Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
How to make the EP touring racing scene hot (if it ever was considered hot) again?? >

How to make the EP touring racing scene hot (if it ever was considered hot) again??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to make the EP touring racing scene hot (if it ever was considered hot) again??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Hey! Don't get angry! It actually means I can CHOOSE when to be nice to the people I meet! Get it?
that's why i choose you as one of them
Old 04-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mr. Sean
if so, after all we have to accept those unsportmanship behaviors issit? well, good luck guys!
Dear Sean
I really dun think what you mentioned here qualifies as unsportmanship behaviour. People really DUN own it to you to help you, it's a favour not a right, I hope you are able to understand what that means.

Like it or not, telling a slower driver to "go wide" so that a faster driver can lap SAFETY is actually considered the POLITE way of doing things. Sad to say this but many race commentators dun do mid-field drivers justice as they dun seem to call out when a mid field driver is lapping a slower driver, it's then up to the faster driver himself to "sound out" to the slower driver. Most seasoned racers will make an effort to give way once he sees a lapping driver on his six.

Like it or not, EP or GP racing, slower drivers WILL get lapped by faster ones, more so in GP with their longer mains. What you have cited as "unsportsmanship behaviour" is not exclusive to the EP scene.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let's ignore our friends so that we can talk to strangers!

Let's smile everytime!

Let's teach everything r/c to golfers!

World Peace! YEAH!
Old 04-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

. . . . . so you guys expect EP touring racing scene hot here in Singapore?

if so, after all we have to accept those unsportmanship behaviors issit? well, good luck guys!
Hello>

We are here to discuss how to increase the number of ppl to play EP.

How ppl behave is nothing concern you at all. Unless someone
scolded you #@##%$ if you hit his car accidentally, we don't mind you complain here.

As I say liao, If you got time, go and improve your skill at the track.
Dun talk rubbish here or ask silly question.

Old 04-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

YES~~ Improving your driving skills is much more important that just asking questions from the "expert".... anyway..

most of the info of r/c can be obtain from the internet

But u cannot improve yr skills from asking questions...different pple had different driving styles.. so what "they" tell u may not be "usable" for u or even make it worst(then say they sabo~~!)
Old 04-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Amatuer observations

Hi all,

Let me share some of my unbiased and personal views since I dont know anyone here.

I always wanted to play Nitro cars since I was young. As my parents were against it, the closest I got to Nitro was seeing adults play with 1/8 Serpent n Associated cars at the track next to East Cost Macs. I think that was about what 20 years ago.

Recently i got myself a Nitro car. Nothing fancy just a basic V-One SII. after I got the car, I went to a few tracks to see what ppl were playing. without being intimidated I felt intimidated. Controller already very stylo, M8, 3pk etc etc. Mine at that time blazer somemore.... Once I go near to take a closer look or want to ask something, they look at me like as if I want to steal something from their tool box...

So I go to one shop and try to talk to the owner.. Fisrt thing he ask me.. what car.. then where i buy.. How much... Then say i kenna conned.. Car f**ked up... instead ask me to buy MTX3 or Evo with M8 with 8 port Turbo engine altogether abt 2,500 plus!!!! when I say I dun want to spend so much money give me one kind of look and walk away!!!

So what I do? Go to foreign forums and learn lor...

Anyway run-in stock engine also got problem. Y? noone to consult.. Sometimes play only 10 mins.. engine die dun nioe wat to do.. go back and surf net again

Anyway soon managed to work things out.... Upgrade the car abit learn how to tune abit etc etc... But I found out that i was only going straight.. ( I Used to practice at the carpark of Expo)

So I and another friend decided to try MS. went there one Friday evening, track very packed. all seem to be racing and very serious. Good for them lah.. but still using blazer and very paiseh.. Somemore their car can start using one box on the floor.. mine must pull n pull n pull..

