Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Asia 2004 - THAILAND

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Default Reedy Asia 2004 - THAILAND

This will be the third time this event has been held and it has grown each year to where it is now one of the top events in Asia. Last year, there were thirteen countries represented at this event including teams and drivers from the USA, Europe, Australia and Asia. RCS twin speedways in Bangkok will host this event which will be held during 11-12 December 2004. This year, the organizer offers a little extra excitement by introducing a brushless motor cars exhibition race including factory drivers and top local drivers. This will mark as the first major showing of brushless motors in Asia Pacific.

This race is open for all brands of 4WD electric powered (EP) 1:10th touring car, no restrictions on modifications of the car. Only one class – Open Modified – will be raced. IFMAR rules and format will be used with a few exceptions as outlined in the Rules section. Several top drivers from Europe, Australia & USA are expected to participate in this event, including the UK’s Craig Drescher and Barry Baker, who will accompany Mike Reedy to support the event.

There will be plenty of raffle prizes with a total value of more than USD3,000 (Thanks to Team Much More from Korea, Titan Precision from Taiwan and Associated Electric as our sponsors!) to be given to all participants. A round trip air ticket to 2005 Reedy Race USA will be given to the highest finishing non-factory driver (i.e. anyone not receiving a salary or travel money from any manufacturers, but may be sponsored for cars and motors). This airline ticket prize is a courtesy of Mike Reedy.

Only written entries, received by email with included entry fee, will be accepted. Each participant will receive a 190mm Mazda6 or Dodge Stratus’ Blitz bodyshell, a courtesy of Titan Precision. Entries will be limited and will close on 30th November 2004.

So, book early to avoid any disappointment…

For further detail information, please feel free to reply this e-mail or visit our website www.tq-racing.com and click the Reedy Asia Logo which directs you to a dedicated webpage for this event.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in from my email! Hope the local hot shots will make a name for us!

Alvin
Old 09-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How to register?
Old 09-21-2004, 03:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Bugs Bunny
How to register?
Guess you have to wait
Old 09-21-2004, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nicholas Lee
Guess you have to wait
Ok Just hope there will be enough vacancy.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

I would suggest using these contacts to register:

http://www.tq-racing.com/events/reedyrace/contacts.htm

Alvin
Old 09-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seem like it is the best race to participate in Asia.

Also, for those racer that are going to Reedy Asia and are going to use Team Orion products, I can try to arrange for higher grade battery or motor.
Deadline will be end October.

Last edited by SuPerDraGon; 09-21-2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

those who are going to Reedy race you can either register to Sam Cheng(Hobbylink) or Julia(Tai Sing).Estimated for registration is around $60+.Registration end at Nov 30.

Last edited by Nicholas Lee; 09-25-2004 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Registration & other detail

Hello friends...

With regard to registration, please kindly check www.tq-racing.com and then click the Reedy Asia logo. There you will find all necessary information including registration etc.

We are updating the webpages as soon as there is new development ... so...

In any case, as Nick explained.. you may register through Hobby Link or Tai Sing...

thanks again.. n hope to see you all in Bangkok ;-)

I will also check this thread from time to time in case there is any questions that need to be clarified ...
Old 09-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Please take note,

Drivers if you register at Tai Sing, Please pay upon registration.
Only Paid entries will be submitted.
And there will be no refund if you pull out and you can't get the body either.

For more info, you can call 63921095/6 and look for Julia.

Thanks for looking.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Nipple: thanks for your information.

It's correct that any registration anywhere (i.e. not only at TaiSing) will only be accepted with the included fee of equivalent to THB1,500. The bodyshell can only be collected at Bangkok.
Please kindly note that this fee will also cover for the driver party on the sunday evening (for 2 persons).

There will be plenty of raffle prizes to guarantee each participant will get one!
cheers..
Old 09-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

My suggestion for the first timers attending these major races: Go all out. If not, do not waste your time/money. Get all the *tires*, *rims* and *inserts* required, check with the fast guys what they are using. It may work for you, it may not. Budget at least 500 bucks to spend on tires. I spent SGD400 plus I believe purely on tires, rims and inserts over 2 days. And haven't count in the matched packs i bought purely for the event & motors, support equipment...

Last I remembered, when I used Type C medium inserts, with Sorex 36 tires, after only ONE BATTERY PACK and the tires came back worn out. 2nd battery pack out much less grip. 3rd pack come back, dude, I can see the inserts. On occasion, the inserts came back melted (Echo Reds).

Take note it may be the way I drive and I wear out my tires like nobody's business. The paid professionals had one new set of tires per heat/round, and using factory custom inserts - something people off the street don't have access to.

Have a good race, remember it's not all about winning and be a good sports man!

Alvin
Old 09-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

And oh, i forgot to add. If you are a siao about suspension setup like I used to be, PLEASE DO NOT RUN YOUR CUSTOM CAR. My 414m had its suspension modified by yours truly, at a time I didn't yet and *still haven't* understood the dynamics of the car. The least is you may be able to pick up a setup from another local running the same car. Obviously, his/her setup may not work for you, but it may be a good starting point.

That said, even if I had run with a normal unmodified 414, I doubt my results would improve versus these unbelievable speed demons haha

Alvin
Old 09-30-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Alvin
My suggestion for the first timers attending these major races: Go all out. If not, do not waste your time/money. Get all the *tires*, *rims* and *inserts* required, check with the fast guys what they are using. It may work for you, it may not. Budget at least 500 bucks to spend on tires. I spent SGD400 plus I believe purely on tires, rims and inserts over 2 days. And haven't count in the matched packs i bought purely for the event & motors, support equipment...
Oh Alvin,
this time it's cotrolled Tires wheels and inserts
We can only buy 2 sets for the qualifing and finals.
Unless you run the triple A main, then we are allowed to buy another 2 sets.
So looks like we don't have to spend $400 on Tires etc......
Old 09-30-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

serious? that's good! at least for the racers who need to pay for their stuff.

Alvin
Old 09-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Alvin
serious? that's good! at least for the racers who need to pay for their stuff.

Alvin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.