R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Singapore R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers-22/)
-   -   Any off road rc kakis stay bukit batok? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers/630359-any-off-road-rc-kakis-stay-bukit-batok.html)

FT 06-30-2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Narneless (Post 10921697)
Than how can I clean molyboenum grease off?The tamiya uncle say can use that 1

The Tamiya moly grease contains lesser molybdenum contents, thus it is better suited for small modelling uses. That person is simply suggesting said grease as it is the most suitable grease available from tamiya which generally works ok - Just not the best and that I personally do not recommend using too casually.

You can use common solvents to clean it off. Such as Thinner for metal parts or acetone-based liquid such as brake cleaning fluids. Rubbing alcohol suits most plastic parts cleaning. You can also use WD40 if you are unable to acquire any of those, it works on all metals and most plastic.

By the way, if you already have them applied, leave it. Do not be too particular about it. It's just R/C! You may learn these indepth details as knowledge, that's all. If the moly grease ever fails on you, then at least you will know what to use next!

Narneless 06-30-2012 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by FT (Post 10921772)
The Tamiya moly grease contains lesser molybdenum contents, thus it is better suited for small modelling uses. That person is simply suggesting said grease as it is the most suitable grease available from tamiya which generally works ok - Just not the best and that I personally do not recommend using too casually.

You can use common solvents to clean it off. Such as Thinner for metal parts or acetone-based liquid such as brake cleaning fluids. Rubbing alcohol suits most plastic parts cleaning. You can also use WD40 if you are unable to acquire any of those, it works on all metals and most plastic.

By the way, if you already have them applied, leave it. Do not be too particular about it. It's just R/C! You may learn these indepth details as knowledge, that's all. If the moly grease ever fails on you, then at least you will know what to use next!

I only applied to the bevel gear,nvm 1 hor?at the differential

FT 06-30-2012 08:41 PM

It is ok to be used on your Vorza's exterior bevel ring and pinion gears but it will be rather odd to be using it for the interior differential bevel side and pinion spider gears.

Originally Posted by Narneless (Post 10921697)
And what is backfire?is it serious?

It is a noun which in this case, refers to having an opposite effect of an intended desire. E.g. Anti-wear lubrication intention turned abrasive wearing.

Narneless 06-30-2012 08:50 PM

Ft how old are you?

And also I applied moly to the exterior of my Ball bearing,nvm one hor?

And if I buy 1 esc which said over 6.5 turns it means the motor must be e.g 7.0t?
cannot 6.0t

FT 06-30-2012 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Narneless (Post 10923325)
Ft how old are you?

And also I applied moly to the exterior of my Ball bearing,nvm one hor?

And if I buy 1 esc which said over 6.5 turns it means the motor must be e.g 7.0t?
cannot 6.0t

I was opened with age declaration on the internet till I had some close shaves of it being used against me. So, I'll simply say I'm older than you but younger than many. You'll find out once you've met me in person.

What was your intention when you applied it on the exterior of your ball bearing?

Yes, spot on. It states the esc's motor-turn limit is lowest at 6.5T, anything at or above that is fine.

Narneless 06-30-2012 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by FT (Post 10923349)
I was opened with age declaration on the internet till I had some close shaves of it being used against me. So, I'll simply say I'm older than you but younger than many. You'll find out once you've met me in person.

What was your intention when you applied it on the exterior of your ball bearing?

Yes, spot on. It states the esc's motor-turn limit is lowest at 6.5T, anything at or above that is fine.

Dunno the exterior look like little bit of grease so I web to grease a little.

I dun really understand the abrasive part.

FT 06-30-2012 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Narneless (Post 10923379)
Dunno the exterior look like little bit of grease so I web to grease a little.

I dun really understand the abrasive part.

Ball bearing's exterior should always be nice and clean.

If and when nasty sand gets trapped in grease, it will do more damage than good. The grease will practically turn into a semi-solid version of a sandpaper.

Narneless 06-30-2012 09:31 PM

Btw should I go and buy this set its cheap but dunno if bloated,rctech.net/forum/singapore-sale-trade/638149-used-nano-tech-lipos.html

FT 06-30-2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Narneless (Post 10923424)
Btw should I go and buy this set its cheap but dunno if bloated,rctech.net/forum/singapore-sale-trade/638149-used-nano-tech-lipos.html

You should, if it is for sale. However you must also know that it is a gamble, you wouldn't know for sure the true condition of it.

I had contacted that seller initially which he had reserved that particular deal for me and I was about to travel to his place at woodlands for collection that very night but he gave me a last minute important detail that he is leaving soon for his night shift work.

Before that, he was double checking with me if I am still up for the deal so that he can stop another buyer from travelling to his place - He should had declined dealing with that buyer since he had made a reservation for me to collect it already!

So, I had immediately replied, asking when will be the next available time slot for collection - then he went silent on me since. Speculations are that he had sold it off to someone else without informing me or putting me as priority. That, would had been really unethical.

It will be great if you are able to grab that deal but keep in mind that the deal may be long gone.

Narneless 06-30-2012 11:18 PM

How about this? rctech.net/forum/singapore-sale-trade/635961-wts-4-pc-2s-50c-gens-ace-lipo-5000mah-freaking-cheap.html

What is the person number I will tried to call him

Narneless 06-30-2012 11:23 PM

Than how about this? rctech.net/forum/singapore-sale-trade/635961-wts-4-pc-2s-50c-gens-ace-lipo-5000mah-freaking-cheap.html

What is the person number I try call him

Eric86 07-01-2012 06:32 AM

Hi bro just got my TC02 today hope to meet up wif u guy on next sunday

AJJ011109 07-02-2012 06:41 AM

hey guys, im thinking of buying a new RC car - deciding between the Hyper TT, Kyosho DMT ve-r or Kyosho DBX ve 2.0

Lorelei 07-02-2012 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by AJJ011109 (Post 10927894)
hey guys, im thinking of buying a new RC car - deciding between the Hyper TT, Kyosho DMT ve-r or Kyosho DBX ve 2.0

Bro, thinking of buy new off rd gp..if u want to buy kyosho products gp, I can go to orchard forum look for Daniel. He a good and helpful man, can help u to look for what type of rc u suitable.

jamjammer 07-02-2012 09:30 PM

Guys,
Wonder are you there on Sat afternoon from 130pm? I might be able to drop by in Bt Batok. If there is a gathering, I would bring my hyper buggy for a run... lol