Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
It's fukuyama you ninny and you just shot yourself in the foot, now nobody will buy those batteries, i know i wont.
You fuka sponsered guys just don't cut anyone any slack do you.. just keep going on and on.. you know what I'm not gonna sit here and insult those of you who lashed out at me.. i have my opinion, can express it, and you can have yours.

RB
Old 02-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Regional Moderator

RB,

You should check out this url

http://www.peakmotors.com/racer_tips.asp#es

If you truly are trying to get sponsorship, there are good nuggets of wisdom there.

your best bet is to let this die and move on. continued postings in this thread are not going to help.

To the fukuyama gods, sorry for posting a peak url in this thread. just thought it migh help RB. will take it down if it offends.

Last edited by petzl; 02-08-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by petzl
RB,

You should check out this url

http://www.peakmotors.com/racer_tips.asp#es

If you truly are trying to get sponsorship, there are good nuggets of wisdom there.

your best bet is to let this die and move on. continued postings in this thread are not going to help.
Thanks petzl, I agree. I will find a sponsor, soon, very soon.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by RecordBreaker
You fuka sponsered guys just don't cut anyone any slack do you.. just keep going on and on.. you know what I'm not gonna sit here and insult those of you who lashed out at me.. i have my opinion, can express it, and you can have yours.

RB
Not when others have to pay to advertise on this site and you just come on and try to promote without doing it the proper way. Not fair to any of the companies that pay to be here is their. Oh I'm not sponsored by Fukuyama either
Old 02-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by wyd
Not when others have to pay to advertise on this site and you just come on and try to promote without doing it the proper way. Not fair to any of the companies that pay to be here is their. Oh I'm not sponsored by Fukuyama either
I'm not even affialted with that company, I was just trying to throw the guy some business in return for some packs. I had no idea it was gonna cause such a problem.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Why not just let this little episode end, it's bad publicity for everyone...
Old 02-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pucho
Fukuyama Racers Jared Scott and Rob Love both made the A at the Snowbirds, Jared in ProMod and Rob in Stock, Jared also just missed making it into the A in Factory 19 by thousands. Rob is driving the new MI2 that he got on thursday before coming to the race.
Hey Luis,

Where are you man?! I've been trying to hunt you down so I can meet you for the last 5 days. I saw your buz card on Toso's pit, shirts everywhere but you are no where to be found.

Anyway for the record, Jared did not run for Fukuyama this time and I believe he ran for Fantom but I'm not sure. We did hang out a lot and we talked everyday. He's still our Fukuyama buddy as always and did an excellent job.

Dan
Old 02-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Default Updates

hey guys,

Sorry I've been away from this board for a week. This Snowbird thing is tolling on all of us and we're trying to catch some zz's when chance permits. Of course I was up mostly hanging out and trying my best to cheer up our guys.

It didn't seemed like we'd even make the Main since our guys were fighting to find the setups and the conditions on the track did change a few times. Not only that but the competition is fierce and had alot to do with car setups. Batteries, motors weren't even the issues since everybody was within hundredeth if not thousandeth of second from each other. From what I know, the CGM is a great car but having only a few days wasn't enough to find a good enough setup for some of our drivers. While our Stock guys, Rob had to built the brand new MI2 a couple of days beforehand, he was struggling mad to get the car to work and didn't happened until the last two qualify. With one qualifier running record time and was at TQ pace but right after the final buzzer sounded during it's final lap, someone turned on his transmitter and got onto his freq and totally disabled the car. Luckily in the last qualifier, Rob managed to pulled it off and got well within the A. I'm telling ya, this guy can drive!! Ran the main and was the fastest car out there. Good job Rob!

Also, a kid named Timmy Heiser got his car stolen from his room and I notice another young man offered to help him by letting him borrowed his car. This was a class act! so after watching him during a couple of practice rounds, during the club race that night, I took him in and gave him a spot in our team. He ran fiercely and did an excellent job! His name is Stephen Sobottka (sp?) and goes by trinityracenut on this forum. Stephen seemed like he'll be our future A-main driver from the looks of his abilities and his personality.

All in all, we had a very decent showing and I guess my presences was a bit of a pressure for the guys. We did manage to do well with only 4 official drivers in 2 A-mains and picking up Stephen during the race. Oh well, till next year and I'm sure more good things will come.

Dan

P.S. Drivers, you guys did your best and I appreciate your efforts!
Old 02-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Dan it was nice to meet you at the Birds, It was outstanding seeing you support all your racers.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by pucho
Fukuyama Racers Jared Scott and Rob Love both made the A at the Snowbirds, Jared in ProMod and Rob in Stock, Jared also just missed making it into the A in Factory 19 by thousands. Rob is driving the new MI2 that he got on thursday before coming to the race.
OOPS! I hate to make a retraction, but I spoke with Jarod and he told me he has since gone back to SMC But never the less he did do well finishing 3rd. It's was the best 3 mains I have seen in a while all close!! You guys should have been there.

Luis
Old 02-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Hey Luis,

Where are you man?! I've been trying to hunt you down so I can meet you for the last 5 days. I saw your buz card on Toso's pit, shirts everywhere but you are no where to be found.

Anyway for the record, Jared did not run for Fukuyama this time and I believe he ran for Fantom but I'm not sure. We did hang out a lot and we talked everyday. He's still our Fukuyama buddy as always and did an excellent job.

Dan
I was back and forth bethween the shop and the race. I was hanging out with A Lo most of the time.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RecordBreaker
Guess you didn't read! $69 bucks, not $90 for a 6 cell 1.17+ battery from Surge.. soon I will compare Surge against Fuk-u-hama or whatever.. till then I won't say as much as a word..

RB
RB,

While I don't have any control over what you post and where you post. I am however saddened that you've chosen to call us names. If this is the only method you know how to become a sponsored driver, I wish both you and your sponsor luck. We at Fukuyama in such short times have ACTUAL proven track records while I believe the other company you've mentioned does not. I could be wrong and wouldn't mind you posting any or all the national stats that may convince others to switch from Fukuyama to the company you've just mentioned. Also, ours are listed on both Rc Xtreme, and RC Car Action. Bare in mind, we have not adertised nor paid them. Just simple fact and stats from our drivers and customers who have continually proven that our stuff works! So far, Clevelands, Gates, Novak, Snowbirds , Reedy Thailand Race of Champions and etc.

Lastly, I'm always looking for good drivers and willing to review any resumes sent my way. So if your up to it, please post those stats and I'll shut up. OK? Thank you.

Dan
Old 02-08-2004, 03:44 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Was nice meeting you this weekend, Dan. To any doubters, Dan and Fukuyama are a class act, and I don't think anyone should hesitate from getting their stuff.

Maybe someday I'll be good enough to convince you to sponsor me. Sadly, this was one heckuva horrible weekend of racing for me!

Have a safe trip home!
Old 02-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Guys,
I've been following this thread for a number of weeks now and if even half of what is being said here is true, then you must be doing something right! So i tought i would try some of your battery's. 2 weeks ago i sent you a mail, through the link on the Fukuyama site, but never got an answer.
Thing is, i would like to order some bats, but can't because they are out of stock. I do understand that you guys were preparing for the Snowbirds, so i'll ask you the same question again. Can I pm any of the Fukuyama guys or ca anyone give me a valid mail adress?

Best Regards
Old 02-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dan, you did a good thing picking up Stephen Sobottka. He is a very friendly guy and a great racer. He has helped me out a few times during some races and I only knew him through the forums at the time. Definately knows his stuff.

So congrats to Stephen and Fukuyama, you can't beat friendly service and fast drivers. Good things will come from this duo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.