Wiki Posts
Search

[B]DIOT (Defu Indoor Offroad Track)[/B]

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Hey guys,

If you guys need to buy from US online store for your parts. Do check properly. I was checking out amainhobbies, infernosonly and absolutehobbyz and this is what I found out.

Amainhobbies might have some parts that are slightly more expensive than infernosonly and absolutehobbyz but when you add the delivery charges, they are the cheapest, after getting discount on their delivery if you purchase more than US$25 (that's peanut when come to this hobby )!

My jaw nearly drop when I see that infernosonly delivery charges (same type, UPS WordwideSaver) is actually US$50+ more expensive than Amainhobbies. Even though by items, I'm saving about US$15, i actually end up paying US$35 more! What a rip-off!

This is the style that Tower Hobbies like to do too. They give very good discount to international customers but their delivery charges is seriously ridiculous!

They are earning more from the delivery charges!

So do take note. FYI
I know u are driving MP9 also maybe u can check out this website too.. As I will be ordering and giving a try on their Svc.. Will let u know the outcome... Cheers!!!

http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?br...no%20MP9&pid=1

Last edited by mosta; 03-13-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks bro.

Originally Posted by mosta
I know u are driving MP9 also maybe u can check out this website too.. As I will be ordering and giving a try on their Svc.. Will let u know the outcome... Cheers!!!

http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?br...no%20MP9&pid=1
Old 03-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Alamak, all same time, so I guess same time afternoon shift people right?
Yup will be down to help too ...
Old 03-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shyhyu
Hi Bro, actually i still new in this hobby. no idea on the price. but saw online the range can be from 10 to 100+ dollar. as a newbie like me something around or below $50 is it possible??
shyhyu boss, 'heart pain pain' try invest in at least the in-between type ard close 2 $100 range & it will go a long(er) way. Dun b 'penny wise, pound foolish' get those below $50. There's oso no need get those exorbitant above $150 type. Basically, u'll need 1 with at least 13kg torque 4 steering & 8~10kg 4 throttle/braking.

Happy shopping !
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KK-racing
shyhyu boss, 'heart pain pain' try invest in at least the in-between type ard close 2 $100 range & it will go a long(er) way. Dun b 'penny wise, pound foolish' get those below $50. There's oso no need get those exorbitant above $150 type. Basically, u'll need 1 with at least 13kg torque 4 steering & 8~10kg 4 throttle/braking.

Happy shopping !
50 bucks or below only can get MG995.
Even FITEC also around 65.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, I believe we have quite a number of nitro offroad enthusiasts in Singapore but the only track available is the DIOT. The DIOT is definitely a decent track, but, as its use is "unauthorised", its future remains uncertain.

So I am curious, has anyone thought of making a proper offroad racetrack in Singapore like those in JB or KL? Perhaps through funding of a RC car racing club / racing events?

A quick check on SLA's website indicated that rental of a suburban / outlaying state land for sports & recreation use costs $0.45 psm per month, which works out to be $450 per a 1,000 m2 plot of land (suitable size for 1/8 nitro?).

Discuss
Old 03-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting info bro, but we still need space to relax one corner to tune our buggy so, 1200 or 1500 m2 might be a better estimation? We also need cost to build up the track and maintain the track. But the monthly rental sure look interesting. Let's start eh ball rolling with the discussion.

I can definitely contribute my time and some cash if need be.

Originally Posted by Hotseat
Hi guys, I believe we have quite a number of nitro offroad enthusiasts in Singapore but the only track available is the DIOT. The DIOT is definitely a decent track, but, as its use is "unauthorised", its future remains uncertain.

So I am curious, has anyone thought of making a proper offroad racetrack in Singapore like those in JB or KL? Perhaps through funding of a RC car racing club / racing events?

