Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

I would encourage all customers of MurfDogg motors to go up and introduce yourself to Matt. He is a very stand up guy and will tell it to you straight. If his motor does not perform up to standards, please bring it to his attention and he will do his very best to make it right with you. He strives to make his "customers" happy. He won't blame it on bad batteries, bad electronics, if they don't perform like other companies would. If your equipment is up to par, then there is only one culprit. However, I would not asking for driving tips for off-road..... Unless you drive dirt oval......

Good luck to all the customers and "Team" drivers this weekend at Metro. Lets put up some podiums and have a great time.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Matt Murphy eh? Did you make an orange flag and put it on your truck for the first JBRL when you got bumped up?

if so...ive featured you cuz it was cool to watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWT-IBzBYUE

i beleive you're shown at 5:08
Old 05-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Yea, that was him...... We were all shocked that he bumped up...
Old 05-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
Yea, that was him...... We were all shocked that he bumped up...
Well the flag thing made it funner to watch :P
Old 05-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

I agree, it did make it more entertaining to watch. When you see him, ask him what it said on the flag......
Old 05-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

I agree, it did make it more entertaining to watch. When you see him, ask him what it said on the flag......
ah jeez lol...

alright ill ask...if i figure out who he is :P
Old 05-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

I take it you edited your post........ LOL.....

Yes, if the sig threw you off, its me........

If your going up to Metro this weekend, just come find me and I will introduce you to him.....
Old 05-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

dang you saw that haha.

well um...which one are you? Im not sure to be honest haha. From pegasus i remember tall skinny guy with glasses with an earring...now i thought that was steve but i dunno. lol im so clueless.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Yea, the really tall skinny guy with glasses is Steve. The tall fat guy with glasses is me......
Old 05-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Yea, the really tall skinny guy with glasses is Steve. The tall fat guy with glasses is me......
oh okay you call races every now and then at pegasus right? I was there once, you said some hilarious stuff up there. Cool ill maybe hit you guys up this weekend. Ill be pitted in with an EZup that has a big Losi banner hanging from it (the banner isnt mine lol).
Old 05-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

. He won't blame it on bad batteries, bad electronics, if they don't perform like other companies would.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
tall skinny guy with glasses with and earrings...now i thought that was steve but i dunno. lol im so clueless.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Flag

I have been known to fly the flag every now and then... I mean it was a 2 car B-Main... had to spice it up. And you guys just wait, I may surprise you with my driving by the end of the year.... I have actually been club racing 4 wheel mod at Hot Rod, and seem to be pretty consistent...

Syber-
I do not believe that switching to lipo in a buggy will make it a better candidate for a high rpm motor (because of the tradeoff, less voltage, but less weight also), but it may work well. In offroad, you use a different part of the power curve for the majority of your lap than you do in TC racing. The new motor was built, designed, and tested with TC racing in mind. Mid-to-top rpm band power is key in that type of racing, Bottom to mid is key in off road... but keep your fingers crossed, the motor may just be the hot ticket for offroad as well...

See you all at Metro!

The MurfDogg
Old 05-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am the guy that is sitting at the Portable Motor Lab keeping everyones motors in Top Racing Condition. I am always busy working on someones motors....

woh, dude! side note! i just caught a fly with my bare hand! thats a sign, all this practicing is improving my hand eye coordination! Better not blowout in your qualifiers, or i may just be racing with ya in the 4wd mod lower mains!!!

The MurfDogg
Old 05-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

thanks again for the info Mr.MurfDogg! You (and the Axiom guys) have been very helpful with info on this motor (unlike a few other places where i asked...) and its greatly appreciated. Really says alot of good about MurfDogg motors imo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.