Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Camber on RC Cars (Tamiya TT01) >

Camber on RC Cars (Tamiya TT01)

Camber on RC Cars (Tamiya TT01)

Old 04-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Camber on RC Cars (Tamiya TT01)

Hey guys!

I'm really new to this forum so bear with me. Basically, I have a school project for which I am researching about how the camber of the rc car affects its top speed and its battery efficiency. The car I have is a TT01 EB (Beginner car as I am new to this) and I wanted to know what modifications I may have to make to the tie rods and front axle to be able to have negative camber, at least up to -5. (Not sure if thats too much to ask) (Enlighten me please).

Also, are there any pros out there who modify their cars and meet up regularly to drive around? I would really appreciate it if you guys could let me drop by someday to just chat with you guys and learn more about this awesome hobby.

Really appreciate any advice guys! Thank you in advance
Old 04-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Siddyboy
Hey guys!

I'm really new to this forum so bear with me. Basically, I have a school project for which I am researching about how the camber of the rc car affects its top speed and its battery efficiency. The car I have is a TT01 EB (Beginner car as I am new to this) and I wanted to know what modifications I may have to make to the tie rods and front axle to be able to have negative camber, at least up to -5. (Not sure if thats too much to ask) (Enlighten me please).

Also, are there any pros out there who modify their cars and meet up regularly to drive around? I would really appreciate it if you guys could let me drop by someday to just chat with you guys and learn more about this awesome hobby.

Really appreciate any advice guys! Thank you in advance
if ur's is a vanilla tt01, then u need this to play with the camber.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53674

the stock tt01 upper arms is fixed, and no camber adjustment can be made.

also note that excessive camber can cause uneven tyre wear and tear. for my personal preference, i mainly had my front in 1 degree, rear in 1.5 to 2 degree max.

cheers
Old 04-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by viktozzz
if ur's is a vanilla tt01, then u need this to play with the camber.

the stock tt01 upper arms is fixed, and no camber adjustment can be made.

also note that excessive camber can cause uneven tyre wear and tear. for my personal preference, i mainly had my front in 1 degree, rear in 1.5 to 2 degree max.

cheers
Hey thanks for your reply. I am actually doing this for an experiment so I am intentionally going to change the camber. I am also planning to change the toe so would the upper arm set work for that as well?

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Hey thanks for your reply. I am actually doing this for an experiment so I am intentionally going to change the camber. I am also planning to change the toe so would the upper arm set work for that as well?

Thanks!
u need this to change the toe.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radi...-tie-rod-53662
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

u need this to change the toe.
Hey man thanks! One question I don't really know what a Vanilla TT01 is? I have a TT01 XB is this vanilla?

Thanks again
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey man thanks! One question I don't really know what a Vanilla TT01 is? I have a TT01 XB is this vanilla?

Thanks again
Old 04-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks again
Yup

The tt01 xb is a vanilla version

There's a dedicated tt01 thread in the electric on road section. Many things for u to read and explore.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Yup

The tt01 xb is a vanilla version

There's a dedicated tt01 thread in the electric on road section. Many things for u to read and explore.
Okay thanks! I have already posted in that section, got some good responses and advice