Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore 1/5 scale

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

a singapore got quite alot of 1/5 on road ma y alway go PA no see pp playing wan the most only 3 to 4 car whr are all the driver leh ???
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ahcai
a singapore got quite alot of 1/5 on road ma y alway go PA no see pp playing wan the most only 3 to 4 car whr are all the driver leh ???
i want join but most of the weekend i working
Old 04-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

U didn't jio us mah.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Where do 1/5 off roaders go?

Hi all,

New to this forum. I'm planning to get a hpi baja, we're do the off roaders play in spore?

Also do u play the off roaders at pa track?

Many thanks
Old 05-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chilling
Hi all,

New to this forum. I'm planning to get a hpi baja, we're do the off roaders play in spore?

Also do u play the off roaders at pa track?

Many thanks
Hi there,

We used to play Baja in Tuas (sand). Since the landscape in Tuas is always changing, we are now playing in an open field somewhere in Jurong west. Perhaps Rossland will be able to state the actual address.

We used to play Baja on PA track some time back. For a change it was fun. But after a while we decided to just stay off-road
Old 05-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi supa Mario,

Thanks for ur reply.

Any recommendations on what set to buy for the baja?

I'm looking at the 5b rtr set. But I see it has an fm radio. Then there is the ss, that comes as a kit. I kinda would enjoy putting it together and wouldn't mind getting a better radio.

This will just be a part time hobby for me, so I'm not much into upgrades and speed etc. more for the occasional bash around with frens. will the 5b be sufficient to get in the hobby without having to spend much on upgrades. Else do u recommend that there will be a lot of upgrades required even for a casual user that it will be more cost effective to get the ss in the end as a lot of upgrades are provided already.

Lastly, how is the radio? If its no good, what would u recommend getting . This will be my first car since the 90s when I was younger. I do fly rc planes and Helis now.

Many thanks
Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi supa Mario,

Thanks for ur reply.

Any recommendations on what set to buy for the baja?

I'm looking at the 5b rtr set. But I see it has an fm radio. Then there is the ss, that comes as a kit. I kinda would enjoy putting it together and wouldn't mind getting a better radio.

This will just be a part time hobby for me, so I'm not much into upgrades and speed etc. more for the occasional bash around with frens. will the 5b be sufficient to get in the hobby without having to spend much on upgrades. Else do u recommend that there will be a lot of upgrades required even for a casual user that it will be more cost effective to get the ss in the end as a lot of upgrades are provided already.

Lastly, how is the radio? If its no good, what would u recommend getting . This will be my first car since the 90s when I was younger. I do fly rc planes and Helis now.

Many thanks
actually if you are thinking of getting hpi why dont you look at the 5sc rtr or even the 5sc ss http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.8785/.f

it has all the latest hpi stock parts that are much better than the original 5b rtr. i do recommend getting a better radio as we have seen our fair share of run aways. quite a few of us are using futaba.

overall the 5sc will be a better buy than a 5b although its slightly bigget because of the body shell but it has all the updated parts that hpi offers. if you do not intend to mod this would be a better choice though its slightly more expensive.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok sounds like kit is the way to go if I want a decent radio. I'm conscious about safety, so presume that the radio Has a fail safe. I see some people mentioning a kill switch. Is that necessary.

Where do you get the 5sc kits from in spore? I never saw it at taising.

If u get it online, Do u guys ship it from Dave's motors? How much does shipping cost? Any other sites?

Many thanks
Old 05-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok sounds like kit is the way to go if I want a decent radio. I'm conscious about safety, so presume that the radio Has a fail safe. I see some people mentioning a kill switch. Is that necessary.

Where do you get the 5sc kits from in spore? I never saw it at taising.

If u get it online, Do u guys ship it from Dave's motors? How much does shipping cost? Any other sites?

Many thanks
i really dont recommend buying stuff from taiseng. the prices there are really scary. Daves ships to singapore. i got my baja from him. i bought 2 bajas then and shipping was 399usd prolly you can divide by 2??

actually you can email them and tell them what you want or dont want. they are very friendly and willing to work things out. their customer service is top notch. all our baja parts are bought from them. one of the best in the business..
Old 05-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys I've got a Baja 5B and I've been looking for a place to play it. You mentioned somewhere in Jurong West. Any specific location?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

It's near boon lay the road name is "jalan tukang" in front of caterpillar company
Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Alright I will check it out. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry not near boon lay its more near to taman jurong, very sorry
Old 05-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

no worries bud
Old 06-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

bump.... we still alive still playing our baja..... haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.