Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[B]DIOT (Defu Indoor Offroad Track)[/B]

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

yoggyong

That's another very helpful list, I really appreciate you spent some time writing down your views for each car.

Your comments on the Hong Nor X3 really caught my eye and it's shortlisted! I believe the Serpent and Caster are also good options...am reading now and see if I can make some sense from the info in this forum. Thanks!

Originally Posted by yoggyong
Actually, there are also other good buggys out there with good parts support locally:

1.) Serpent 811
Branded and may be a little pricey. But good reviews. Nimble. If Kyosho was one of ur choice, den I guess this shld be ok on ur budget too. All the spring-steel driveshafts always makes me drool on it! Expensive materials on it.

2.) Hong Nor X3
Could be claimed the latest buggy among others in the mkt currently. Good built, durable. Personally, I felt good with this aft getting it setup to my liking. Less nimble but offers better stability. If ur not a veteran, I'll gladly advise on going for a stable buggy instead. Would have made driving easier.

3.) Caster ZX1.5R
Based on the mugen family, this buggy handles very similar characteristics to it. Nimble and agile. Some parts may not be as lasting, but if u take time to carefully shim and built it, it'll be really durable. Plus point to note is full parts support locally, and its the cheapest buggy available locally I suppose. Super budget friendly

All these are other brands not mentioned by diot guys which has full/good supports locally. Do take some time and do more research on them Best if u could support the LHS. Easier when u need advise and setup tips from them too
Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hotseat
yoggyong

That's another very helpful list, I really appreciate you spent some time writing down your views for each car.

Your comments on the Hong Nor X3 really caught my eye and it's shortlisted! I believe the Serpent and Caster are also good options...am reading now and see if I can make some sense from the info in this forum. Thanks!

No prob dude.. Just sharing what I know, which the others missed out Feel free to ask shld u need more info.. I'll gladly share whatever I know of
Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Heading to defu now. Hope to meet u guys!
Old 03-03-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

no love for Xray?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chiatw73
no love for Xray?
Get the xb9, post the review here.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Heading to defu now. Hope to meet u guys!
How did it go mate?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chiatw73
no love for Xray?
Thanks for another nice suggestion chiatw73 . I noticed the Xray is the 3rd most popular car in today's Southern League Race (first 2 being Mugen & Hong Nor). And I think we have a local distributor which is a plus. I think it is another good option.

Do you own one or are you considering one too?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wenbiao
Get the xb9, post the review here.
Yes
Old 03-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For bashing, it's fun broke my wing and servo saver arm. I guess that will force me to rebuild this buggy. It was my first buggy and I built it without knowing anything about buggy but it was a good experience. I learn a lot about from the build (glad I didn't go for the RTR route). So I'm sure i can correct those build mistake with the rebuild.

Anyway bro, if you want to purchase HyperStar, recommend you change the chassis to this one http://www.ofnawarehouse.com/product...oducts_id=4398. I was told this will make your buggy more planted and better handling on jump comparing to the stock. I haven't really get to try them (even though I'm already using them) on proper track yet. But this was the advised I received from one of the OFNA guy in this forum. Winnie don't carry them (at least when I asked her previously)

I'm being unfair to compare hobao against kyosho. This hyper star is a good buggy for the price you are paying and might be good investment since you are starting again. Just my 2 cents.

But get XZ-B without doubts. Simply love this engine. My friend keeps on reminding me how nice the sound of the engine and I think so too.

Originally Posted by Hotseat
How did it go mate?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default Just Some Pics

Great weekend at the race.... we all totally enjoyed ourselves even those who were racing for the 1st time .. well done guys .. !!! Glad we all had fun .. sound have used my "FREE' time to take more pics.. haha.. my other 'hobby' .. will do that the next race..
Attached Thumbnails [B]DIOT (Defu Indoor Offroad Track)[/B]-img_0126%5B1%5D.jpg   [B]DIOT (Defu Indoor Offroad Track)[/B]-img_0117%5B1%5D.jpg   [B]DIOT (Defu Indoor Offroad Track)[/B]-img_0118%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pics

more more ...
Attached Thumbnails [B]DIOT (Defu Indoor Offroad Track)[/B]-img_0111%5B1%5D.jpg   [B]DIOT (Defu Indoor Offroad Track)[/B]-img_0112%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone driving the caster F8T? i juz got it
front bumper seem too small nose dive crack my front shell
u think can fit other truggy bumpers??

gonna test it out this week at diot hopefully will
not break anything
Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doggie
Great weekend at the race.... we all totally enjoyed ourselves even those who were racing for the 1st time .. well done guys .. !!! Glad we all had fun .. sound have used my "FREE' time to take more pics.. haha.. my other 'hobby' .. will do that the next race..
well done....
Old 03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

more more ...
Ah Doggie, next time take the pictures with the cars battling on the track, or some 'spectacular shots' like a few cars in the mid air etc...
Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds like you had fun with your new car

I have narrowed down my selection to the MP9 / XB9 / DNX408. The DNX408 is on deep discount now and 2 can be had for the price of a MP9. The 2nd kit can be use for spares

You have me sold on the XZ-B, I will just get the normal version to "abuse" first lol

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
For bashing, it's fun broke my wing and servo saver arm. I guess that will force me to rebuild this buggy. It was my first buggy and I built it without knowing anything about buggy but it was a good experience. I learn a lot about from the build (glad I didn't go for the RTR route). So I'm sure i can correct those build mistake with the rebuild.

I'm being unfair to compare hobao against kyosho. This hyper star is a good buggy for the price you are paying and might be good investment since you are starting again. Just my 2 cents.

But get XZ-B without doubts. Simply love this engine. My friend keeps on reminding me how nice the sound of the engine and I think so too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.