Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Mom did you get my e mail
Old 04-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, we got it! Good picture of Scott's truck!
THANKS!!

He's on his way to Rod's in case anyone wants to join

him up there! Gonna be hot, it's already in the 90's !
Old 04-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Mom,
The cells that blew up in the kitchen were 4200 nimhs the old style cell, so that really does not count because everyone had problem with those cells. You made it sound like I was a rookie!!!!! I have not had a problem since that day. In fact my packs are just getting faster and faster and the Slingshot 4500's, whew they are dialed. I do not have any complaints what so ever!!!!!

Jeremy
Old 04-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Gosh, Billy and I were joking about charging batteries
on the patio! Everybody gets in a tizzy!

NO Hase, far from a rookie, I don't use that word though,
I use Novice!

You can all relax, batteries are fine and I'm sure Billy is too!
Old 04-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Batteries are too "fragile" a topic for this thread.

Lets get back to motors.

Scott-- How did the new BL stuff work in the hot weather at HRH today!
Old 04-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

He just got home and went straight to bed!

A little worn out, too much fun in the sun!

Alex was winning the race, but he broke, and Daniel

won. Daniel ran 10.5 and then Jesse was running a

6.5 in his races. Everything ran cool, no heat issues,

in fact I think they went up a bit in gearing.

Good test with temperatures outside in the high 90's,

the news said it was 97 deg. in Santa Clarita.

Scott can post details tomorrow!

Last edited by BanzaiMom; 04-26-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Great outing

Banzai Mom and others,

Jason and I had a great time yesterday at the Hobbytown Nats in Tallahassee Florida.
Mother Nature shorten the event just two qualifers, but it was enough for people to take notice of Jason and his racing skills.

Jason ran the stock bug, 19t Trck and 4wd Mod.
In the buggy class we had radio issues in the first Qual and was not able to complete a lap, but he came back in the 2nd one and captured the 4th Q out of 7 or 8 guys. And I think he was zero'd in on at least one of the guys and might have capture a podium position in the main.

In 19T we wanted to hold the Banzia powered until the 2nd Q and main. which in hindsight I'm not sure was the best choice. He came in 6 out of 7 in the 1st Q, and the under Banzia power he screamed up to 3rd only .5 seconds from 2nd position. The way the truck was hooking up and the way Jason was taking a triple into a double was SCARY awesome!

Then in 4wd drive well ... it was like a Jason driving clinic. Only three guys entered and Jason was playing cat and mouse with them in the 1st Q. which allowed another guy to beat him, but in the 2nd Q he beat them both.

So anyways ... Banzai Nation is strong within us over here and I look forward to expanding our Banzai motor collection very soon.
Plus Marcus is going to sit down with me and give me few more pointers on motor prep to help us out even more.

-Drew
Old 04-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey all...just wanted to drop a line about my fun at racing last nite..

2nd week on the dirt oval, and this time I took the TQ - but 2 laps over the 2nd Qualifier I got faster and faster each run - but traffic cost me a win

Mains went off and I had more than enough power to cover the field, unfortunately, I got caught up behind a 4 car pile-up and the marshall couldn't get to me until the leader lapped me

Oh well, i ended up 2nd - but still had fun...even got to see a "show" from some hot-head who foulled a glow plug and then threw his $1k+ LST into his truck...very entertaining but scary all the same

Thanks for all the power Banzai is doing well on the dirt oval in NJ
Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Company Representative

k_bojar and JAM'n_07, thanks for the reports

Had a fun day at Hotrod's yesterday and got a little more testing in. We adjusted Daniel's pinion, in his Losi 4wd, one up from where Casper told him to start and that appeared to be pretty good. The temps after about 5 min were in the 145-150 range. He said the torque was unbelievable and pull down the back straight, WOW!

Jesse had a 6.5 in his T4 and was a little off on his gear by about 3 teeth. He was still thinking brushed After I convinced him into more gear, we went through the progamming of the GT 1.1, and threw her on the track and all he could say was how much power he had and how drivable it was. He came off at about 146 deg. We might be able to adjust his gearing, but we left it alone for now.

A lot of people were looking, who have run the other BL motors and systems, and were quite impressed. These will only improve as we learn and get more comfortable with them. All I can say is look out
Old 04-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Great news Scott! Glad everything worked out. The gearing I Gave Daniel was intended to be a starting point since I was not sure out the XXX4 would like more gearing. Always a good idea to start conservative and go up. These motors are great. I am itching to get out there and get some more racing in on them!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Casper
Great news Scott! Glad everything worked out. The gearing I Gave Daniel was intended to be a starting point since I was not sure out the XXX4 would like more gearing. Always a good idea to start conservative and go up. These motors are great. I am itching to get out there and get some more racing in on them!
It was a good starting point and might have been able to go one more, but we left well enough alone Thanks

Scott
Old 04-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Phil, that was a heart-stopper for my Cavs, but

they got it done!!

I'm rooting for your Suns, they're coming up next!

Yep, I'm working the remote between b-ball games

and the race!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Mom,
At last the Suns won a game and your right, the Cav's pulled one out in DC. All the Suns have to do is win (1) more. They can't look at having to win 3. It's just like qualifying in the "C" main. to bumpity bump to the "A". you 1st have to win the "C", then the "B", then you can worry about the "A" main.

Scott, Alex and I enjoyed the day out at Hot Rod's, too many 1/8 nitro's. Alex and I took a trip today over to the new indoor track Robert Black is doing and he is doing it right, the place will be huge witha hobby store included. the track size will be nice and the place will be very clean.

Let's hope it cools down soon.

Phil A.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Company Representative

Phil: Yeah, those 1/8 scale nitros make a racket, don't they It sounds like Robert is doing a good job. I know a lot of people are really getting excited. It will be great for all the old So Cal guys being close for them. I already "Mapquested" and it's only about 40 miles for me. Not bad.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Mom-- How are you guys doing with the Sierra Madre fire. That is just down the street from you guys right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.