Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

does the steering link for the DEX210 and DESC210 come with hardward? or is it just the link
Old 07-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cripplethreat
does the steering link for the DEX210 and DESC210 come with hardward? or is it just the link
I believe we discussed this via email. No hardware included.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Official Release of the Diggity Designs DC4 LE Associated TC4 Conversion Kit

Official release of the Diggity Designs DC4 LE - conversion kit for the Team Associated TC4. Limited edition and individually numbered to only 50 kits. More info on the website. Here are a couple of sample pictures -

http://www.diggitydesigns.com/produc...signs_DC4.html

Old 07-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That looks great
Old 07-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

only 50
Old 07-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The DC4 looks really good! I wonder how it compares to the modern belt cars.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hopper99
only 50
for the time, indeed
Old 07-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Well, I ran a prototype this winter at our indoor track. Medium traction rubber tire 17.5 blinky class. I am very quick with my Xray T4 belt car, myself and a couple others (Mike Slaughter and Andrew Knapp) are on the same pace, top 3 every weekend. The prototype with only a TC4 club racer for donor parts to convert it (meaning plastic clip shocks, no sway bars, no roll center adjustments, etc) was only a couple of seconds off of the normal pace. That was super impressive! Our indoor track closes for summer months and I don't have a track to test with new shocks, roll center adj, sway bars etc but my intuition tells me it will be on pace for sure.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Honestly in the last 10 years the fundamentals haven't changed much. I have measured a 10+ year old Pro 4 and it has the same geometry as a TCX. Same goes for the Tamiya series. They have won the last 3 worlds with the same plastics and geometry and before that the Cyclone with the same geometry that Tamiya gives a nod too.

And the kicker is that they all owe their baseline geometry to the TC3!

All the refinements these days comes from flex and weight distribution (see Raceberry). Side by side belt TCs will never be able to match a shaft car for lateral moment of inertia. The fore and aft weight distribution is much better as well with a longitudinal motor.

With the option chassis that Diggity offers and throw in a motor spacer you will have huge options!

Mike Slaughter
Old 07-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diggity

Well, I ran a prototype this winter at our indoor track. Medium traction rubber tire 17.5 blinky class. I am very quick with my Xray T4 belt car, myself and a couple others (Mike Slaughter and Andrew Knapp) are on the same pace, top 3 every weekend. The prototype with only a TC4 club racer for donor parts to convert it (meaning plastic clip shocks, no sway bars, no roll center adjustments, etc) was only a couple of seconds off of the normal pace. That was super impressive! Our indoor track closes for summer months and I don't have a track to test with new shocks, roll center adj, sway bars etc but my intuition tells me it will be on pace for sure.
Was this indoor carpet or asphalt? I'm interested for VTA, and might try it in 17.5 (comparing it to my awesomatix). I really enjoy running shaft drive but not sure I can afford to run another A700. I don't have a TC4, but if I can find a decent deal, and add this kit, it's definitely a viable option. I have a pair of Tamiya shocks I could use, the other parts I can get as my shop will get anything I want. I'm assuming the best place to add weight on this chassis is under the shaft, but without pics with electronics in, its hard to tell where weight could be added for VTA (any ideas?). Our track is typically medium to high bite carpet (80'x36'). The only time its low bite is right after switching back from offroad and the jumps come up. Any input would be great.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Testing was on indoor carpet (in Grand Rapids, MI)

...I'm thinking one of these would look good in my pit area...

Denney
Old 07-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
Was this indoor carpet or asphalt? I'm interested for VTA, and might try it in 17.5 (comparing it to my awesomatix). I really enjoy running shaft drive but not sure I can afford to run another A700. I don't have a TC4, but if I can find a decent deal, and add this kit, it's definitely a viable option. I have a pair of Tamiya shocks I could use, the other parts I can get as my shop will get anything I want. I'm assuming the best place to add weight on this chassis is under the shaft, but without pics with electronics in, its hard to tell where weight could be added for VTA (any ideas?). Our track is typically medium to high bite carpet (80'x36'). The only time its low bite is right after switching back from offroad and the jumps come up. Any input would be great.
Testing was on indoor carpet, medium bite. I have a couple pics of the prototype with electronics in it, see below. The main area for adding weight is in the centerline as well as at the corners.

Our race season starts in a couple of months and I will be testing and posting setups and helpful tips. Im hoping that others who are buying these kits will chime in and share any info as well.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by masterhit
and throw in a motor spacer

Mike Slaughter
Please elaborate
Old 07-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Denney
Testing was on indoor carpet (in Grand Rapids, MI)

...I'm thinking one of these would look good in my pit area...

Denney
Yes it would... We will have a Diggity/Xray corner this season.. haha..

Better make a decision quickly, they are selling at a good rate!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diggity
Please elaborate
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1817

Mike Slaughter
Attached Thumbnails Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-54129.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.