R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Singapore R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers-22/)
-   -   Any off road rc kakis stay bukit batok? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers/630359-any-off-road-rc-kakis-stay-bukit-batok.html)

FT 04-24-2013 08:28 PM

Ive always been flying. Just only recently I focused more on it as I needed a break away from the grounds of surface R/C.

Have you been playing on weekends? Haven't seen you at Segar yet.

Lorelei 04-24-2013 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by FT (Post 12083797)
Ive always been flying. Just only recently I focused more on it as I needed a break away from the grounds of surface R/C.

Have you been playing on weekends? Haven't seen you at Segar yet.

yes, mostly i'll be there on weekends. if my times allowed me.This coming 2 weeks i more busy on my project. maybe will be there after this week or mext mth May holiday 1st of May.

AJJ011109 04-26-2013 11:57 PM

Just got back from bukit batok. Chris thanks a lot for he;ing me fix up my car!!!! really appreciate it. I fixed the fan. The wire came out, so.. yea thats done. The sensor cable is a bit weird though. I plug it in and i changed setting in the ESC and reciever and it still doesnt move. I take out the sensor, and it works fine. Very very minor clogging, but fixed it. Turns out just needed to fix the trim. It works like a beast hahaha. Just cannot wait to run on 3s. Just a bit scared now hahah!!!

FT 04-27-2013 12:38 AM

Oh that was fast. You are very welcome!

Becareful with 3S! It brings a demon out of 1/10 vehicles! Above all - with great effciency! 2S is so disappointing, they should standardise all 1/10 vehicles to 13.5- 21.5T 3S instead of low-turn high-amps. Volts is the way to go! Theres no need to use large capacity packs anymore.

AJJ011109 04-27-2013 03:03 AM

yea exactly. I just reprogrammed my esc, so now its perfect for the segar track!!! thanks again!!!!! hope you had a good bash today!

AJJ011109 04-28-2013 04:50 AM

Ran my zx-5 today on road. First on 2s. It was fast, faster than i expected. But after a few minutes i found it easy to control. Works great with turns. Finished with 2s and checked the esc and motor temps. And they were perfect. Not even hot at all. Very efficient.

I then decided to take it up a notch. I charged up my 3s batt and plugged it in. It FLEW!!!! Like no joke, it was crazzzy fast. I did not pull full throttle first, but i gradually got there (only once though). It goes like 3 times faster than it does on 2s (well, maybe less but yea). I cannot wait to take it to segar track and test it out there. Maybe it can handle the 1/8th track on the 3s. The only problem is, my 3s pack is soft case. Any ways or methods you guys have to help me secure my pack?

AJJ011109 04-28-2013 04:50 AM

(double post)

viktozzz 04-28-2013 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by AJJ011109 (Post 12094072)
Ran my zx-5 today on road. First on 2s. It was fast, faster than i expected. But after a few minutes i found it easy to control. Works great with turns. Finished with 2s and checked the esc and motor temps. And they were perfect. Not even hot at all. Very efficient.

I then decided to take it up a notch. I charged up my 3s batt and plugged it in. It FLEW!!!! Like no joke, it was crazzzy fast. I did not pull full throttle first, but i gradually got there (only once though). It goes like 3 times faster than it does on 2s (well, maybe less but yea). I cannot wait to take it to segar track and test it out there. Maybe it can handle the 1/8th track on the 3s. The only problem is, my 3s pack is soft case. Any ways or methods you guys have to help me secure my pack?

Foam pad or such.. i use it to line d walls of d batt compartment to minimise d batt from sliding ard...

FT 04-28-2013 09:04 PM

I'm glad you've joined the world of High-effciency!

Use typical Styrofoam boards if you are unable to get foam paddings. Do note that you need at least 3mm thick foam pads. This will alter your CG abit but keep your pack healthy. Alternatively, you can use thin foam pads with a simple plate of plastic to keep the whole pack flat and secured to battery tray.

Do note that hardcase pack dosen't always mean good protection - It's internally being squished upon hard impacts, thus many people got bloated hardcase packs compared to those who nicely protect their softcase.

AJJ011109 04-30-2013 08:20 PM

anyone heading down to segar today?

FT 04-30-2013 09:50 PM

I can join you if you don't mind. I'll probably just observe.

AJJ011109 05-01-2013 12:20 AM

didnt end up going. it starting raining at my side...:(

FT 05-01-2013 02:02 AM

Bone dry here.

twe75 05-01-2013 06:56 AM

Ran my truck at the football field next to the mosque til one of my 3s lipo reached 11.0v and puffed . Dam it , got to be more carefull abt it . But i am very curious as to why it did not cut off at 11.4 as i had set it before mounting it into the hyper TT .

FT 05-01-2013 07:24 AM

Thats odd, 11v is still pretty safe. Is your amp draw very high?

Don't always trust the cut-off. Use instincts and check with voltage readers. You can also use those readers with Alarm as these are far better than ESC's cut-off due to the feature of detecting and buzz off when any particular cells reach the lowest safe voltages.

A good habit to have - Try not to run it till the lowest safe voltage. I would usually estimate and stop playing when I think it is about time. My mates and I tend to stop once it hit close to storage voltages of 3.85v/cell.