A quick check on SLA's website indicated that rental of a suburban / outlaying state land for sports & recreation use costs $0.45 psm per month, which works out to be $450 per a 1,000 m2 plot of land (suitable size for 1/8 nitro?).
Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hitec HS-5565MH High Voltage Monster Speed Digital Programmable Servo Motor (Metal Gear), 2cell Lipo 7.4V Compatible [Torque at 6/7.4V - 11.0kg.cm/14.0kg.cm] [Speed at 6/7.4V - 0.11sec/60degree / 0.09sec/60degree] [Bearing - Dual ball) sg$77

Hitec HS-5585MH High Voltage Monster Torque Digital Programmable Servo Motor (Metal Gear), 2cell Lipo 7.4V Compatible [Torque at 6/7.4V - 14.0kg.cm/17.0kg.cm] [Speed at 6/7.4V - 0.17sec/60degree / 0.14sec/60degree [Bearing - Dual Ball sg$77

have been using hitec for a year or so without problem.
usually i will remove the casing when brought new and fill up the top gear/bearing parts with grease so as to prevent water from sipping in from the top.

and bro roy your shock can is clean and ready ,will visit you at defu one day tks.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Discuss
good effort Hotseat.

we will back you up on the labourer and technical part.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Tech Adept

I think you're right bro, should be close to 1200 m2 with a decent pit area.

For the bare minimum, material costs for pvc piping / metal clips for track outline, driver stand material (timber?) and fencing to barricade the track. All these plus labour costs.

This guy made a nice 130 x 80ft (936 m2) track at his backyard , something like this looks good

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8572561-post5.html

Interesting info bro, but we still need space to relax one corner to tune our buggy so, 1200 or 1500 m2 might be a better estimation? We also need cost to build up the track and maintain the track. But the monthly rental sure look interesting. Let's start eh ball rolling with the discussion.

I can definitely contribute my time and some cash if need be.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:18 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Wenbiao, ultimately it's still about financial support from all the enthusiasts

May be setting up a racing club and everyone pool up some money as membership fee to finance it. Say if there are 30 members, the monthly running & upkeep costs could be kept to a reasonable $30/member. I may be wrong as I am totally new to this. Just wanted a decent local facility to put our race cars to use and have fun.

What is your opinion? Waiting to hear from others too.

Originally Posted by Wenbiao
good effort Hotseat.

we will back you up on the labourer and technical part.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Wenbiao, ultimately it's still about financial support from all the enthusiasts

May be setting up a racing club and everyone pool up some money as membership fee to finance it. Say if there are 30 members, the monthly running & upkeep costs could be kept to a reasonable $30/member. I may be wrong as I am totally new to this. Just wanted a decent local facility to put our race cars to use and have fun.

let hear from others........
come down diot this sat we can TCSS there and see what the rest have up in their sleeves....
Old 03-15-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Good idea!!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by charlessito
Hitec HS-5565MH High Voltage Monster Speed Digital Programmable Servo Motor (Metal Gear), 2cell Lipo 7.4V Compatible [Torque at 6/7.4V - 11.0kg.cm/14.0kg.cm] [Speed at 6/7.4V - 0.11sec/60degree / 0.09sec/60degree] [Bearing - Dual ball) sg$77

Hitec HS-5585MH High Voltage Monster Torque Digital Programmable Servo Motor (Metal Gear), 2cell Lipo 7.4V Compatible [Torque at 6/7.4V - 14.0kg.cm/17.0kg.cm] [Speed at 6/7.4V - 0.17sec/60degree / 0.14sec/60degree [Bearing - Dual Ball sg$77

have been using hitec for a year or so without problem.
usually i will remove the casing when brought new and fill up the top gear/bearing parts with grease so as to prevent water from sipping in from the top.

and bro roy your shock can is clean and ready ,will visit you at defu one day tks.
Thanks, but no hurry bro.
You can pass it to me when next race meet.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wenbiao
let hear from others........
come down diot this sat we can TCSS there and see what the rest have up in their sleeves....
Under my sleeve...?
Nowadays I always wear short sleeve leh, so nothing under it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.