Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 11:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

The star marks the spot! 1st floor...
Attached Thumbnails List of hobby stores?-map.gif  
Old 07-25-2002, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

By The way,
I saw Wheelie Deelie lost their Wheelie and pack up from Taka already.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:33 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2002, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Bukit Merah store?

Originally posted by BloodClod
Where exactly is the Bukit Merah store and what does it carry?

I work nearby (sort of) and might like to check it out.
CHI LONG HOBBY & TRADING
Blk 113, Bukit Merah View
#01-526
Tel: 62721161
Email: [email protected]
Hp:98254094
Old 07-25-2002, 06:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by RetroTamiya
By The way,
I saw Wheelie Deelie lost their Wheelie and pack up from Taka already.
Packed up for good, or moved elsewhere?
Hmm...... I thot hobby is recession proof? In fact, we cannot live without this hobby.........despite recession, juz eat less
Old 07-25-2002, 08:33 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Default Anyone know anything about this shop

Guys does anyone know about this CHI LONG HOBBY & TRADING. At blk 113, Bukit merah View #01-526.

I was given a card during CCK race.

What brand he carry, cheap and service good.?
Old 07-25-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Anyone know anything about this shop

Originally posted by AO
Guys does anyone know about this CHI LONG HOBBY & TRADING. At blk 113, Bukit merah View #01-526.

I was given a card during CCK race.

What brand he carry, cheap and service good.?
I've been to his shop once. HDB type, quite spacious, with a very nice mini Z track. He deals in mainly 1/10 electric kits of all sorts, but he will be promoting Losi. Very nice guy, go n visit him.
Old 07-26-2002, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Benz

Packed up for good, or moved elsewhere?
Hmm...... I thot hobby is recession proof? In fact, we cannot live without this hobby.........despite recession, juz eat less
Forced out by taka cos giordano or some big name shop wanted the space
Old 07-26-2002, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Angry

big coporate showing tat money counts...grrr...
Old 07-26-2002, 04:58 PM
Tech Rookie

So where are your favourite hangouts and why?

I like Speedline and Pacific model , coz boss and people friendly. At Sim Lim square, lots of good food!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by bugbusters

Well, for the benefit of people who dun know, Swan and hobbyboom , hobby88...............charges 1.5

Wow, didn't know Ali, Winnie and Desmond charges 1.5 times or another word 25% discount. I would really need to check this out with them becos I surely dun get such a discount. Bugbuster, would really appreciate if you could leave me your contact no. so that I could quote your name in the event that I do not get such price you've mentioned. Can you help me coz I do no want to get cheated..... can or not? Plssssss..........
Old 07-29-2002, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Location: Indonesia sometimes, Singapore sometimes, Mars sometimes, Venus sometimes...but home is where I wanna be

Actually horr, LHS these days very jialat leh, sell expensive people call it extortion, making obscene profit, cut throat...sell cheap people say they spoil market or sell immitation product made in some third world country
Old 07-30-2002, 06:45 AM
AO
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Anyone know anything about this shop

Originally posted by Benz

I've been to his shop once. HDB type, quite spacious, with a very nice mini Z track. He deals in mainly 1/10 electric kits of all sorts, but he will be promoting Losi. Very nice guy, go n visit him.
Benz you are right. Lim is a nice guy. Things are the normal or a little cheaper. I go again thanks.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Champion hobby cum motor shop...

Champion hobby cum motor shop..

Anyone had heard of it or went there before? Its near lavender , very near singapore casket.

I wish to hear bout your comments. Its not good to speak ill of some one but i've no choice but to tell the truth.... This uncle( the owner) is really a bigtime AhBeng and wicked person, he keeps boasting that his products( cheap&inferior taiwanese products) are the best and look down on people.

As i'm involved in most rc hobbies, he din know( cos i normally tok very friendly and open to views when discussing hobbies) and keep boasting and give me a F**king "hao lian" attitude, telling me " only if u want to confirm buying then i show u my product!" He thought that he is damn good cos he plays RC!!! The truth is i've seen better/friendlier/more profession indonesians and malaysian , both competition and shop owners, than this lame person.

Such a disgraceful person puts a shame on all RC hobbies and puts people off our fun and challenging hobby.

pm me and i can tell you guys more over the phone if you are not convienced.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by NomeXX
Actually horr, LHS these days very jialat leh, sell expensive people call it extortion, making obscene profit, cut throat...sell cheap people say they spoil market or sell immitation product made in some third world country
Well Nomexx, wat to do. Business need customers to survive and customers are like that. Especially so when it comes to hobby business. 14 yrs ago, It cost me a few hundred bucks to get hold of a brand new 4wd buggy from Tamiya. Now a buggy cost about the same or even going for a lesser price. Bear in mind, 14 yrs ago, we could eat a bowl of wanton noodles for just over a dollar. Now it cost us two. This only goes to show how little the profit margin for this kind of business is with customer like us around. heheheheheheh....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.