Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
For those considering the Bullet ST/MT flux... >

For those considering the Bullet ST/MT flux...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For those considering the Bullet ST/MT flux...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default For those considering the Bullet ST/MT flux...

Get the latest 2.4 ghz waterproof one over the outdated AM/FM band generation ST flux...Here's why:

Brief specs of AM/FM gen brushless ESC:

ESC: Flux Reload V1
continous current output:35A
can only accept 2S
Brushless motor: unknown

Outcome: Twe75 claimed that his bullet ST,despite the fact its a brushless vehicle was extremely slow,top speeds equivalent of a brushed motor vehicle on 2s lipo,running it on 3S resulted in thermal shutdowns on the truck.

The key culprit that resulted in the vehicles sluggish and underpowered handling is the ESC,providing a measly 35A of current from the battery to the motor.

Specs of latest 2.4ghz/waterproof ESC

ESC: Flux Reload V2
Continous current output:60A
3S lipo compatible
Brushless motor: flux shot 4300kv motor

the reload V2 ESC pumps almost twice the current more than the V1,pair it up with a 4300kv motor and u get insane power and top speeds,added by the fact you can now really run 3S lipo packs in the new Bullet flux ST/MT.

Last edited by Ndrew; 01-05-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Frankly speaking , i'm wondering if HPI will allow the owners of previous batch of bullet ST/MT owners to have a free upgrade , since the new batch are of much better quality . Namely the esc and the motors will be enough . At least allow us to be able to upgrade to the same quality as the current batch rather then having such a big quality difference between new and old batch .

Anyone from TAISING here can ask HPI abt that ? Old and new Bullet same price but big difference in quality and performance .
Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default you got a point...

I feel you bro,im just posting this up so they wont kena cheated if they buy the old batch(FYI the older AM/FM is now selling for 450-510? Winnie still has the old one in stock),thinking the cheaper one will offer pretty much the same as the newer 2.4 ghz batch.

The brushless combo found in the old bullet has also been discontinued...

Maybe u try to burn your esc then send it back to hpi? Skali they send it back to you with the upgraded reload V2 for the replacement ESC...
Old 01-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Well , if you estimate the cost of sending the damm esc or even with motor back to HPI . I think its more economic to just buy the better esc and motor upgrade from taising . Its UK you know bro , not hk or china . And not to mention the time it takes for the package to arrive in UK , maybe 1 week for them to assess , then even if they do send me the upgraded version of esc and motor . At least 2 month of collecting dust below my bed liao . I rather push my luck of blasting 3s lipo's on it til it burn , then i buy the better esc cum motor package . Bro , sat you will be able to know how slow the bullet is on 2s lipo's .

I do heard of those bullet owners in UK able to send it back then recieve free spare and even extra better parts in return . Pity they do not open any office here .
Old 01-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

the esc and motor are basically from Hobbywing.. can just get the same ones from hobbywing, probably the price may be lower than buying the flux reload..
Old 01-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Ytd i checked ebay and found one seller selling the hobbywing 60a esc with motor at abt $106usd but it did coment that you need to upgrade the fan from 7.4v to 12vdc to run 3s lipo's . Why hobbywing refuse to just use a better combo instead of sticking to 2s batteries regardless of how many amp their esc is running ?

I'm sure for that price i should be able to get a better esc and motor combo . Bro QKS , how is your hobbywing nosram 60a esc ? How much did you pay for it ? Is it waterproof , reversible and can run 3s lipo ?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twe75
Ytd i checked ebay and found one seller selling the hobbywing 60a esc with motor at abt $106usd but it did coment that you need to upgrade the fan from 7.4v to 12vdc to run 3s lipo's . Why hobbywing refuse to just use a better combo instead of sticking to 2s batteries regardless of how many amp their esc is running ?

I'm sure for that price i should be able to get a better esc and motor combo . Bro QKS , how is your hobbywing nosram 60a esc ? How much did you pay for it ? Is it waterproof , reversible and can run 3s lipo ?
You don't need to upgrade the fan to 12V if you are tapping the power supply from the ESC. The BEC from the ESC will regulate the voltage between 5V to 6V regardless if you are using 2S or 3S.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Icic , thanks bro Rlau99 , however i have already change the fan on my stock esc to a 12vdc fan and was given a test run just now using 3s . Did feel warm even though i only gave it abt 50% throttle max intermittent .

