Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Looks like I'm gonna have to get one of those moterz
Umm but don't you already have a motor sponsorship?

Hey, Dan...don't worry about the battery packs. I spoke with the kind folks at (you know where hehe) and they'll hook me up. That way you have more "killer" cells for the folks here.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nexus
Fukuyama motor?!?! can't wait!!

Here are some samples I knocked out for the decal/logo. I mainly try and keep things simple...

Dude! that looks awesome! could you do one in bright yellow and green outlined? with a more slanted look going right?

Also, the www.fukuyamaracing.com underneath just in case people wonder where to get it.

Dan
Old 11-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rtypec

Hey, Dan...don't worry about the battery packs. I spoke with the kind folks at (you know where hehe) and they'll hook me up. That way you have more "killer" cells for the folks here.
No problem bro, I just talked to Erika yesterday and she's well aware of it. I had already picked out a couple of packs just in case. If you still need, don't hestitate to ask ok? it's the least I can do. Good luck in Japan and don't forgot those "hot/cold topics" I've mentioned. Shin was so thrilled when I told him the secret on Sunday and I actually blasted his motor and he ran close to near PattT and we all know what patt's got underneath.

Dan
Old 11-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Default California Car Challenge

Guys,

I'm just curious since the teamtitusracing.com race out in Corona is this weekend and its a two day deal. Just wondering how many of our Fukuyama batterie owners will be showing? I'm debating whether to show up or not. Mostly to greet and meet some of you who I've never met. And also some fun parking lot racing. So should I or not?

Dan
Old 11-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You know I'll be there. Come on out. It'll be fun. I'd really like to meet you in person. You can still sign up to race if you wanted.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec

Yeah, I do But I still gotta try one of Dan's
Old 11-12-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

I like the Logos.

I also like the excitement of Fukuyama Motors. They will rock

Good luck everyone and I wish I could make it up to see you Rob, my schedule is a little hectic at the moment with the holidays coming up.

John
Old 11-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
Yeah, I do But I still gotta try one of Dan's
Lol it's like if I were running for Tamiya...I may just try out the new Xray Shaft car when it comes out. It just wouldn't be right unless I was quickly looking for a way to lose my sponsorship speaking of which, one more week before I get to fondle a 415. By the way, congrats on the putnam deal. Todd is from a racing background and he builds motors for one purpose...speed.

Thanks Dan for the offer I appreciate the support. The motor thing is an oldschool trick (my motors used to look like a Saturn V rocket on take off hehe) I didin't know about the battery thing and will have a temp gun handy for the "treatment"
Old 11-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: California Car Challenge

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Guys,

I'm just curious since the teamtitusracing.com race out in Corona is this weekend and its a two day deal. Just wondering how many of our Fukuyama batterie owners will be showing? I'm debating whether to show up or not. Mostly to greet and meet some of you who I've never met. And also some fun parking lot racing. So should I or not?

Dan
If you decide to come, bring some packs as I'm sure that there will be racers that would like to pick some up. (I would)
Old 11-12-2003, 08:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Sorry Dan,

No Calif. Touring Challenge for Buddha. I'll be working on something new that I got on Monday....hee hee hee

Just look at my updated sig....

Buddha
Old 11-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Ya, Dan come down to the challenge race! I need a couple packs too, plus you beat me at the Toyota Cup by seconds and I want a re-match

It should be some fun racing!

Peace,
John G.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got a yokomo bcs charger. Any tips on using it to charge my fukuyama packs? Here's how i charged one pack:

Peak mode
6.0 amps
50 mv cutoff
charge cut-off capacity set to 3600mAh
charge cut-off voltage set at 13.0V

Does this look right? I'd rather just charge at 6 amps and have the charge end when it his the 50 mv cutoff. Any advice on the best use of this thing?
Old 11-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ROAR REGION 12 CARPET CHAMPIONSHIP

Anyone attending the 2003 Roar Region 12 Carpet Championship on Dec. 5 & 6th? at Stockton RC Raceway. Alot of the Cal. big name drivers showed up last year...

I really want to race...unfortunately...it's the same day as my Company Holiday Dinner & Party.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
I just got a yokomo bcs charger. Any tips on using it to charge my fukuyama packs? Here's how i charged one pack:

Peak mode
6.0 amps
50 mv cutoff

Does this look right? I'd rather just charge at 6 amps and have the charge end when it his the 50 mv cutoff. Any advice on the best use of this thing?
Try temp mode, 6.0 amps, 40mv cutoff, temp cutoff 65c

See how it works, may get a little more power, may not...
Old 11-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier

Peak mode
6.0 amps
50 mv cutoff

This all sounds about right, except I would bounce the capacity cut up higher if you can. I get over 3600 on high runtime packs if trayed. You'll prematurely cut it off and not get it up to ideal temps for racing.

Use 6 amps if racing stock and 5 amps for mod for higher runtime.

Adjust your detection based on how the cells heat up at the end...you won't get false peaks at 50mv. You can go higher or lower, it's all flexable. I generally stick between .03 and .05 for 1st peak and .01 for second peak. This is all on a CE GFX.

Good luck and ask if you have any other questions.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.