will be using Fukuyama batteries at the nats this week and want to get the most out of them.

thanks
Old 03-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

how long can you store your cells at .90 volts per cell without hurting them?

racer-oZ
Old 03-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: timing a charge vs. peaking

Originally posted by barrys
for running stock 1/12th scale, is there any difference between:

a) timing your charge to finish just before you go to tech

or

b) finishing your charge 30 minutes before tech and then timing a re-peak to finish just before going to tech???

We will be using Fukuyama batteries at the nats this week and want to get the most out of them.

thanks
I'm not sure about running 1:12 but it should be about the same. I've not noticed really any difference getting the first peak right before the race and repeaking right before. As long as they get good and warm. It may be better for the longetivity of the cells to time the first peak right but that can be fairly difficult some times.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey Dan, you should post up the drivers corner on the site rather than wait for everyone, some of those people dont have digital cams I'm sure...
Old 03-22-2004, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Guys,

I ran my FukuYama packs again yesterday and have to say that i don't find them special! Seeing that everyone on this forum rants and raves about them, i 'm led to believe that either my other packs are extremely good (better then Fuku's anyway) or that you guys haven't used good packs before.
Now don't get me wrong, Fuku's are probably very good, but they are not the best out there. I'm not plugging any other brand so don't dis me on that.

I expect a lot of comment on this, so give it to me
Old 03-22-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

For my part, I choosed Fukuyama because the price was the best I could find for packs with similar specifications AND because of excellent service

Now for the performance, I havent raced them yet (waiting for a new charger), so time will show.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

you get what you pay for, I love them but I bought the 1.17+ what packs did you buy? and what packs are you comparing them to. more over the service is unbeatable.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Guys,

I ran my FukuYama packs again yesterday and have to say that i don't find them special! Seeing that everyone on this forum rants and raves about them, i 'm led to believe that either my other packs are extremely good (better then Fuku's anyway) or that you guys haven't used good packs before.
Now don't get me wrong, Fuku's are probably very good, but they are not the best out there. I'm not plugging any other brand so don't dis me on that.

I expect a lot of comment on this, so give it to me
First time usage or has been use for a few runs already?
First time usage wont give you any performance at all.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
it really depends on what type of batteries you're previously experienced to. As for the GP3300, they are ok to be charged at 6 amps. In fact, the cells have been cycled, processed, enhanced and matched. Matching was done based on 6 amp charge and 30 amp discharge. If you're experiencing problems, then most likely you need to look into investing in a better charger. Basically all the newer generation of charge is capable of charging the GP3300. However, you would want one that has adjustable peak detection as nimh are sensitive to this particular setting.

Dan
thanks for the reply! i think my gfx is good enough for the job my previous packs were pro match batts. actually i'm still using them. these are my first matched packs. i fondly remember the first time i used them. it was in a stock class. when our cars accelerated i was surprised to see that all of us at the first half of the grid basically sped off at the same rate! why the hell did i waste my money on matched packs!! i discovered at the end of the day that all of the first half were using the same batts with quite similar rates i've now graduated to mod racing and i'm quite confident that these 1.17s i have will bring in some advantage

btw, my girlfriend just bought me two reedy xcell packs. the charge rate is not indicated but i read at the manual that it is suggested that i charge them at 4amps. what gives? can i charge them at 6amps? i don't know if this is the proper forum to ask this but i'm hoping somebody can help
Old 03-22-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hardriven RC - It all depends on the charge rate. I run 1.15v zx packs and they can keep up with smc 1.17v packs(after a minute on the track) in stock. They are only faster on the straight. *BUT* I have to charge at 7 amps and 10mv cutoff. This obviously is abusing the packs, but they scream and are only used once a week so I figure why not. I'm sure if you charged the fuku's at a higher charge rate and mv/cutoff and take care of them they'd be friggin fast. What did you charge them at? Nearly all the reputable matchers are putting out great cells that are fast, if charged accordingly.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i would have to agree with Cole T... the service is second to none! im not sure i bought "the best batteries in the world", but for the price, i couldnt beat the quality!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.