Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Touche'!!!!!
McGoo you need a new setup
Old 12-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Chicky,

Got the tires yesterday, thanks man! See ya in two weeks.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Chicky -

Didn't get the tires yesterday, thanks man! See ya in two weeks.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brad, your so fast you don't need tires
Old 12-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Brad doesnt use tires Mike....they 're just painted to look like PARMA foam...they're actually drift rims.....lol.

Hey Guys Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Happy to be a part of PARMA's team.....see everyone in 08.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the new Pro 53's where the sidewall wants to roll up and rip off the rim. I'm running magentas all the way around on a Type-R, using a popular setup. One of our local drivers has suggested that more camber should help, and I've run between 2 to 2.5, but I'm still having trouble. When I go to 2.5, the inside of the tire wears faster than the outside, but the problem persists.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with how I'm preparing the tires. I've never seen any proper info on what kind of radius to put on the edge when rounding the side walls. I generally try to keep it fairly slight, which I thought was the right idea, but I'm not certain. Otherwise, I generally start the tires around 58, and I sand the edges so that foam isn't hanging over the edge of the wheel. I try not to glue the interface between the tire and wheel, since it seems impossible to keep the glue from not getting too far into the sidewall when the tires are that small. Plus, this doesn't seem to help. When the side walls peel, there' still a little foam left on the wheel, so I don't think there's an issue with the glue process.

As far as driving goes, I don't think I'm being overly aggressive, and try to keep my dual-rate down and only use as much steering throw as I need. I'm not a complete hack, and can usually manage to avoid the boards most of the time. I had similar trouble with the Jaco Prisms, though it wasn't nearly as drastic, and usually only after a week or two near the end of the tire's life. With the Pro 53's, it's been happening on the first or second run. I never had this problem with the older, smaller wheel Parmas, or any other brand for that matter.

Even though I'm not racing foams as often anymore, I still like to run them on occasion. Unfortunately, this thing with tires has taken a lot of the joy out of racing foams. Since so many people seem like they're not having trouble, I can only assume that it must be something I'm doing wrong. The trouble is, while I'm not some pro, I'm certainly no noob, and I've had a lot of frustration with this. Any suggestions you guys could give would be great. Thank you.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the new Pro 53's where the sidewall wants to roll up and rip off the rim. I'm running magentas all the way around on a Type-R, using a popular setup. One of our local drivers has suggested that more camber should help, and I've run between 2 to 2.5, but I'm still having trouble. When I go to 2.5, the inside of the tire wears faster than the outside, but the problem persists.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with how I'm preparing the tires. I've never seen any proper info on what kind of radius to put on the edge when rounding the side walls. I generally try to keep it fairly slight, which I thought was the right idea, but I'm not certain. Otherwise, I generally start the tires around 58, and I sand the edges so that foam isn't hanging over the edge of the wheel. I try not to glue the interface between the tire and wheel, since it seems impossible to keep the glue from not getting too far into the sidewall when the tires are that small. Plus, this doesn't seem to help. When the side walls peel, there' still a little foam left on the wheel, so I don't think there's an issue with the glue process.

As far as driving goes, I don't think I'm being overly aggressive, and try to keep my dual-rate down and only use as much steering throw as I need. I'm not a complete hack, and can usually manage to avoid the boards most of the time. I had similar trouble with the Jaco Prisms, though it wasn't nearly as drastic, and usually only after a week or two near the end of the tire's life. With the Pro 53's, it's been happening on the first or second run. I never had this problem with the older, smaller wheel Parmas, or any other brand for that matter.

Even though I'm not racing foams as often anymore, I still like to run them on occasion. Unfortunately, this thing with tires has taken a lot of the joy out of racing foams. Since so many people seem like they're not having trouble, I can only assume that it must be something I'm doing wrong. The trouble is, while I'm not some pro, I'm certainly no noob, and I've had a lot of frustration with this. Any suggestions you guys could give would be great. Thank you.
had the same thing happen to me do they look like this ? I hope i don't have it happen at the novak I may need to go to 10.5 rubber ..what mine did is 2 of the 4 started peeling 1 frt and 1 rear so,I assume it was 2 from the same box I have 17 new in the box still..parma said they would take care of it
Attached Thumbnails Parma/PSE Racing Products-dscf0824.jpg  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys....had the same issue for a while but I figured out that once they get down to around 56.5mm its hard to keep em on the rim. What I did was round the edge A LOT almost to where there was no sidewall. Didnt seem to effect handling at all...actually freed the car up a little making it better. Now other then hitting things I havent had any probs with em.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Customworksking
had the same thing happen to me do they look like this ? I hope i don't have it happen at the novak I may need to go to 10.5 rubber ..what mine did is 2 of the 4 started peeling 1 frt and 1 rear so,I assume it was 2 from the same box I have 17 new in the box still..parma said they would take care of it
Same idea, but mine aren't that clean. My rims aren't white underneath, so it seems like the foam is tearing, not rolling off. The textture on your wheels is weird, though, almost as if something grinded the foam off. I'm not really after new tires though, just a solution. Even if tires were free, I'd be irritated, because it's a lot of work to prepare them, and they're getting ruined in a few runs.

I'm with you on the rubbers, but I'd like to keep a foam tire car around and ready for those times when the competition in rubber is too thin.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Lord

Also, Merry Christmas. Sorry to come here with a complaint right before the holidays. It was just fresh on my mind since I raced foams for the first time in a while yesterday. :-)
Old 12-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Same idea, but mine aren't that clean. My rims aren't white underneath, so it seems like the foam is tearing, not rolling off. The textture on your wheels is weird, though, almost as if something grinded the foam off. I'm not really after new tires though, just a solution. Even if tires were free, I'd be irritated, because it's a lot of work to prepare them, and they're getting ruined in a few runs.

I'm with you on the rubbers, but I'd like to keep a foam tire car around and ready for those times when the competition in rubber is too thin.
kid of weird @ 1st the foam would bubble up like b4 it rolled off the rim...I'm only after new 1s because of the Novak race and the fact I have 17 new Pr's
Old 12-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of the Team, Lets make '08 even better
Old 12-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Happy Holidays to the Parma crew.

I always take a file to the edge of the seem (foam to rim) to make it nice and flush, this seems to eliminate my wheels from peeling, it would be worth trying if you havn't yet.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

syndr0me,

You should round them enough so there is a nice round edge. Did you ever try that one suggestion I PM'd you about? I'm fairly certain it will help. I have used hundreds of these tires and the only time I've ever had them peel was when there was a setup issue. More angled camber links decrease camber regression (tire leaning to the outside) and will stop the car from using the sidewalls as aggressively.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
syndr0me,

You should round them enough so there is a nice round edge. Did you ever try that one suggestion I PM'd you about? I'm fairly certain it will help. I have used hundreds of these tires and the only time I've ever had them peel was when there was a setup issue. More angled camber links decrease camber regression (tire leaning to the outside) and will stop the car from using the sidewalls as aggressively.
I totally forgot, because I got so involved running rubber shortly afterward. Sorry! :-( Thanks for the help guys. I probably won't run foams again until I move, but I'll try out the suggestions made to me and report back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.