Wiki Posts
Search

Forum on eNgInEs......

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 09:11 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by lonestar1127

i am now using Hudy spanner....but still cannot twist it open....
is there any oil to ease the tightness???
If that is the case then I doubt if the normal screw releasing agent will work. You can try and soak it with WD40...but I doubt if this will improve things...good luck!!!

You can try heat!! The expansion of AL should be greater than steel....thoeretical the fit should loosen.......theoretically!!
Old 05-21-2002, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default What fuel to use?

What fuel to use? for 12 engine? nova.

blue thunder? (did not have good comment on it)
tonardo? ( very punchie, but no engine protection?)
what else are there in the market?

hope can hear some advise on it.
16% is it enough or 20%?

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:18 AM
AO
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: vifer

Originally posted by NomeXX

....errr, I'd avoid Picco if I were you.

But then again, its up to you. I've seen only 2 type of Picco Engine owners, one that swear by it & one that swear at it
That is not very true. I know a few people who swears at picco is when they do not how to tune it. I have being using nova and picco for a few years they have not being giving problem.

To me the OS has being giving me more problems.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Location: Indonesia sometimes, Singapore sometimes, Mars sometimes, Venus sometimes...but home is where I wanna be
Default Re: Re: Re: vifer

Originally posted by AO

That is not very true. I know a few people who swears at picco is when they do not how to tune it. I have being using nova and picco for a few years they have not being giving problem.

One man's honey is another man's poison.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:57 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: What fuel to use?

Originally posted by fuse01

16% is it enough or 20%?

Thanks.
If you want POWER go for 30%!! Nothing really wrong with Tornado...but I just use Odonnell because you cannot buy a large can (5 litres) of Tornado 30% and Odonnell is cheaper in Hong Kong!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 03:59 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AO

I second that...lots of NR carbs and no problems....the OS carb on my TR...hmmmmm.... just can't figure it....don't know why people say OS is easier to tune!!
Old 05-21-2002, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Location: Indonesia sometimes, Singapore sometimes, Mars sometimes, Venus sometimes...but home is where I wanna be
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: vifer

Originally posted by dtm

I second that...lots of NR carbs and no problems....the OS carb on my TR...hmmmmm.... just can't figure it....don't know why people say OS is easier to tune!!
I suppose they are just as easy, or difficult to tune, depending on how you look at it. In my opinion, the main culprit of engine tuning problem lies with (incorrect) running-in and not the carb.

One example that I can think of right now is that some people leave the engine to idle for longer than they should. Engines are engines, do you leave your brand new car to idle in the garage or do you go out driving it at various RPM range?

Last edited by NomeXX; 05-21-2002 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:18 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: vifer

I suppose they are just as easy, or difficult to tune, depending on how you look at it. In my opinion, the main culprit of engine tuning problem lies with (incorrect) running-in and not the carb.
I run in all my engines the same.....however....only the OS carb treats me different!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: vifer

Originally posted by dtm

I run in all my engines the same.....however....only the OS carb treats me different!!!
Perhaps you've got the OS JinXs....hehehhe
Old 05-21-2002, 05:44 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: vifer

Perhaps you've got the OS JinXs....hehehhe
Wot...both of them????
Old 05-21-2002, 05:47 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I originally thought I had a batch problem with the OS so I bought a TR in Hong Kong and bought another in Japan!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

anyone know where i can get the Collari engine or Rossi engine(not novarossi). which hobby shop in singapore are selling that?

thanks
Old 05-21-2002, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: What fuel to use?

Originally posted by fuse01

16% is it enough or 20%?

Thanks.
I use Byron Race fuel, they are available at Winnie's shop in Orchard Plaza and they comes in 16%, 20% and 25%.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dtm
I originally thought I had a batch problem with the OS so I bought a TR in Hong Kong and bought another in Japan!!!
The only time I had problem with OS engines was when I broke the crankshaft on my 12CV-R during running-in. Was told that the CV-R had a weak crankshaft problem...
Old 05-21-2002, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by AO

Hey AO, I just dump my OS 12TR and bought a new Mugen MT12 engine. The OS has been giving me a lot of trouble, not tuning, but speed. Everytime when I lean the engine a little to get more speed, the engine overheats, but when I rich it up it is just too slow. Although the engine overheats, it dosen't cut, that is the wonder or OS engines, it just takes speed and power away from you. But there are a lot of good feedbacks on this engine, saying that is has incredible top speed, but I heard that they had modified to engine and fit in some M-Speed parts.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.