Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
And then in 13.5 4wd I tq'd and put in a SICK battle me and well I wont say his name but we were never more then a second from each other the whole race till the last two laps....well this is what the annoucer said "Zack has him in the infield but just cant keep up on the straight..." well I found out after the race that the "other" guy had a 10.5 in his car, and RB gave it the ok??? But that is ok I know what should have been and had a great time, thanks Scott and all of Banzai for an awesome weekend.
Thats kinda a bummer Zack, but at least you know he was running a faster motor and you where still faster on most of the track. Next time I guess. Kinda surprized there is no tech either.

Good showing guys see ya at round 7.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Company Representative

Yep, see you at Pegasus Bud

Scott
Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Josh why were you not there?

And Phil, be proud of Alex, cuz when he didnt break the car he was onnnnnnnnnnn it! haha
Old 09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

[QUOTE=AE 14year-old;6289236]Thanks Josh why were you not there?
QUOTE]

I just had a lot going on so it just didnt work out.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
And Phil, be proud of Alex, cuz when he didnt break the car he was onnnnnnnnnnn it! haha
When he didn't break He didn't break anything the whole weekend, practice doesn't count. He did some 2wd buggy last night at OC/RC. He ran a mod motor, was leading the main, then something went kaput, not sure what. Good to see you Zack.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Thats what I meant practice, hey your the one that kept making comments about it hahhahahaha.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Company Representative

Old 09-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

HAHA Thats what im talking about Scott....next one, Reedy Truck Race Report Headlines Banzaimotors.com???? Thats what im thinking!!!

Phil, Alex was saying he might run that race is this true???
Old 09-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hi All, last night Alex was running on-road at OC/RC (carpet) with his Hot Bodies (picture Fez here) sedan with the 2.0 Pro ESC. Who can give us some info on set-up ? We have our original Banzai 13.5 brushless, do we fool with the advanced timing ? if so, what is the proper setting ? I am sure once the new motors are available (here yet ?), the setting may change again. If we are using the Advanced timing, do you change your gearing ? I would think not. Help !!!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Phil, email sent with help. I will try to retype the instructions

and post them here also. Will probably help others too.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Thank MoM, I should have known you were looking over my shoulder. Have a great Labor Day weekend, hopefully it's getting cooler.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I dont know if this is the place to post this, but since there was a minor discussion about the topic and i know you guys are all great supporters of zack, i thought i would chime in.

First of all, im sorry Zack, if you feel cheated out of a win at all. I heard you were pretty bummed out. I have heard a few people talk about our situation in 4wd SS and i just want to clear the air a bit. From what i was told, the 4wd ss class was thrown together last minute. I did not plan on running 4wd but I was asked to run in the class because they were short a car. I did not have another 13.5 motor as i was running it in 2 wheel. I was given a 10.5 to use and was told it was fine. I really didnt think anything of it at the time. Looking back on it now, everyone should have been given the option to run the same motor if i was allowed to do so.

The race was an epic battle throughout almost the whole thing. Zack and i were talking about it for quite a while after the race was over and saying how much fun the race was. I hope we have another battle like that in the future and i hope there are no hard feelings. It truly was an awesome race.

Zack, if you would like the invisible first place trophy, i would be more than happy to give it to you

(if any of the banzai reps would like this removed from the thread, id be happy to edit this to blank reply or have a mod remove it)
Old 09-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by no passenger
I dont know if this is the place to post this, but since there was a minor discussion about the topic and i know you guys are all great supporters of zack, i thought i would chime in.

First of all, im sorry Zack, if you feel cheated out of a win at all. I heard you were pretty bummed out. I have heard a few people talk about our situation in 4wd SS and i just want to clear the air a bit. From what i was told, the 4wd ss class was thrown together last minute. I did not plan on running 4wd but I was asked to run in the class because they were short a car. I did not have another 13.5 motor as i was running it in 2 wheel. I was given a 10.5 to use and was told it was fine. I really didnt think anything of it at the time. Looking back on it now, everyone should have been given the option to run the same motor if i was allowed to do so.

The race was an epic battle throughout almost the whole thing. Zack and i were talking about it for quite a while after the race was over and saying how much fun the race was. I hope we have another battle like that in the future and i hope there are no hard feelings. It truly was an awesome race.

Zack, if you would like the invisible first place trophy, i would be more than happy to give it to you

(if any of the banzai reps would like this removed from the thread, id be happy to edit this to blank reply or have a mod remove it)
Good morning, this is Brent, right? This is as good a place as any to chime in. As far as Zack feeling like he was cheated goes, I don't blame him. He lives in Bakersfield and goes to OCRC and supports when ever he can. That's a long haul. This wasn't the Nationals, but the entry fee was a little pricey, and he and everyone else, deserve to get what they pay for and that was 13.3/19T Super Stock 4wd, not "What ever 'ya brung". Even Charlie the announcer commented on the difference in straightaway speed. Whoever,(RB), gave you that 10.5 and told you it was OK to run shows he didn't care about anything else other than collecting entry money. This kind of thing has gone on before and my money will be spent elsewhere. It was a good race and we will never know how it would have turned out if the playing field were different. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but it's not the trophy.

Scott
Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Brent, im not really mad or anything more bummed kinda...but not as much at you then OCRC because there is never tech or anything at that the 10.5 got the ok, then hey i would have ran one because that track well there was some spots where you can use the difference of a 10.5 to a 13.5 haha its not even a big deal now...i threw my invisible trophy away anyways hahahaha.

I was upset then, but now im not even worried, to be honest its just made me practice a tad bit harder to get ready for the Reedy Truck Race.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hahha... invisible trophies ftw!

Well im glad to hear you feel that way now and everything is all good between us. I do agree there should have been tech at the race.

What classes are you running at the truck race? I will see you out there! Hopefully well have epic battle round 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.