Luckily I was working shift so I tell my friend.. NVM after night shift come early in the morning n practise.. sounded like a good idea.. did it a few times.. But crashed too many times... Remember can go straight only hahahahahaha.. But Hobby bug ppl not bad..very patient and explain things never say my car lousy...

will I ever play on Saturdays and Sundays when the track is packed? I dont know. at least now I got MX3 n going to get engine soon with starter box... will I ever join a race.. definately but must improve first.. Who knows maybe my SII can beat all the MTX 3 and Evos... For now.. play car with fren only

Y this long thread

because what I sadi really happened and ppl are still asking why the scene is not HOT
Old 04-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Er... this thread is about EP (Electric Powered). But your posting does seem to make sense. The key word is attitude. It applies to anyone, anywhere.

If people can be affected by "I dunno", some might commit suicide if they went thru what you did.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

. . . . . so you guys expect EP touring racing scene hot here in Singapore?

sigh. calm down. you had one unpleasant race. no need to feel cynical and bitter or make sweeping statements. most racers are willing to help if you approach them. it takes two to break the ice between strangers. in every hobby there are good guys and bad guys. we have to accept that nobody is perfect. the majority of pple here admit there are issues (and attitudes) to iron out or change to encourage EP growth. that is why pple are contributing in this thread.
it was unfortunate that you did not enjoy your first race. however hopefully this will not discourage you from joining other races if racing is what you love.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Let's ignore our friends so that we can talk to strangers!

Let's smile everytime!

Let's teach everything r/c to golfers!

World Peace! YEAH!
You are right man! Maybe we should set a counter & all e A-main drivers must seat there to wait for those 'STRANGERS' to ask them question. Answer satified them, they say thank you. Answer never satified them or give a wrong answer, they will stab u from behind. Yeah, the world is peace but not e R/C world.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

HAHAHAHAHAHA I know EP is electric Powered

Reason why I posted what I did was to show that it happens everywhere.. You just have to live with it... A few flaming posts are not going to change everything.

anyway might just try the novice race this sunday for kicks

shd be better than

You guys have fun
Old 04-12-2004, 05:39 AM
sty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by Confused R/C
HAHAHAHAHAHA I know EP is electric Powered

Reason why I posted what I did was to show that it happens everywhere.. You just have to live with it... A few flaming posts are not going to change everything.

anyway might just try the novice race this sunday for kicks

shd be better than

You guys have fun
Sorry pal, sometimes you meet the wrong type of people than boh pian lah. Last time there was a group of guys who use to play GP cars in pasir ris container car park who are very helpful and help many guys to fix up their cars. Now the group is less there cos the leader Andy is busy doing his nite business. Heard that they may be starting again. Probably you can go there since you are staying in tampines. The only problem is that there is no track there and we just drive our cars up and down the car park and talk rc.

I think both are equally good but is definitely richer than .
Old 04-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Bugs Bunny
You are right man! Maybe we should set a counter & all e A-main drivers must seat there to wait for those 'STRANGERS' to ask them question. Answer satified them, they say thank you. Answer never satified them or give a wrong answer, they will stab u from behind. Yeah, the world is peace but not e R/C world.

that's a good idea! but i would add one more chair near to garbage bin, i'll just stay near to that hopefully can take some thrown R/C stuffs
Old 04-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

that's a good idea! but i would add one more chair near to garbage bin, i'll just stay near to that hopefully can take some thrown R/C stuffs
if u claim u are a newbie... with yr attitude, no wonder u cannot get help....
Old 04-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Amatuer observations

Originally posted by Confused R/C

Y this long thread

because what I sadi really happened and ppl are still asking why the scene is not HOT
Not sure if your bad expereinces are because of the nasty people you meet, or the problems you have with your car or simply because of some inferior complex with a entry level car.

Whatever it is, Dont take it too hard this is only a hobby afterall.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Mr. Sean,

Im a newbie also. I have always said that I will race "one day". But that day has never come. Not because of the other racers' attitude but because of more pressing commitments.... Anyway, why should you be pissed off with these other racers' attitude? Did that guy throw away YOUR tx? It's his tx, right? He can do what he wants with it, right? Have u seen the world's video when surikan won? Barry Baker ALMOST threw his transmitter after losing.... As for them ignoring you, well, they didn't harm you did they? If you think that something wrong was done to you, Go and complain to the police.... Lastly, from one noob to another, be REALISTIC. This is a HOBBY. You do it to relax NOT to count imaginary wrongdoings against you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.