The reason i changed the fan was because i heard many reports both here ( told by winnie ) and in the UK abt the fan and their esc burning when they run 3s without changing the fan . One of the UK fella even have the esc burnt beyond recognition . I don't want to risk any of that . Besides many shop including ebay sellers that sell hobbywing product also ask to change the fan to a " stronger " fan if we want to run 3s lipo's even for a 60a hobbywing esc .

Erm can recomend or tell me where should i tap the power for my 12vdc fan ? I suck in analogue electronic in school . Cos i just solder back the same connections where the stock fan is connected . My rx port is full too cos i added a fan for my motor .
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

According to this webby http://www.hpieurope.com/parts.php?l...&partNo=101402 . The motor is already a 4300kv motor , same as the new version of flux .

So if i want to upgrade to the performance of current batch of bullet i only need to change my rebranded hobbywing 35a esc to a hobbywing v2 60a esc ? Or do you guys have any recomendations to get a better motor for 3s off rd running ? Please advise cos i may be ordering it tomorrow or start of next week . I will still be using my 2s lipo's on top of buying higher capacity 3s lipo's to fully enjoy my bullet .
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For fan upgrade, you should get the 5V high speed fan (higher amp rating) instead of using the 12V fan (the 12V fan will actually be slower if you connect it to the BEC which is only 6V max). The option u have now is to connect the fan direct to your batt supply (if u are using 3S, it will be 12.6V when fully charged).

However i would not recommend running 3S on 35A ESC. You will risk overheating the ESC even with higher speed fan. You will need at least 60A and above if you want to run 3S and you should check you gear ratio to make sure you don't overheat your motor.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Guys,

I have a ST Flux with Reload V2, not wonderful in my opinion =(.
Where you guys run your trucks? I don't mind bringing it down for you guys to try it before upgrading.
Btw I run 2S lipo.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Ic , dotdot , me and ndrew are going to play our truck outside chinese garden later . We are meeting at chinese garden 1pm before going to the spot . If you can make it , feel free to come .

Also are all ezrun esc waterproof ? Rlau , i have installed a fan for the motor too . But i will resolder the fan to the battery terminal after my run today when i'm free . So if i upgrade to the 60a esc , i do not have to change the stock fan if i run 3s am i right ?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Twe, can't do at that time, evening still possible. Tomorrow will be alright thou.
My electronics are stocked, hmm changed to a new SF-50 servo.

Have a leopard hobby (from ebay) 540size BL, the motor just feels wrong.. as though its a stepper motor =( maybe kanna bootlegged.. so not using.

Have a gd run today. maybe some other time.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

well i'd really recommend a SCT Xerun 120A, a great esc in which everything is packaged nicely. not many loose wires hanging around and its very powerful, not to mention it can take 2s-4s lipos without any issue. not waterproof, but its splashproof as proven when i took my Axial Wraith through the rain with it a couple of weeks back. pricing wise its similar to the 60A sensored esc, about SGD100+ from Ebay. all esc from hobbywing are reversible.

if u wanna upgrade the performance of the Bullet, u gotta change not just the esc, but the motor as well. the stock motor is actually a hobbywing motor, 4300kv. basically just a 380-sized rotor in 540 size length and the motor can fins to cool the motor. hobbywing esc are not waterproof.

i've seen many Bullet blowing the stock and other 540-sized motors due to the motors overheating. the Bullet is not a light truck in the 1st place, and i'd say that a 540-size motor is actually insufficient for the truck.

i'd go for a 550-size motor, maybe a leopard hobby 3660-3800kv or 3660-3180kv motor, great motors and give great performance for the buck. runs great on the 120a sct esc. Rlau99 bro or winnie has the motors at pretty good prices.

Hobbywing XERUN SCT PRO 120A
Old 01-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

If my lipo's are 3s 35 to 45c , 35c and 2s lipo's are 35c , 35 to 70c discharge . Will i be able to use them for the 120a esc you recomend or do i have to change lipo's ? If i have to change almost all my lipo's then i rather not get it due to budget .

What's the price range of the motor ? And where is Rlau99 shop ? So far i only been to almost all rc shops in ochard area . Does winni or Rlau sell this esc too ? And how much ?

Is it ok if i clean my truck by splashing water on it using the showerhead ? Of cos i removed the batteries from it . After splashing and spraying water on the truck then i use cloth to clean it ( but not to extent of dismantling everything ) . Is that ok or acceptable ?

Also i thought the stock esc have signal loss throttle cut but today , i lost control of my truck and it keep moving on its own . Nearly end up in a lake ... if not for a tree root overturn it . I'm using the stock fm tx but i didn't extent the antenna fully though only half of its length .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.