Wiki Posts
Search

nitro or electric faster

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dtm: i did not forget, it just wasn't a concern

if the BL ESC is not tailor-tuned to the motor specs in design, yes throttle response is crap, i've seen it myself...

but no longer a problem with the BL system i've tried, tested & proven too... a few months of local testing in co-operation with the BL factory previously resolved it

Last edited by Bryan Thng; 07-24-2002 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2002, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No problems with my brushless, in fact I find it more responsive than my V7.1, more sensitive to minor movement in throttle i.e. more steps. Only problem is that there is a lag when 1 st starting, the esc finding the correct position of the pole, and when you spin, it will do that again, time varies from less than a second to about 2 second (spin out and car in opposite position). In fact I think the acceleration is just fantastic especially with a HV. IF you are gonna get a brushless, get the hotest and try a bit of throttle control!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

yea .. i hope to join u all too ...
timing just isn't right tho ...
Old 07-25-2002, 02:49 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Bryan Thng
dtm: i did not forget, it just wasn't a concern

if the BL ESC is not tailor-tuned to the motor specs in design, yes throttle response is crap, i've seen it myself...

but no longer a problem with the BL system i've tried, tested & proven too... a few months of local testing in co-operation with the BL factory previously resolved it
Which BL do you have. Mine is the Modeltech B47S. The ESC is just a development of the GM BL ESC!
Old 07-25-2002, 02:51 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by spawn
No problems with my brushless, in fact I find it more responsive than my V7.1, more sensitive to minor movement in throttle i.e. more steps. Only problem is that there is a lag when 1 st starting, the esc finding the correct position of the pole, and when you spin, it will do that again, time varies from less than a second to about 2 second (spin out and car in opposite position). In fact I think the acceleration is just fantastic especially with a HV. IF you are gonna get a brushless, get the hotest and try a bit of throttle control!!!
what you are describing is "crap" throttle response....
Old 07-25-2002, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm

Which BL do you have. Mine is the Modeltech B47S. The ESC is just a development of the GM BL ESC!
Development ESC?? not final commercial version?? mine is the GM speed commander, got it from someone at a good price and evo 1 motor. Understand the modeltech motors are actually hackers b47 = 7turn brushless.

Why crap? explain about the throttle experience
Old 07-25-2002, 05:41 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by spawn

Development ESC?? not final commercial version?? mine is the GM speed commander, got it from someone at a good price and evo 1 motor. Understand the modeltech motors are actually hackers b47 = 7turn brushless.

Why crap? explain about the throttle experience
No, I mean the Modeltech ESC is actually the same as the GM but "probably" running a different software. thus the "development".

Low speed throttle response is "delayed". We are probably talking about less than 0.5s here but it is enough to fool you into thinking that you need more power to get out of a turn. Therefore, it becomes very hard to hold the line that you really want to, with a car set up right changing lanes during the corner is all in throttle finger! With the guys that I run with you only have to give them one car width and they have past you, holding and changing lines is very important!

The standing still pick up is also really bad!!

The mid-top end acceleration is very good, but it is the low end which is bad!
Old 07-25-2002, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm

No, I mean the Modeltech ESC is actually the same as the GM but "probably" running a different software. thus the "development".

Low speed throttle response is "delayed". We are probably talking about less than 0.5s here but it is enough to fool you into thinking that you need more power to get out of a turn. Therefore, it becomes very hard to hold the line that you really want to, with a car set up right changing lanes during the corner is all in throttle finger! With the guys that I run with you only have to give them one car width and they have past you, holding and changing lines is very important!

The standing still pick up is also really bad!!

The mid-top end acceleration is very good, but it is the low end which is bad!
Maybe you should try a higher wind motor , 8-10 turns, you must be running in a very tight track, as for me, its fine big open track for 1/10 gas cars.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default lag time

hi guys... the lag time (crap response) was and still remains a problem for BL ESC makers, but not for Schulze Elektronik(german)... we had known of this problem and was fortunate that the factory had worked with us for several months of testing to make this a non-factor

www.hobbylink.com.sg
Old 07-29-2002, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

I only have this throttle delay when moving from stop for the first time, otherwise its smooth.off throttle during corners then throttle up, no delay. Anyway the launch delay is less than a second. No issue for me. I guess the esc is running a different software. The GM esc can be program to run boats, planes, pylon planes and heli mode. Interesting and now its cooler with a brushless fan attached to it, no that it was that hot anyway.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:55 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: lag time

Originally posted by Bryan Thng
hi guys... the lag time (crap response) was and still remains a problem for BL ESC makers, but not for Schulze Elektronik(german)... we had known of this problem and was fortunate that the factory had worked with us for several months of testing to make this a non-factor

www.hobbylink.com.sg
Sounds very promising.....would be interested in some user feedback on the Schulze system.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

interested in getting the BL sold by sam,but yet 2 know if it's worth the price(650 is not cheap)...

would like some users' reviews?...thanx