Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Xerun XR8SCT + Xerun 3652 G2 : Timing but not turbo? >

Xerun XR8SCT + Xerun 3652 G2 : Timing but not turbo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xerun XR8SCT + Xerun 3652 G2 : Timing but not turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Xerun XR8SCT + Xerun 3652 G2 : Timing but not turbo?

Hello everybody,
I just purchase this combo and I find something very strange:
HW advertises that when the ESC is combined with one of their motor, it can work in "full sensored" mode. In this mode, you can set the Boost timing value (but only the degrees, not the start RPM like XR10) but you don't have access to Turbo. When you pick the other mode "Sensored/Sensorless Hybrid", you can set up the turbo but you don't have access to the boost timing anymore.

The second case seems normal to me as you need a sensor to properly apply the boost timing (even if the parameter is not available, it is probably based on RPM), but why in the first case we don't have access to Turbo timing?

What's the point here?
Old 01-28-2023, 08:46 AM
Tech Rookie

The "full sensored" mode is designed to work with a sensor on the motor, which allows for precise control of the boost timing. This mode is intended for use with motors that have a sensor, and it does not allow for the use of turbo timing because the sensor provides enough information for the ESC to adjust the timing as needed.

The "Sensored/Sensorless Hybrid" mode is designed to work with both sensors and sensorless motors. This mode allows for the use of turbo timing, but not boost timing, because the sensorless operation does not provide the same level of precision as a sensor-equipped motor. The reason the boost timing is not available in this mode is because it relies on the motor's sensor to provide the necessary information to adjust the timing correctly.

In short, the "full sensored" mode is designed for use with motors that have sensors and the "Sensored/Sensorless Hybrid" mode is designed for use with both sensors and sensorless motors. The boost timing is only available when sensor is used and The turbo timing is only available when sensorless operation is used.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:09 AM
Tech Rookie

I've been watching for about 4 months just got into it first esc XR8plus combo 2250kv in a Buggy.. Never did I realise how much faster they go with correct timing and pinion. It takes time to gain experience what I run on my cars now (winter) was set in summer so never a problem with temps. Yeah theres alot to learn,, You MAKE it easier..Thx Charles mi'boy..