Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

We went camping for years when the kids were little,

they loved it! Now, I INSIST on a motel!!

Been there, done that, it was fun, now time for "comfort" !

Glad you didn't break anything!

We spent most of the week-end at the track, well, I guess

half the week-end!!

Really good picture Ebi posted , huh?

Thanks Ebi!!

Judi
Old 05-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not really related, but if anyone knows anyone who would want to buy a SBV2 pro academy buggy, please see http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165354

I don't mind shipping to the US... just dont know the price on shipping at the moment...
Old 05-29-2007, 07:09 AM
FBR
Tech Adept

Guys I hate to do this but I have to pull my offer to let the team drop ship to my house for the mod nats I leave tomorrow for a business trip to san antonio and won't be back in town until june 17th
sorry
travis
Old 05-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Scott,

Yeah I was excited for Casey. He needed that win in so many ways. I can't wait to hear from him. You could really tell it was emotional for him. It's funny for me seeing him on TV like that cause I just have this memory of this little kid that I grew up around. He really is a great kid/Man. Unlike some of the guys in that series he really is genuine and appriciates where he is.

Talk to you soon.

Greg
Old 05-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

For those who are interested "The Moving Wall" Vietnam memorial will be in Redlands Ca from My 31st to June 4 at Sylvan park. The memorial is open 24 hours and is a half scale replica of the actual wall in D.C.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Company Representative

Thanks for the info James. I saw it a few years ago, when it came through. It's a little overwhelming, especially when I was there.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wasn't going to say anything but I've already received a phone call about our situation with Banzai Motors. I want to set the record strait about what happened with Banzai and our family.

Kyle, Ashley and I were cut from the team this morning. It took all of us by surprise because we have always gone out of our way to be positive representatives of Banzai. I think all of you would agree with that. Though Kyle is fairly new to R/C car racing, he is an accomplished motocross racer who understands "racing." As a former Arenacross main event winner and pro motocross racer, I understand racing too. I have also raced R/C cars since 1982 and have placed in the A-Main in the ROAR off-road modified nationals. I wound motors for a company named RevTech, which was bought out by Trinity. I tell you this because I understand racing and racing progression.

Kyle has pretty much done all he needs to do in stock racing. He is now a mod driver. While Kyle is racing both 19T classes at the ROAR off-road electric nats, he is also racing mod truck. Recently ROAR announced an exhibition class at the nats that would consist of brushless/li-po mod trucks doing 20 minute mains. We thought that would be a lot of FUN so Kyle signed up for it. I had an old, original Reedy 2 star motor from before we ran for Banzai that we put in his truck for a qualifier at the last JBRL. Kyle has never run a mod brushless motor and since the nats are less than a month away, he wanted to see if it would work and if it was competitive. I thought so little of the situation that I didn't feel I even needed to ask Judi or Scott if it was OK. That apparently did not go over well. Without a contract that states what is required of a driver and what the do's and dont's are, I had NO IDEA this was a bad thing to do. In fact, when we first started running for Banzai I was told not to throw any old motors out and to use them up. Believe me, if I thought I was doing anything wrong, I would not have done it! I am a black and white kind of guy.

I had no idea Judi and Scott have such resentment of ROAR and are upset that we are going to the electric nats! In fact, Judi told me today that Kyle is a Rookie and should still be racing the in the Rookie class. For some reason, especially since he was the top AE driver in the factory mod truck class at the Losi Race, I don't think that is true.

Kyle has only received one motor he hasn't paid for. He has only one mod that runs and that's not a way to go to the mod nats. He was told he was a 100% driver, even for mods, but when he tried to order three new motors for the upcoming Summer of racing, he was cut from the team. Judi said she would not use her assets to help make Kyle fast. That is a quote.

Anyway, I'm sure they have their reasons and maybe they are different than what I have written but this is what I was told. I remember all the rumors that were floating around when the last driver was cut and I don't want inaccurate information circulating around the Banzai camp. I have no regrets about our relationship and no hard feelings with Scott or Judi. They wanted different things out of Kyle and wanted him to stay a rookie. As his father and coach, I think differently. Anyway, we'll be powered with the deadly Slingshot/AE/LRP brushless combo for the future and look forward to a great future with all of our good friends we made while running Banzai Motors.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Company Representative

That's the great thing about this country, we have freedom
of speech and freedom of the press. You can write, print
and "hear" what you want to.

We all wish you the best of luck and hope you reach
your goals.

Scott, Judi and Jason

Last edited by BanzaiScott; 05-29-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Scott.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BanzaiScott
Thanks for the info James. I saw it a few years ago, when it came through. It's a little overwhelming, especially when I was there.
Yes I agree on the overwhelming part. I seen it 7 years ago and dint expect to be so emotional.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Good luck at mod nats Chris/Kyle/Ashley! Go kick some butt in that BL/L class, should be alot of fun. If you can beat me in mod truck at socal, you should be able to at least win the worlds, so you should be set for these nats.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

We have left the thread up for hours now and not posted, you

have all had a chance to read it. You are welcome to pay

for your own forum for all other comments, just as we do.

This forum is for our customers and Team drivers, and anyone

who needs help. End of subject.

Greg, got your email, hope you can convince Craig to

"come out of retirement! " I miss James too, he was just too

young to pass-away! Painted some great bodies!

Judi
Old 05-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Ok so what is the next big race. I know nats are coming up. More important the shootout is around the corner. Just 6 weeks away.

Lets start a roll call to see who all will be at the shootout!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

LiveRC.com will be broadcasting the race live so family and friends can watch you race! I personally can hardly wait!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Company Representative

Me. I'm runnin' over 40 10 Turn. I have to get a room yet at the Pink (Brown) Palace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.